Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    FEP Senior Member

Default My four eyed wonder

Well I have wanted a 4 eye for along time, I have owned a lot of chevies, a ton of volkswagens (still have a 1990 corrado which I am selling to finance this project) but no mustang. I missed out on a couple of aeros when I found this.

The owner is from a local forum I am on and basically after losing his job and needing some cash he put it up for sale.

Here is a copy paste form the ad translated and corrected for spelling
    Mustang 1985 Gt Hatchback 140 km
    Engine 302 1989 80 000 km +/-
    edelbrock Carb 650 cfm choke manuel
    Svo brakes without the master cyl being changed
    Underdrive pullies
    Intake Professional product air gap (not installed)
    Transmission Ford Racing
    Tremec World Class Heavy Duty
    H-Pipe 2 1/4
    Magnaflow Cat back
    Posi 8.8 (stock gear 2.73?)
    Coil Mustang unlimited
    Energy urethane bushing kit (not installed yet)
    Pro 5.0 short shift with a hurst handle
    sub frame connectors (bolted not welded yet)
    And some kind of torque bar which bolts into the rear floor pan?

Now the car is not mint, the sunroof surround is in desperate need of work(rust) as well as the non original flaking paint, but the towers and underside is quite decent compared to the piles we find up here.My biggest worry is that there are stress cracks on the drivers side floor under the seat(which I have learned are a 5.0 trademark) hopefully can be repaired and braced properly.Then the sub frame connectors will be welded. It is a project but I am just happy to have picked it up!

Since the picture it has picked up a AWOL passenger mirror( p/o's next door neighbor) as well as someone kicked and keyed the drivers side. But that just gives me more reason to sell off my other car and get to work on the mustang.
    Here are some more accurate pics

and yes the wing has to go. I will hunting down 2 new doors, fenders and a wingless hatch hopefully this winter. Wondering if installing the intake is worth any effort( dont exactly trust the chinese made stuff. especially after reading the reviews of them.)
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 07-20-2009 at 10:08 PM.

FEP Super Member

Looks like a good project, I actually like the way that front air dam looks on there. Keep us posted.

I've always wanted a corrado...
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

Quote Originally Posted by mattquerio View Post
    Looks like a good project, I actually like the way that front air dam looks on there. Keep us posted.
    x2. is that a steeda wing?
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

FEP Senior Member

No idea have not found any identifying marks yet, but it will be going. The air dam is kind of different, the skin is actually wrapped around the original gt bumper, even the marshalls are still there.

FEP Super Member

Yes, that IS a STEEDA sport wing.....keep it! Oh, by the way, nice project you got there, and welcome to FEP.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Nice project, I'd keep a wing on it though, looks better with a wing.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

I like the car. You can have a lotta fun with it. Very nice.

And let me get this outta the way. I luv a Corrado!

That's a Xenon urethane air dam you've got there. Same as the one I installed on my car recently. Is yours held on with double sided tape only along the top edge or do you have any rivets or screws (besides the ones in the wheel opening) helping to hold it on? Mine has slipped a little bit and I need to correct it.
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

FEP Senior Member

hehe the Corrado is my second one, but I miss rwd. The Corrado is like no other in the handling dept but giving the mustang a bit too much gas on wet weather leaves me giggling like a kid.
    Mine is currently screwed on and most probaly will be molded to the bumper with some kind of plastic welding when I get it painted.
    Btw your car has found its way to being my background! Looks great
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 07-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.

FEP Senior Member

Met up with the previous owner to exchange soem parts(we had traded cars and I had left him with an extra set of tires.) He brought me a nice gift a "Pace car" 3 piece wing. Decided that I need soem radio in the car so I added a radio, only problem one of the previous owner managed to cut out to beyond a double din sized hole in the console. Not quite sure if I should try to find another or fab myself a nice custom piece of wood for it. hehe

FEP Senior Member

Some nice updates.
    Last week, my voltage regulator went and proceeded to cook my poor battery. At the time I had no multimeter so I couldn't check it. This week my water pump decided to leave the building after threatening to do so since I got it. Both repaired with almost no drama maybe a bit of cursing and one airborne water pump core. Got most of the dent out f the driver's quarter and after putting the car finally on a lift I have come to the conclusion it is quite saveable. There is a tear on the driver's side floor but I will be getting it repaired along with inner subframe rail connectors on both sides this winter. Some bad news my fuel pump is leaking oil (gasket) and my tranny seems to be leaking from the tail shaft.

And now for some cell phone pics from my g/f's moms place and two from under the Bell Center where the Canadiens play

Parking lot under the Canadiens Arena

G/f's mom's place

Don't mind the cell phone pics they always seem to turn out better in black and white.

