Close

Default Very Clean 1986 Mustang GT Located in Maryland

1986 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 speed.
    This car is in such great condition for its age. No rust! No Rust Repairs! The car originialy had the factory Ford rust proofing done to it (not undercoating) as you will see from all of the little plastic plugs in all the jams. The car runs and drives excellent. Very well maintained and garaged kept.
    This car was a no option car other than it does have A/C and tilt wheel. No Cruise, No power windows or locks, and no premium sound system meaning no factory amp.

See below for details:

Paint: The car started its life as a moroon car but is now Al Franco Lamborghini Pearl Orange and Ford Dark Shadow Grey with met silver stripe. All jams were painted as well. The paint condition is now about a 8 out of 10. It has been on the car for a few years and has a couple small chips here and there but nothing major. A 3" cowl hood and taillight black out was also done.

Interior: The car came with factory grey interior. It is still grey but has a new headliner, all new grey tweed upholstrey with 86 Saleen Net Halo Headrest. The dash pad was done in the same grey tweed as well as the console armrest. The door map pockets were deleted and replaced with a custom felt insert. the insert also has a great looking 1968 Mustang emblem centered. Very clean and great looking. The car has a new JVC head unit with USB and Aux plug. No amp and factory speakers.

Engine: The engine is the original motor and still has under 100,000 miles. The motor was just pulled a few months ago to clean, paint and regasket. I have pictures of all this to prove. Under the hoods was painted with tha same Ford Dark Shadow Grey paint that is on the sides of the car. The engine block was painted black. Every nut and bolt was either cleaned or replaced. All emissions components were removed (including wiring). The motor has a new timing chain, New water pump, ALL new seals, gaskets and O Rings, New Motor Mounts, ALL new hoses (cooling and vacuum), all new stainless steel hose clamps, new belt, new altenator, new ignition module, new plugs, new wires, new battery cables, new heater core, new A/C O rings and recharged 410A, new flex fan. All wiring was untaped, checked, retapped, re-loomed, and remounted. All wiring was re-routed behind the inner fenders for a cleaner look. Also installed was a Explorer GT intake. The motor now sports a Crane 2031 Cam as well. All brackets were cleaned, sand blasted, and painted. Some parts were painted "metal cast orange" to try to give a good color combo.

Suspension drivetrain: New 3:73 gears with 21 tooth speedo gear, For five lug rear axles, New front struts, Complete front five lug conversion with new bearing, rotors, brakes. New Factory Clutch, New Clutch Cable, New clutch quadrant, New trans mount.
    Wheels and Tires: 1995 Mustang Cobra wheels. Wheels were striped of clearcoat and inset paint. The inset area was repainted with the same Ford Dark Shadow Grey. All new chrome lugs. Tires New 245/45/17's.

Exhaust: Stock 86 headers that were sand blasted, New o2 sensors, offroad H pipe, 40 series flowmasters, and blacked out 86 style tail pipes.

Car does not leak, smoke, knock, or tick. It does not rattle or shake. It only gets driven in nice weather. It is just an all around great car. All new weather stripings as well.

As always, I am sure that I am missing something. I am not pressed to sell this car so I won't give it away.

$7000 OBO

Last edited by MdMustangs; 09-17-2013 at 02:35 PM.

bump....

Not usually into the modded Mustangs, but you did a great job! Car looks fantastic!

Sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by MdMustangs View Post
    Sold!!
    Congrats!!
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

No surprise there, that was a very well thought out and built Mustang. Congrats on the sale. I am curious...are you replacing it with something else?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I concur....not a two tone guy but that car was really sharp!
    85 GT Vert' (CFI converted to EFI), 306 TFS 170's, Systemax II, Lunati cam, 8.8 w/3.73, Ford Racing T-5, AFM Powerpipe
    317 rwhp 304 rwtq

Hey thanx guys.. I will be replacing it.. right now I wanna concentrate on my detached garage. Now that the Mustang is out of the garage on my house my wife can park back in there. Its killing me not to just run out and buy another. My first Mustang was a 1983 GT Black on Black with the Recaro interior. (Think I spelled that right??) That was in 1987... :/ Anyway, there is one here local for sale right now and there is one in Stafford Virginia also. Nice 83's are hard to find.

The 86 I will definitely miss. I put allot of work into it. The person that bought it really surprised me. I started getting these text about it from a person in the local area. Well on the day for them to come and see it I walk out of the house to meet with them and its a young lady..I am not a sexist at all. I have an wife and two daughters myself but I have to admit I thought, ok... a guy is gonna get out of the car.. lol She was a very nice 32 year old young lady that is really into Mustangs. She said he dad has always had them and she wanted one. She also explained the pain that I know all to well... Traveling around looking for one. Driving hours to see that "very clean" Mustang to just find it to be a beat to death POS.She said her and her Dad traveled 5 hours to NY to find this out about another 86.. which is the only year she wanted BTW. Anyway she came to look at mine alone because her Dad couldnt make it. Don't think she was much of a mechanic but she new what to look for and what to ask. She fell in love with my 86 and bought it. I took the car to her house. She has a vey nice home (on her own) and we put it in her garage. Really hoping it is treated well.

Oh and i am sure some may wonder what I got for it.. I think its low for what th car was but fair. I didn't loose money. I got $6500 for it.
    Last edited by MdMustangs; 09-29-2013 at 07:41 AM.