Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Haha, not blown up, that's a good start!
    Haha! Yeah! The engine sat for so long I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. So I rev it higher and faster. Once it's on the ground I get to put a real load on it. That'll be the first real test. I remember when this engine was in the '86 it made power but gave off blue smoke. I figured valve seals would be in order, but I haven't seen any blue smoke. Today was low 70's and the exhaust looks "normal". There is exhaust smoke but it's not black or blue. It looks like what you would see coming out of the car in front of you on a cold day. I am very pleased with how it's idling after the ignition timing adjustment. Tomorrow I have a list of things to button up before I take it on a short test drive. I am stoked!!

Yay! I'm excited for you my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Yay! I'm excited for you my friend!
    Thanks man! I am already underneath it! Haha! While I was under there it dawned on me why the fuel line routing is messed up. I lengthened the lines under the doors where the lines looked straightest. I should've lengthened further back where the lines are running in the driveshaft tunnel. That way that first bend where the lines go to the center of the car wouldnt intersect the chassis bracket that it does now. Live and learn. I will have to pick up another set of lines somewhere down the line.

Success! I even registered it online and drove it to Wawa (our local brand of convenience store)! Rust hasn't completely worn of rotors yet! It stops fine, just not like it has cobra brakes, which it does!

Very cool, now we need a picture or video of you doing a smoky in front of the Wawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Very cool, now we need a picture or video of you doing a smoky in front of the Wawa.
    Yeah. I might need the 351w to pull that one off. I can chirp first! Haha! I've done it twice already! Lol! The good news is I am 3-1 in fantasy football! If I win that it's a 351w build for Christmas! Yeah!

Alright FEP! What are you guys doing about the abysmal light output up front! It's just past dusk here and I took it around the block and I can't see squat! Modern lighting has come such a long way. My 09 tacoma is so much better. The wife's camry also much better. Baby girl's 05 cr-v same thing... I can see what's in front of me. The Daddywagon's headlights suck!! What to do? Post up your brightest ghetto blue hid upgrade because these lights suck

4x6 housing and 9007 bulbs. Look for some that are DOT approved.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

4x6 housing and 9007 bulbs. Look for some that are DOT approved.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Brad! I'm gonna look into it! Just drove around again and I need some light!

The thing I like best about them is they use the same bulbs as my newer cars. And an LED upgrade would be as easy as buying different bulbs. They were too pricey at the time, so I went with the halogens.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Excellent man

Looking good! Definitely like the wheels black better.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Looking good! Definitely like the wheels black better.
    Haha! That's funny! Someone on another forum said they liked them better white. I like the white but the black goes with the sleeper look. If I get the car painted then shiny white wheels will look better. Right now, I like the black.

Sweet car. Black wheels look good. Wonder what it would look like with a white stripe on the rim? Kind of mimic the old thin white wall tires so at first glance it appears to be grandma's grocery getter.

I think I have the answer to that.

The white lip is definitely the way to go! This car is awesome! And for the lighting I have found that just adding relays with a 3G swap made more light than some of my buddies cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Yeah, black with white lip is sweet.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah. I like that look also. That was midway through removal of the plastidip! Basically just peeled the center off first. It struck me how good it looked so I snapped a pic of it!

Quote Originally Posted by wdanison43103 View Post
    The white lip is definitely the way to go! This car is awesome! And for the lighting I have found that just adding relays with a 3G swap made more light than some of my buddies cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3g swap is on the list, but on the backburner because I have a lot to do just to pass inspection.

I drove it 64 miles round trip to work without incident. My coworkers were fairly impressed with it. I’ve talked it up for years, so they were happy for me that I finally got to drive it. Truthfully it isn’t done yet, but a driving project makes it real. Real in the sense that I feel like I won’t give up on it. When it was on jackstands with a long list of things to buy and do it was easier to just let it sit. Now that I can drive it, I am psyched to get it done!

Congratulations!

I've always been one to do all I can to keep a car drivable at all times. It doesn't always work but my kids wouldn't have gotten to be in my 86GT while they could remember it if it wasn't for me being stubborn about that. Cars go to hell in a hand basket when they sit. The 5 years mine did sit with transmission problems were very hard on it and it's not been the same since.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Awesome, congrats! Had to be a good feeling.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Thanks! Hopefully it won’t be sitting too much in the future. Yes. It felt great to drive it to work and show it off to my coworkers.

I got a new decal!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast