Close

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Hello! I am a long time lurker. I have finally been able to log in. I have a 1979 Capri RS that I have owned for twenty years. I can not tell you how much help this forum has been to me since I found it. Generally being a life time mopar fan, I had to learn what makes these ford products tick. For every problem I have encountered with this little black car, there has been help and advice here, that I can't help but Thank all of the posters here.

I bought this car in 1993 for $800.00. It was a 302 srod car with a 7.5 3.08s cruise and air. I think it had a hard life before I found it, but it looked so cocky from afar. With V-8, 4 spd painted on the windshield I was intrigued. He wanted $1000, I offered 800 and have been spending money on it since. This car should be a Mercury Capri RS Ebay Edition. I live in southern Minnesota, I bought the motor from Mass. the trans form Phoenix, the rear end from Cape Coral Fl. and countless other parts all off ebay. Every day can be like Christmas when you get a new box in the mail !

I am probably never going to race this or take it to a car show( it is not pretty yet) I call it therapy, some times you just gotta let something loose.

The motor is an 86 ford crate motor. The guy I bought it from pulled the roller cam and rockers and put a flat tappet cam in it for what ever reason. Not knowing really what cam, I put a Crane magnum 270 cam with .500 lift both sides. RPM intake ,shorties, 750 dual feed Holley. Pulled the srod, installed a 1996 t-5 from a 3.8 mustang, pulled the 7.5 and installed 8.8 with 3.73s. I have replaced every rubber bushing in this car and had it tore apart for 5 years while trying to decide what to do with it. It sounds snotty, brutally fun, and really woke up with the 3.73s. For giggles this week end I am going to put on a 650 spreadbore dbl pumper if it does not rain. Again Thanks All !! Mark

Past money pits

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 318 4 spd
    1967 notchback Barracuda 273 auto
    1971 Challenger 318 auto purple shaft 360 heads and intake shift kit
    1971 Chevelle .30 over 350 big crane cam stock heads and intake 4spd crazy little car
    1970 Cuda sold before it got the 383
    1971 dodge van B5 blue 318 purple shaft Edelbrock hi rise and 625

FEP Supporter

Wow, signed up over a year ago and you just posted? LOL.

Good luck with your car, there is so much we can change and interchange it seems there are infinite possibilities!

I didnt know that the SN-95 T5's bolted up easily. Something about the input shaft length was different, but I guess you were successful.

You're just going to have to start posting pictures to show us better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome to FEP. Looking forward to seeing pics of your car.

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Late welcome aboard! Pictures please...
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

I could never get the log in to work. I bet they have sent me 4 or 5 different passwords, I just kept pounding on it today until it worked.

I have bought so much stuff for this car that was supposed to be a "Direct Fit" that was not. The trans required a flywheel and clutch,pressure plate from a mid 80s F-150. Of course I had to put it together first find out it was not a direct fit . Then take it apart again put the new stuff in to find the starter no longer lined up argh!! All better now!!
    Thanks Guys!! Mark

Lurker turned member. That's what I call progress. Welcome to FEP. Now that you can logon, it's time to post pictures.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

I put the 650 spreadbore dbl pumper on this week. I had to search high and low for an intake for it. I am thrilled with the results. I changed it cuz I was having the tip in problem that I was chasing for a long time. Changed squirter, pump cams messed with timing, nada. Everyone on here kept saying vaccum leak. It would idle great, start and run like the wind except the tip in. When I was taking the intake off, I found that the vaccum fitting for the brake booster was loose. I was half tempted to put everything back on to see if that solved it. As many times as we had the carb off and double checking things this escaped me. Anyhow, now, wow. This runs like I always tried to make my cars run. Sharp, crisp throttle response not a miss or stumble anywhere. After 20 years, it might deserve paint !! Here are some picsAttachment 64083Attachment 64084Attachment 64085Attachment 64086

welcome my friend.