Pretty. Did you decide on a color choice yet?
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

I dont know why but Ive always hated cowl hoods. My question is I like Sciroccos even though they are fwd Some guy told me theres a awd kit for them.. is it true? Sorry if I run off subject I just need to know. That green looks good though.

FEP Senior Member

Most awd kits run off either synchros (volkswagen branded awd, amazing systems but they don`t like a lot of horsepower) Or for a higher price maybe the halldex systems. But keep in mind heavy floor pan modification would be needed.

Try vwvortex.com, there is a myriad of information there. I owned 2 sciroccos before as well.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Pretty. Did you decide on a color choice yet?

And as for colour, I will try to keep it as close to the present shade as possible but for moment Im going to be concentrating on getting everything else ready for paint. Ie I need fenders, doors and some work done to repair the various defects of a 24 year old car. The sunroof, windshield surround and door jams need some love. Once thats done then Ill start interviewing for paint.

Then again I am a bit special when it comes to bodywork. The province I am from has a reputation for bad bodywork and rotten cars so if I do anything it has to be done right the first time.

FEP User

If you get some subframe connectors with the integrated seat bars like these: http://tinyurl.com/m77vvl , the weight of the seat will no longer be on that floor pan (it will be tied into the frame rails themselves) so it won't tear again in the future.
    "New" 83 GT... pics coming soon
    79 pace car - sold :-/
    83 gt - indefinitely on hold :-/
    85 ssp coupe - sold
    92 lx - sold

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scotth View Post
    If you get some subframe connectors with the integrated seat bars like these: http://tinyurl.com/m77vvl , the weight of the seat will no longer be on that floor pan (it will be tied into the frame rails themselves) so it won't tear again in the future.

I currently am debating doing an internal subframe connectors instead because of my desire to add a roll bar in the rear a la trbofox. I have an excellent welder
    http://www.agtronicmotorsport.com/gallery.php (warning lots of euro and import turbos)

FEP User

You can still do that with normal ones. On my old 83, I had normal external SFCs, but I ran a diagonal bar down from the hoop, through the floor to the SFC (right through the drain plug hole.) I'm not going to argue that it would be as solid doing it that way, but you wouldn't have to do major surgery on it.

"New" 83 GT... pics coming soon
    79 pace car - sold :-/
    83 gt - indefinitely on hold :-/
    85 ssp coupe - sold
    92 lx - sold

FEP Senior Member

No doubt it would be easier but for the amount it will be costing me to do the internal ones I`m laughing.

FEP Senior Member

Well decided to update my post a bit, the car has been in storage in a huge garage all winter. At the end of the season I got somewhat of a horrible noise which could either a lost washer or my lifter committed hairikari. Had nightmares of broken rings, piston crown but good news after doing some compression tests everything seems to be gravy 15psi between highest and lowest. It gave between 125psi and 135psi seems to be normal for an 89 302 with e7 heads....?
    And my favorite part I nabbed some gt40 heads (mustang ones) off a 65 xxxmile take out motor. Just waiting for my passport to go pick them up. Going to try and get a simple shave to make sure they flat and add in the prof products intake for the summer along with a decent set of headers and a 3g alternator upgrade...Then maybe electric rad fans and a thicker rad.

I am still often here but not posting so much because the car is pretty far away from me. 174 kms away to be exact.
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 01-23-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

for your floor cracking i had the same exact issue. cut the exess cracked metal out aroudn the stud. then weld the little square around the stud. (there will be a hole in the floor) then take another steel plate drill a hole for the seat stud. slip it over the area and weld it in. when u bolt the seat in real tight the nut will cause it all to pull together nicely. it sounds confusing and i explained it awfully. but i can send you pics if you want.
    Build your own dreams or help someone else build theirs!

67 Mustang Coupe-Rusty Parts Car
    79 Mustang Cobra- Garage Art/Project Car 11.3@118mph on a 150 shot
    84 Mustang Gt- Bolt On Fun Car
    97 Wrangler Sport- Lifted on 33's - Trail Rig
    08 Mustang Gt- Bolt Ons, 12.89@109

FEP Senior Member

Well winters over, time to get working on the car

Update for the engine, main bearings were the cause of my noise, crank is out of spec so I snapped up a 95 5.0 bottom end and car should be back approx by the first of July. I miss it.

Cool to see someone else from Montreal, and nice Mustang! I think I recognize your screen name from montreal-vdubbing. I have a friend (akrallysport) who's a vw nut so I lurk there to chceck out his pics.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bridgener View Post
    Cool to see someone else from Montreal, and nice Mustang! I think I recognize your screen name from montreal-vdubbing. I have a friend (akrallysport) who's a vw nut so I lurk there to chceck out his pics.

yep pics of my old corrados are there. Nice capri, my buddy has an 81 or so. Manager of Madhatters on crescent.

FEP Senior Member

up date

:P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast