Close

Default 86 Mustang Coupe 5.0 5spd value?

I don't need a coupe, but I am looking. If I found the right car, I'd get it and then figure out where to hide (I mean keep) it. The ideal car would be 86 5.0 5-speed in as original condition as possible, including the 10-holes. It must have a/c, but I don't really care too much about other options, though manual windows and locks would be a plus. Mileage is less important than overall condition. No body rust, no undercoating. "Presentable" original paint and interior would be perfect, though I realize that is subjective. I like many different color combos, so I won't be too picky, though black paint would be at the bottom of the list (I love the look, just not the effort to keep it looking nice). I'm not finding much that meets my requirements, but I don't comb Auto Tempest every day (too slow for me). How about some pics or examples of what $6k will buy? Other ideas on value?
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

You are going to have to look very long and hard for what I think you are looking for, but, you should be able to find it with a lot of hard work, patience, and effort. Look in my photos for the one I finally found after a year of searching just about everything and some help from forum friends. They are out there, but, extremely rare to find one in the kind of condition you are looking for. Be prepared to travel or ship, and be prepared to act quickly once you find the right car because they don't stay for sale long in this price range. Best of luck and I'll be on the lookout for ya.

I think you need to come up with about $4,000 more.
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    You are going to have to look very long and hard for what I think you are looking for, but, you should be able to find it with a lot of hard work, patience, and effort. Look in my photos for the one I finally found after a year of searching just about everything and some help from forum friends. They are out there, but, extremely rare to find one in the kind of condition you are looking for. Be prepared to travel or ship, and be prepared to act quickly once you find the right car because they don't stay for sale long in this price range. Best of luck and I'll be on the lookout for ya.
    Did you sell the black/red coupe? I thought I remembered seeing it posted a few months ago (when I wasn't really looking for a coupe). That one is probably pretty close to what I seek and I do like red interiors and could get used to the black. I'm not burning for a coupe, so I think I'll keep looking, as you suggest, and see what's out there. Will probably pass on some cars that will haunt me later.

Quote Originally Posted by snkchmr View Post
    I think you need to come up with about $4,000 more.
    You may be right. I posted a silver/blue coupe with 24k miles in FYI yesterday that's listed for $13k. It's auto and really much nicer that what I'm seeking, but I'll probably never find that same combo and condition in an original 5-speed car.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library