Close

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1260

Excellent job! And I personally like the steelies better!
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife

Car looks great.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    Excellent news that we'll be seeing it out next weekend. I'm a little excited to take mine out to show it off too.
    Ed. I hope the weather is good. If it's anywhere close to today, I will not take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Your 79 coupe turned out just awesome. I absolutely love it, even the styled steel wheels with trim rings.

Congrats on another job well done!
    Thanks Joe. Your work is inspiration to many (now that PB is showing all your pictures again!)!

Quote Originally Posted by FB71 View Post
    Excellent job! And I personally like the steelies better!
    I am quite fond of them too! Long term plans is to have a set of TRX repros to share between cars.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Car looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxmatt View Post
    love this car! great job
    Thanks guys! Hopefully I will get some enjoyment time in it this year!

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Ed. I hope the weather is good. If it's anywhere close to today, I will not take it out.
    I'm of the same mind. I've been watching the forecasts with hope for a decent day. I thought about going out to the brunch yesterday, then opted to work in the yard instead as it was showering in the morning.

WOOT WOOT!!!! Stoked she is all finished!
    -Currently the proud owner of a ONE owner 1982 GL Mustang with 5.0,4speed and ttops. Only 107,500 original kms

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    WOOT WOOT!!!! Stoked she is all finished!
    You and me both Blaine!

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    I'm of the same mind. I've been watching the forecasts with hope for a decent day. I thought about going out to the brunch yesterday, then opted to work in the yard instead as it was showering in the morning.
    Well Ed, the weather just is not cooperating for tomorrow for the Mustang Club show. I am not planning on taking the car out in the rain. While I normally would, I am not inclined to be re-detailing it this year for water spots

Name:  IMG_2551.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  28.7 KB

Blog Entries

Default Some enjoyment!

It was not bad out this past Tuesday night so I went over to the garage I rent to go for a little jaunt.

I still need to get the choke and the fast idle set properly but it did start with not much issue.

I guess I did about 30 miles. I still think the C3 transmission shifts too conservatively but oh well. A manual is quite a ways out I'm sure! That and the exhaust still has a drone to it between 2200 and 3000 RPM. It is right at the high end at 60 mph. I really would not want to do a long drive in it!

I am going to try the Steam_Mill fix and try to tune it a little. The 2.5" exhaust looks pretty plus the Flowmaster mufflers came with it but it is really a little too big for the V6 and needs a tune.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...x-really-works!

A couple of glamour shots. In the natural light I cannot see any real colour variation

Oh. Guess what. The rear oil pan leak persists Maybe not so bad but TBD. Maybe the pan is warped a smidge? Frustrating to say the least

Car looks good Darran, sad to not see it representing the four eyes at the show today. I get it though wanting to keep it pristine at least for a while after the second build.

I know how frustrating leaks can be. I redid my oil pan twice to get it sealed. Finally ditched the one piece gasket and went with the traditional four piece type to seal it at the back. So far I have not had any more trouble and no other leaks either.

The mustang looks really good Darran. I hope you get good weather to go cruising in now.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051