Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

OR, you can go this route:

http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/...e_adapter.html

351W block & heads for using a 302W intake.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

sooooooooooooo jealous...
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

And that cost you how much? Tuna and ramen noodles for lunches?
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Off of craigslist. I got it for $380. I already have 2 different upper intakes for gt40 lowers, the box intake and the tubular.

CJ Pony Parts sent me an engine harness! That's the last of my overtime money for a while. The wagon was $500. This engine harness cost more than the wagon! Hahahaha! Lol!

Haha, I thought that would probably be spendy. At least you don't have to worry about your wiring AT ALL now! Mine is 24 years old!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah. I think I am going to leave battery on the right side now and flip the upper intake so that air filter is on driver's side. We'll see. Spring is just around the corner. I need so many parts. Ugh!

Possible upper intakes.

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/383530/cat/500][/url]

If you put the GT40 tubular upper on there, you could put a Lightning plaque on it!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    Possible upper intakes.

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/383530/cat/500][/url]
    Ummm, how about a one off upper. WILL be used "under pressure" with 42#ers. Pictured tb is not going to be used.

5.0 gt40 lower, custom "tunnel ram" upper. Picked up for $150 shipped.
    Last edited by conmech; 02-26-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall

I like it! But it's certainly not gonna fit under the hood! I am considering a kenne bell that mates to a gt40 lower.

I like it! But it's certainly not gonna fit under the hood! I am considering a kenne bell that mates to a gt40 lower.
    I've got a fabricator that you need to get in touch with.

He is doing a set up for me. The EFI tunnel ram being fed by a side mounted M112 (03 Cobra Eaton)............. No care if no hood. BOOST IT!!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall

Houston! We have a problem! I finally bought the trans slip yoke I needed to mate the ford explorer driveshaft with tremec transmission! The driveshaft is too long! It is just a hair too long! Like 1/2 an inch too long! With the irs differential tucked up the way it is, the driveshaft line must've "shortened" when compared to the solid rear axle driveshaft line. I have to cheat the engine & trans forward if possible. Maybe play with pinion angle at the rear. Not sure, but something will have to be done.

Bummer. I had a driveshaft shortened once. Cost like $100.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah, this driveshaft is too close to being right for me to shorten it. I really doubt I will find another ford application with an aluminum driveshaft that is 1/2 inch shorter than this one. I just need to stretch the distance between the rear and the trans somehow. I could probably have 1/8 of an inch machined off of the face of the tail shaft and be ok!

I really like this project. Reminds me of the '80 Mercury Zephyr wagon I had in high school and college - white with wood panel in the middle, but mine only had the 200 c.i. straight 6 and C3 trans. Would have loved your set-up.

By the way...I remember John Hunkins' Excaliber in early issues of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Last edited by Code Blue; 03-09-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spacing

Glad ya like it! I'm having fun! Shame you didn't hang on to that wagon.

Glad ya like it! I'm having fun! Shame you didn't hang on to that wagon.

Had it when we lived in the path of hurricane Hugo. A couple of trees had their way with it and banged it up pretty badly. Almost 10 yrs old with over 200,000 miles on it - couldn't justify repairs. Drove it like that another year before replacing it with a new truck.

Ouch! Sandy got us recently. Lots of downed wires and trees. Luckily we were spared any major damage. Welcome to Four Eyed Pride!

I bought a stock cobra exhaust for that quiet sleeper exhaust. Also I ordered front differential mount solid bushings so I can try to adjust pinion angle in the hopes of pulling the slip yoke away from tailshaft housing a little bit. The cobra r rims that used to be on the white car are 2 different offsets front and rear. If I can restore them and get them painted I will give up a little of that sleeper look to have 17x9 cobra r's front and back!

I bought an engine out of a 1995 ford lightning pickup truck. I even got the fuel rails, thermactor tubing, and throttle body!

Banned

Nice job love the efi. One day ill convert mine. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    I've got a fabricator that you need to get in touch with.

He is doing a set up for me. The EFI tunnel ram being fed by a side mounted M112 (03 Cobra Eaton)............. No care if no hood. BOOST IT!!!!!
    I found what you are looking for. You've probably seen it already. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWusb2X2WI

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast