Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Hybrid View

Default My Daddywagon

Having trouble with pics, so put this together elsewhere.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...n-project.html

The ads kept slowing that site way down so I had trouble scrolling down. Anyway, WTF are those guys talking about with weight?! I can't believe your wagon weighs much more than an SN95 Cobra.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Love it! THats going to be awesome!
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Hey Zeph, I agree. I think it's a little heavier out back, but not that much. And thanks for the thumbs up Edman. My maximum motorsports subframe bushings came in by way of ups today, so now I can swap out the bushings and line up the irs and drill for the rear mount brackets. I am also going to bring both driveshafts to my local ford dealer to buy the trans yoke that will match the aluminum driveshaft's u-joint and the tremec's output shaft. Working evening's is rough, especially with the overtime I've been putting in. But I am grateful to have a job. Especially in this economy.

Sweet project. Here is a link to a buddies 84 wagon:

http://www.socalstangs.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34014

Last edited by conmech; 09-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.

I've seen that wagon on here before. It is awesome! Never saw that build thread. Thanks for posting that! Some good info on there about the door strikers and the detonation problem. I'm sure I will run into some problems myself. I definitely need the subframe connectors.

Progress pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

More pics.

More!

It's sitting on new rear. IRS is 1/2 inch wider than cobra fox solid. We have fender contact on pass. side. Gonna have to roll fenders a bit.

FEP Supporter

Wow, really nice upgrades! I hope the fender issue isn't too harsh to deal with! What was the donor car or did I miss it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Thanks! The rear suspension is out of a 2004 cobra mustang.

I looked through your thread, but couldn't find an answer.... of course I could have just missed it....

Can you elaborate on the front suspension for me? What did the k - member come out of, etc. Thanks!
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

Also tie rod ends were upgraded to accomodate lowering springs and correct geometry. Although I don't know how effective they are.

That is so cool!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Very very awesome!
    Dan

1985 Lincoln Continental. T-5, Bullit wheels, Mustang springs and Hybrid Lincoln/Mustang control arms, 8.8 w 3.27s, Cobra swaybar, adjustable struts and shocks....

My wish list:

1) ford racing harness
    2) roller cam 351 engine core
    3) 351 efi intake
    4) Keith Black kb333 .030 over-bore pistons
    5) crown vic trans yoke
    6) ford racing 351 swap headers
    7) ford 351 swap pan and pickup
    flywheel (28oz)
    9) dampener (28oz)
    10) 351 tfi distributor

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    My wish list:

1) ford racing harness
    2) roller cam 351 engine core
    3) 351 efi intake
    4) Keith Black kb333 .030 over-bore pistons
    5) crown vic trans yoke
    6) ford racing 351 swap headers
    7) ford 351 swap pan and pickup
    flywheel (28oz)
    9) dampener (28oz)
    10) 351 tfi distributor
    The funny thing is I have everything on this list now. Still have many more things to find. The new list is longer and more expensive. Haha!

My short-term goal is to get the harness and the trans yoke, hook up some brake lines and get to where I can move the car. I'll post up pics when the connecting rods come in.

Another obvious thing I forgot is tires. 2005 gt tires are 235/55r17, and are not compatible with the fox build.

Really cool build! Just saw and went through the thread for the 1st time. Looks like you have already done what I plan to do to my wagon- Cobra IRS and exact same 2005 GT wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    Another obvious thing I forgot is tires. 2005 gt tires are 235/55r17, and are not compatible with the fox build.
    So, you went to a 245/45R17 tire correct? Did you still have to roll the passenger wheel lip or did the tire change fix that? Thanks!
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'Montdude View Post
    Really cool build! Just saw and went through the thread for the 1st time. Looks like you have already done what I plan to do to my wagon- Cobra IRS and exact same 2005 GT wheels.

So, you went to a 245/45R17 tire correct? Did you still have to roll the passenger wheel lip or did the tire change fix that? Thanks!
    The rear fenders have to be rolled still. However, you can see in previous pics that even though they aren't rolled yet the tire goes behind that lip. It's like a 1 inch horizontal lip. Roll that and you can go 255 I would think. With the right offset rim you might get away with 17x9 and a 275 tire! (By the way I have cobra r's and will attempt this eventually.). Good luck with your wagon and feel free to share pics here or link me to your thread.

Ok. Well no progress this weekend. It's raining out, and I got lazy. As mentioned in another thread I am going to try a long rod 351 build for the Daddywagon in the future. So, I made my second eBay purchase ever and I've got my fingers crossed that the 351m/400 connecting rods which are being shipped are in good condition. This project is quite a ways from being done, considering all the pieces I have yet to acquire.

After looking at some cool cars on the internet I realized that my goals for the Daddywagon fall in line with pro touring!

What kind of EFI intake are you going to use? I don't even know what's out there. I've often thought it would be cool to swap a 351 into my car, but put a GT40 type intake on it, so it still looks stock. No idea if they even exist though..
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast