Close

Thread: heat wave

Default heat wave

Hi guys, i started to feel a heat wave in the cabin of my svo, i can feel the heat in my feet and flowing through the coin tray gape where the e brake goes, i remember getting the same heat inside from my previuos fox mustangs (3 of them)
    any sugestions? how can i solve the problem?

1st guesses would be the rubber boots around the shifter and the e-brake handle.

91+ here in Metro Detroit right now.

One good possibility is the lower shift boot, directly on the trans tunnel, under the shifter boot.
    Check it for splits, tears, looseness, or even if it is there.

Heat, dust, air, fumes pour thru that hole when open.
    Missing, or if boots are not fastened down good, it is a open door critters will use once they find it.

1" wide butyl rubber, commonly found in rolls at RV supply stores, works great to reseal/remount lower boot to tunnel.
    After applying butyl generously under and over the boot edges, it levels out nicely from that heat for a good durable seal.
    This repair has lasted for years here. Surfaces have to be very clean for butyl to stick.

Heat, dust, air, fumes, can travel under the carpet from floor pan openings, escaping at cuts/edges , like under the console.

Check the large round rubber wire grommet, under carpet on the DS tunnel near the gas pedal.
    Grommet can pop out of the hole. Reinsert and seal the same way.

Also have added thick rubber insulation sheets (used on other brand cars) in the whole front foot well area.
    Any little bit helps. Exhaust system routes right under there.
    Last edited by gr79; 09-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.