Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

^^ Cool stuff, Mike!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jyard SVO84 View Post
    Were those wheels hard to fit on your car escogt?? I really like those cobra wheels on 9L SVO's
    Sorry for the late reply. Not hard at all. Just bolted them on & away I went. No modding necessary.
    Last edited by escogt; 11-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.

FEP Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post
    NICE! I missed this thread. Here is my 9L that I purchased from ebay (Texas) in 09. I got lucky for sure as the ebay pics weren't great. She cleaned up really well and runs awesome. I've added more boost and a ton of suspension stuff - LOVE the way she handles/drives. She did me proud this year to/from the LI Fox-a-Que! SOOO much fun!

The next day after I washed her:

Detailed - Stripped/polished wheels with her big sister:

After suspension and re-doing charcoal:

That is a nice looking car! You found a diamond in the rough! I had a similar experience when I bought mine this last summer. I thought I was looking in the mirror. I'm going to do the charcoal next summer as well. There are some nice 9L's around here! And they're sooo much fun, I agree...when it's not winter....

The first look at the picture backing it off the trailer and i thought the car had red rims! Oh yeah, that engine through the hood picture is really cool too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

What size tires are you running with those wheels?? I just scored a new set of 97 cobra wheels for $125 from Denver, CO. Ill post pics when i get home. Do u like the single wing better trhat the bi wing or was yours one of those that came with the deleted bi wing?? Ill be able to put my hands on my car for the first time in about 5-6 weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!!

What size tires are you running with those wheels?? I just scored a new set of 97 cobra wheels for $125 from Denver, CO. Ill post pics when i get home. Do u like the single wing better trhat the bi wing or was yours one of those that came with the deleted bi wing?? Ill be able to put my hands on my car for the first time in about 5-6 weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!!
    Mine is a factory bi-wing delete car, 1 of 295. I like both wings on the SVO. The rarity of mine is just an added bonus.
    I have 245/40 Potenza's all around with the Cobra wheels. Good luck & enjoy her!!!

I sure will enjoy my car. I have been doing all kinds of research on it so I know exactly what I am going to do when i get home but I just got extended here till May. Kind of a motivation killer but hey what can I do. Ill keep u guys up to date on parts I have purchased. What is the widest i can go on the rear with those wheels??

I sure will enjoy my car. I have been doing all kinds of research on it so I know exactly what I am going to do when i get home but I just got extended here till May. Kind of a motivation killer but hey what can I do. Ill keep u guys up to date on parts I have purchased. What is the widest i can go on the rear with those wheels??
    Sorry to hear of your extended tour. Hang in there, you'll be home before you know it.
    On a stock SVO, I wouldn't go any wider than a 245 tire.

OK ill take that in consideration. I think I am going to order my tires here in th next week or so. I am looking for BFG KDW's I love the tread design and the reviews I have read about them really get me excited. Do you have a pic of under your hood escogt??

Name:  20140108_073344_resized.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  58.2 KBName:  20140108_073401_resized.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  53.0 KBName:  20130619_192900.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  94.7 KB

Lots of good looking svo's on here! My delivery last week! Doing all the maintenence work right now before I drive it.

^^ Congrats man. Really happy for you!! ^^

Do you have a pic of under your hood escogt??
    Yup... (sorry for the late reply)

Last edited by escogt; 01-15-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Very nice!! Any plans for upgrades or are you going to keep it perfectly stock?

Very nice!! Any plans for upgrades or are you going to keep it perfectly stock?
    Thanks!! With only 36K on the clock, I'm going to keep it 'perfectly stock'. Not too many clean, unmolested SVO's around anymore plus I have my GT to modify as I please.
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Good to hear that. I am going to make my SVO more of a car that reflects me. Not horribly molested but not quite stock either. lol

Good to hear that. I am going to make my SVO more of a car that reflects me. Not horribly molested but not quite stock either. lol
    That's great, man!!!! Good luck & enjoy it to the fullest!!
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I sure will. I am planning on buying an 85 GT TTop and paint it canyon red down the road. I see that your in NY. I go to the Bronx to see my cousin from time to time. Maybe we can get our 2 9L's together and get an awesome photo shoot going??

I sure will. I am planning on buying an 85 GT TTop and paint it canyon red down the road. I see that your in NY. I go to the Bronx to see my cousin from time to time. Maybe we can get our 2 9L's together and get an awesome photo shoot going??
    Love the '85GT's!! Good luck.
    Shoot me a PM whenever you're in town. We'll try to make it happen. The Bronx is about 30 minutes from me.
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

ok sure will

Default 84 svo

Name:  IMG_20140202_051540.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  61.5 KB. This is my 84 svo. I have been working on it for a couple of years now. Its got fr 500 wheels gutted intakes,la3,#35injectors,tc intercooler,stingerr bov,drop springs,white faced gauges,blue LEDs aftermarket boost gauge,bigger fuel rail and inline fpg .Its coming along nice.I love this car and its such a blast to drive.pretty quick with 18 pounds of boost. Much more to come in the future. Take care.
    Last edited by chads84svo; 02-01-2014 at 09:23 PM.

I started a project thread, but here is mine, 1986

Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Little late to the intro party, but might as well jump in. Here are a couple pics of my 86 that I have owned now since 1991...where does the time go!! I am the third owner, purchased with 57K on the clock, currently sitting with 114K now. Still have fun throwing it around the road and auto-x courses, making the V8 guys scratch their heads of course (ha,ha!). First two are at the Autobahn CC in Joliet, IL (local track) and the third is at Road America in the rain.

Name:  Autobahn - 2013_02.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  107.5 KB Name:  Autobahn - 2013_04.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  116.6 KB Name:  RA - 2012_14.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  167.5 KB
    Last edited by svono50; 11-19-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Default Introduce your SVOs

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    and the third is at Road America in the rain.

Name:  RA - 2012_14.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  167.5 KB
    That's a cool FEP calendar pic for April?

I am all for offering up that one or either of the two below from the same event. The top one is cresting the hill on the front straight at ~80mph and the bottom one is on the carousel?? Since I am still getting my feet on FEP, how would I submit for a calendar pic, etc?? I have the full resolution pics of any of them if that helps too. Thanx.

Name:  RA - 2012_11.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  RA - 2012_17.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  139.9 KB
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Here is a link with the calendar submission info. I think your SVO is amazing (the stance and wheel combo is freakin perfect!) and any of those shots would look killer on a calendar (personally I like the one with you ahead of the Subaru, sticking it to the imports). I hope you submit and I would love to see more of your car.

Here's that link:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...lendar-Contest
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Mike, thanx for the compliments only took me 20 years to figure out the tire/wheel/suspension combo you see above (ha,ha!). Drats, looks like the cutoff for the 2015 calendar was 10/1!?! Looks like I need to create an album over here and maybe bring over some of my write ups. If you are out wandering you can look at my project thread over on the SVOCA forums, "17 years and counting...". Unfortunately you have to be signed into the forum to look at the full size photos.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

here is a picture of my SVO.
    I call him Harvey.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Does your svo have a cloaking device? Lol I don't see a svo..........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast