Close

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

That's cool. Why did you start with such large spacers last time? Maximum Motorsports makes some really nice ones, FYI.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I think I got caught up in the brand name and I knew I would be getting the brembos... eventually.

I am experiencing difficulties with the tremec tr-3550. Specifically shifting in to second gear. Whether it’s on the upshift or downshift the trans won’t go in to second. I have to try over and over before the lever goes into gear. I am going to save for a t56.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    That's cool. Why did you start with such large spacers last time? Maximum Motorsports makes some really nice ones, FYI.
    Turns out I have to use the old 1 inch spacers. The Brembos combined with these wheels require greater than 3/4 inch spacers.

Let me know when if you're going to sell that 3550. I'm looking for one or a TKO. I might even have found a great deal a top loader...but kinda want OD.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Let me know when if you're going to sell that 3550. I'm looking for one or a TKO. I might even have found a great deal a top loader...but kinda want OD.
    Sure! Truth be told I am a hoarder of sorts. I have trouble selling. I am always thinking someday I am gonna need that... Also there is the obstacle of acquiring a T56 Magnum in my desired ratios to fit a windsor bellhousing, that I cannot afford. But as soon as all the stars in the cosmos align I will let you know. I’m gonna go buy my lottery ticket!

For what you pay for a new T56, they'd better put whatever ratios you want in there!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

For what you pay for a new T56, they'd better put whatever ratios you want in there!
    Agreed!

https://youtu.be/1ws51iPu5_0
    Everything is rattlin’. It needs a lot of work!
    Last edited by nelzfoxes; 11-03-2019 at 05:20 AM.

OK... In my endeavor to use an aero fox dash I am using original aero fox chassis wiring. I am attempting to pull all of the chassis wiring now. The chassis wiring is coming out of a 4 cylinder car. I believe this is gonna be a problem with the alternator wiring. That; I believe can be easily remedied. I happen to have matching year engine harness laying around. The goal is to be as stock looking as possible. It is definitely going to be a challenge. The car actually runs great. It starts right up and it idles fine. I just need the full effect... a good parking brake, a fuel gauge that works, and a nice ride. It handles great but all the rattles make it a little harsh. I also neglected to install spring insulators at all four corners. I am gonna try factory Cobra front springs and see what they do. While I'm at it I will put poly insulators on all four springs. I know it has a great stance to it and the suspension never bottoms out but I think an inch higher with a slightly cushier ride would make it perfect.

Sounds awesome. Let me know what I can do to help. What are you going to do for a parking brake?
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Ever do anything with the 3550?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Sounds awesome. Let me know what I can do to help. What are you going to do for a parking brake?
    I am going to use stock fox mustang park brake lever mated to the Cobra IRS brake calipers. That is the current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Ever do anything with the 3550?
    The tremec 3550 is still in there. It’s gonna take a considerable amount of work hours before I can afford a T56... but that is the only replacement I am really interested in.

What is it with videos on this forum? I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    I am going to use stock fox mustang park brake lever mated to the Cobra IRS brake calipers. That is the current plan.
    Cool.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Videos of donuts are cool on any site! If I switch to a turbo 2.3, which is my current plan, I am probably ultimately going with a T-56 to get a more gear and more OD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LwNx60ux5o

Re quote this, and it'll show you the way to apply the link to your Youtube. It has to be Youtube, not youtu.be.

Detroit police did not like these donuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEIncsax98

I am wrenching on it again. Polyurethane control arm bushings and possibly modifications to accept a fox body mustang fuel tank assembly.

Awesome
    glad to see you are back at it
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Super Member

Is that whine your power steering ?
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Awesome
    glad to see you are back at it
    Thanks! It may never end.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    Is that whine your power steering ?
    Yes it is. It has a leak.

Cobra R wheels and 275 width tires out back and 255 width tires up front.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast