Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Calipers are installed.

Really cool build! Just saw and went through the thread for the 1st time. Looks like you have already done what I plan to do to my wagon- Cobra IRS and exact same 2005 GT wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    Another obvious thing I forgot is tires. 2005 gt tires are 235/55r17, and are not compatible with the fox build.
    So, you went to a 245/45R17 tire correct? Did you still have to roll the passenger wheel lip or did the tire change fix that? Thanks!
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'Montdude View Post
    Really cool build! Just saw and went through the thread for the 1st time. Looks like you have already done what I plan to do to my wagon- Cobra IRS and exact same 2005 GT wheels.

So, you went to a 245/45R17 tire correct? Did you still have to roll the passenger wheel lip or did the tire change fix that? Thanks!
    The rear fenders have to be rolled still. However, you can see in previous pics that even though they aren't rolled yet the tire goes behind that lip. It's like a 1 inch horizontal lip. Roll that and you can go 255 I would think. With the right offset rim you might get away with 17x9 and a 275 tire! (By the way I have cobra r's and will attempt this eventually.). Good luck with your wagon and feel free to share pics here or link me to your thread.

I also have a couple of gauge cluster options. I bought these years ago off of the local craigslist. It's not visible in the picture, but the one with the 140 mph speedo says certified calibration at the bottom of the speedo. I will probably use the one with the tach because I am going 5 speed.

The second cluster is cool! Must be from an LX?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    The second cluster is cool! Must be from an LX?
    Yeah. I think it is! Bought it years ago. Can't remember what seller said it was out of.

This is gonna sound goofy, but I bought a 100% stock 4 catalytic h-pipe from a 1992 mustang lx 5.0 that was removed from the car at 4000 miles. Included with the h-pipe is the tube from the smog pump. For simple normally aspirated tuning purposes I also picked up an old svo extender. This piece allows for rpm limit, and air/fuel ratio adjustments. Combine that with the 24lb injectors, and the meter I have to go with those injectors, I should have enough to run a very mild 351.

I say goofy because the stock h-pipe is a little restrictive. But, I still have an off-road h-pipe just in case I feel it's lacking.Bottom line is I have 2 exhaust setups. Stock h with stock cobra irs catback for the quiet mode and off-road h with a flowmaster cobra irs catback if I decide to go wild!

I have been relegated to cell phone pictures because my daughter took her camera to college.

Sweet! I'm confused about what the SVO Extender is though...
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

The svo extender was ford's answer to those wanting to tune efi before all the tuning alternatives came out. It's old school tech. With the advent of tweec'r and quarterhorse and the like, the extender is outdated and inferior in comparison. The extender adjusts only those 2 parameters.

Wow! What a cool thing to have though!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah. Pricewise it was a no-brainer. If it were a boosted application the extender wouldn't be enough. But I think it should suit my purposes just fine. I hope.

Update! I saw an ad on craigs for parting out 90 bronco with 351. "Great!", I thought, "I need the distributor from that truck!" The seller never replied to my request. I got a little peeved and bought a distributor on ebay. I swapped out the gear and the shaft, and voila! I now have a roller cam compatible 351 distributor with the tfi module on the side of it. Just like the mustangs! I saw another print only ad on craigs for 1991 mustang gt parts. One of the items in the ad was just what I needed; fuel lines front to rear. So I contact the seller and he sends me a pic. I expected some cruddy lines from a 23 year old stang. The lines were painted red! Apparently he thought he might need them for a factory five cobra he was intending to build and when he didn't he just stored them for years just for the Daddywagon!

Are you planning on cutting those fuel lines so you can extend them? If you don't mind flaring, probably not a big deal, but I just do, haha. Longer wheelbase and all, you know.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Are you planning on cutting those fuel lines so you can extend them? If you don't mind flaring, probably not a big deal, but I just do, haha. Longer wheelbase and all, you know.
    Yes. There is a straight section about a foot long where I will cut and extend. Still can't believe I found a set of lines in such good shape. At least I hope they are under that paint!

Gotta give props on this build thread, esp as a fellow LTD wagon owner.

Thought about going IRS but I wanted to run 03/04 Cobra 17x9's and there's no way that would happen with the IRS due to track width increase and wheel offsets.

Have MM C/O's, LCAs, and FLSFC's currently, with have the T/A installed by the end of 2014.

I really dig the color combo & the woodgrain on your wagon. Of course it looks great with the 05 wheels on there too.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by AT6svo View Post
    Gotta give props on this build thread, esp as a fellow LTD wagon owner.

Thought about going IRS but I wanted to run 03/04 Cobra 17x9's and there's no way that would happen with the IRS due to track width increase and wheel offsets.

Have MM C/O's, LCAs, and FLSFC's currently, with have the T/A installed by the end of 2014.

I really dig the color combo & the woodgrain on your wagon. Of course it looks great with the 05 wheels on there too.
    Thank you for the compliment! The wagons which came before me, such as yours are the inspiration for my build!

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    I also have a couple of gauge cluster options. I bought these years ago off of the local craigslist. It's not visible in the picture, but the one with the 140 mph speedo says certified calibration at the bottom of the speedo. I will probably use the one with the tach because I am going 5 speed.

Guess what I just noticed? The kilometers per hour on the ltd lx cluster matches up perfectly with the miles per hour on the special service cluster! So if you use the special service mechanicals with the ltd lx face you can have the look and still know how fast you're going provided you can remember to look at the right set of numbers! Can this be done? Anybody do it?

This is one bad wagon, nice!

^^Thanks Snake!^^

This is amazing.
    -John-

79 Mercury Capri RS: 5.0L 5 speed swap
    83 Mustang GT: 5.0L 5 Speed
    83 Mustang GT T-Top: 5.0L 5 Speed
    84 Mustang L: 2.3L 4 Speed
    85 LTD Wagon: 358W 5 speed swap
    87 Mustang LX: 5.0L 5 speed swap

Quote Originally Posted by Ford'sCapri View Post
    This is amazing.
    Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, especially from a long time member such as yourself!

This wagon is sexy, cant wait to see it done!
    95 Taurus SHO MTX-Sold. 92 Capri XR2 1.6 Turbo-Sold. 86 Mustang GT 5.0-Sold. 01 Focus ZX3-Sold.16 Focus SE 1.0L Ecoboost 6 Speed Manual-Daily 1978 Ford Fairmont I6 - Family Cruiser

^^Yeah! Me too!^^

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast