Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    I found what you are looking for. You've probably seen it already. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWusb2X2WI
    Thanx, but nah. L swaps into anything that looks like an abortion doesn't tickle my fancy.

Mo better............. lol.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP User

very very cool project!!

Ok. Well the previous owner told me that the engine I purchased has roller rockers under the valve covers. I bought the engine not really believing there was anything good under there, but sure enough when I pulled the valve covers there is a cobra valvetrain on this motor. Now I am hoping for a decent cam!

Once you make up your mind to do a 351w swap into a fox body, you make up your mind to buy a whole lot more parts!

Congrats on the goodies inside. Ummm, your distributor looks like it needs to go away.

Interested in an HEI? Not sure of manufacture. Like this Summit one.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

What my conversion is going to need is a tfi distributor from the late eighties pickup trucks with a steel gear from a later roller cam distributor. I will be at all of the local u-pull-it yards. Thanks anyway.

HEI caps are ugly.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Banned

Or you can use your current dizzy and wire it for remote tfi

Quote Originally Posted by mustangxtreme View Post
    HEI caps are ugly.
    Yep. And I hate Chevy engine swaps so much, I don't even want anything GM-STYLE in my car.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Sorry guys. HEI was a freebie and was gonna pass it on in the same manner. Oh well.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Well I took off the lower intake and there is no spider. I broke 1 intake bolt up front on passenger side. I'm gonna have to extract somehow to avoid the heli-coil thing. Also a timing cover stud is frozen in there. PB BLASTER is my friend right now. Hoping to successfully remove these. Right now the plan is roller cam this 351 through the use of 5.0 h.o. Stuff. The block is rollers compatible, I just gotta get push-rods of the correct length, and throw 1 of m cams in there.
    Last edited by nelzfoxes; 05-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.

At least your broken stud is kinda sticking out. Hopefully, that helps.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    At least your broken stud is kinda sticking out. Hopefully, that helps.
    Yeah thanks. I'll probably work on getting it out today. My plan is to convert it to e303 roller cam without even pulling the heads off. I will check pushrod length with roller lifters, buy pushrods and throw it into there.

Sweet. I kinda wondered what cam I would use if I went with a GT40 5.8.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Finally found your thread. Man all these parts look super familiar.

I dont remember doing the H/B spacer on mine. I did have to buy a new H/B though.
    Michael, yes another one of the 4,200,415.
    1989 LX 357w Hatch
    Lightning Block, Bullet Cam, Pro-Comp 210's (<Powered the mother ship in unison with the b-cam), GT-40 Tube, Pro-M 80mm, Lightning T/B, T5Z, 3.73's.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXBODY5.8 View Post
    Finally found your thread. Man all these parts look super familiar.

I dont remember doing the H/B spacer on mine. I did have to buy a new H/B though.
    Yeah, I'm just following the 351 swap blueprint we all follow. I saw that you pulled your motor. I hope it goes back together soon! I'm a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    Yeah, I'm just following the 351 swap blueprint we all follow. I saw that you pulled your motor. I hope it goes back together soon! I'm a fan!
    Thanks! I'm going to rip it down the end of this week and take it to some friends. I think I bought a new pulley for the lightning so I didn't need the spacer. Keep up the good work!

I'd try a lot of blaster and a little heat on that bolt to try and extract.
    Michael, yes another one of the 4,200,415.
    1989 LX 357w Hatch
    Lightning Block, Bullet Cam, Pro-Comp 210's (<Powered the mother ship in unison with the b-cam), GT-40 Tube, Pro-M 80mm, Lightning T/B, T5Z, 3.73's.

Wow, this is GREAT! Glad to see the IRS fits in without too much trauma. Too bad I can't find 2005 Mustang rims in Los Angeles. I don't know where they all go but craigslist is dry and everyone has the newer 18-20s. I'd rather go with low key for my wagon. It's weird but I'm going to end up doing a lot of things you've already done - I'm even going to adapt the LTD/Marquis front and rear bumper to my wagon! ha ha. Due to California emissions, I won't be able to follow you with the 351W but maybe I might get away with a 331...

Good work on your wagon and hope to see your 351W build soon!
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Thanks Dean! Just got pushrods for my roller cam conversion, and I put the correct size tires on it. I got the tires used for $50 off of craigslist just to sample the size.

I am gonna order the gm 255 LPH fuel pump under part # fpg003 to replace this mess.

My choice of engine harness has changed as well. I found a new 1993 harness on eBay and picked that up to keep functioning emissions. It comes in 2 parts. I already received M-12071-C302 and M-12071-L302 should be arriving today or tomorrow.

M-12071-L302 engine harness arrived.

Those harness's are beautiful. I never appreciated a nice new harness until I bought a car with a hacked up harness. This wagon is amazing, keep up the good work!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I decided to paint the cobra brake calipers. Well it is clearly evident that I suck at painting. No patience and I laid it on too thick. I still have brackets and the rears to do. I am probably going to have to redo at some time in the future, but it will do for now.

Last edited by nelzfoxes; 08-03-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: double pic

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast