Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Just find a local tire store with $25 Used tires. Get a $50-$100 per month tire budget. Get a camera man (woman) and go to town!!!
    Y’all are always helping me to plan ahead! Nice!

That's what we are here for. To spend your money!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

That's what we are here for. To spend your money!
    Like I’ve got a lot to spend! Haha! This thing is nickel and dime’ing me to death! And I don’t see any end in sight! I have a 93 hatch waiting in the wings if I ever get the Daddywagon squared away!

I'd sell the other car.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I'd sell the other car.
    I might. But I overpaid and I refuse to take a loss! Haha!

For Christmas I hot a new racing sticker for the Daddywagon.

I am almost done with the 351w swap but the hood is gonna need some modification.

Awesome! K-member spacers?
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Awesome! K-member spacers?
    Yes, I have them and planned originally to use them, but I have since decided to hold off. The hood is dented anyway so I am gonna “massage it”.

Did you try convertible motor mounts?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Did you try convertible motor mounts?
    I had planned on picking up some convertible mounts as well. If you research 351w swap under stock hood you will come across a thread where the op accomplished this with motor mounts, and k-frame spacers. So I had plans to do this, and even bought the spacers, but jow I am lazy. All I want to do is drive this thing. Maybe after the novelty wears off I will return to the original sleeper plan.

Is that sticker Villanova? I've got a cowl hood on 85, but I think I will get vert mounts. I have poly mounts and maybe it's just me, but it seems you can feel a mouse run across the valve covers. So I am going to try some stock rubber ones to get rid of that. Probably go to a rubber mount on the tranny too.

I love the tubular intake! Those are soooo cool! I would love to have mine swapped by May, but I don't seem to be motivated enough to make it happen!

Is that sticker Villanova? I've got a cowl hood on 85, but I think I will get vert mounts. I have poly mounts and maybe it's just me, but it seems you can feel a mouse run across the valve covers. So I am going to try some stock rubber ones to get rid of that. Probably go to a rubber mount on the tranny too.

I love the tubular intake! Those are soooo cool! I would love to have mine swapped by May, but I don't seem to be motivated enough to make it happen!

Yeah. I needed some additional motivation. I bought a 1993 lx which got me going again and then some doubters bet me I couldn’t get it running by a certain date. Ultimately I lost that wager but I put forth such an effort that it wasn’t long after that I was driving it.

BTW... Yes... Villanova! Go cats! My daughter goes there. She is a heckuva lot smarter than me.

I was actually able to start the car with the 351 engine swapped in. Yay me! Haha!

Awesome....where's the video?

Awesome....where's the video?
    If this thing runs and drives like I hope I will definitely work on getting video.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    If this thing runs and drives like I hope I will definitely work on getting video.
    I'm working on getting some video.

So he says for the last month.

Don't worry. I believe you.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

She sounds mean!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

She sounds mean!
    Haha! Thanks! I don’t know how you could tell with all the rattles. Audio not going well. I’ll work on it.

NICE!!! Sounds good!

NICE!!! Sounds good!
    Thanks! I might get rid of the noise, but I am having fun with it right now. We’ll see. I have the option because I have stock cobra mufflers stashed in my basement. Haha!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast