Close

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    NICE!!! Sounds good!
    Thanks! I might get rid of the noise, but I am having fun with it right now. We’ll see. I have the option because I have stock cobra mufflers stashed in my basement. Haha!

I guess the guys at WeldingWeb will have to come to this thread to see any video of the Daddywagon. I seem to have lost access to my thread on there Haha!

I have been driving this swap for around 2 weeks now. I am already beating the crap out of it. I have no idea what the vitals are. Fuel pressure, oil pressure, coolant temp, etc are all a mystery! Haha! The only thing working is the tach and the engine light and the engine light isn’t tied to oil pressure at all! I have been trying to put together a follow up video but I am running into technical difficulties with my camera equipment. I have a question for the fuel injected crowd... What fuel pressure regulator? and what fuel pressure? I just have the stock Ford piece on there now, but cold start and cold idle could use some help. Once it’s warm and running I can idle all day long.

That sounds like that last episode of Roadkill with the Disgustang. They have no gauges....and Finnegan made the comment that too many road trips are ruined by looking at the gauges. Just drive it till it runs out of gas, overheats, or locks up! haha. Before it does any of those, have an awesome time!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

That sounds like that last episode of Roadkill with the Disgustang. They have no gauges....and Finnegan made the comment that too many road trips are ruined by looking at the gauges. Just drive it till it runs out of gas, overheats, or locks up! haha. Before it does any of those, have an awesome time!
    Shoot! That’s exactly what I’m doing!

Just a thought, but upping my LPH on my fuel pump made a huge difference in my car's cold start.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Love the Daddywagon! Glad to see you getting to drive and enjoy it.

What do you think of the IRS now, after putting some miles on it?
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'Montdude View Post
    Love the Daddywagon! Glad to see you getting to drive and enjoy it.

What do you think of the IRS now, after putting some miles on it?
    I love it. I am intentionally breaking the rear loose when I leave lights and business driveways all the time. Last night in the rain I did as well. I mention this because it doesn’t take much to get it back. It feels controlled if that makes any sense. But this could be a combination of things. Longer wheelbase, tires, etc. There is a right hand sweeper for the on ramp to I 95 and I push the speeds higher each time on my am commute, weather and conditions permitting. Peeling out in a straight line yields wheel hop on some occasions. On a side note my whole car is lowered a lot! I was told the rear springs were off of a stock 04 cobra coupe. I checked the part number stickers that were wrapped on them and confirmed. Up front are b or c springs I can’t remember which. The handling is great in my opinion. It is firm, but it is not rock hard. There is still a good amount of compression travel available. If I get a chance I am gonna road course track it. I will video of course when I do. My whole car is lowered around 2 inches evenly all the way around and I didn’t really mean to do it!

I was just watching a youtube video on a turbo coupe with a cobra irs and he makes mention of 3/4” spacers which would explain my car being so low. I guess there is a difference in the depth of the upper spring perch depending on the vehicle model.

Low is good as long as you aren't dragging important stuff off the bottom of your car!! We need some power slide videos of it now!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

in car? or from outside of the car?

We need some power slide videos of it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    in car? or from outside of the car?
    Or both? Haha! I will work on some better videos. I need some action camera mount stuff.

Both...coming and going too!

On my commute home today I tried to keep up with a Hellcat Challenger. Wish I had my camera hooked up, even though traffic was moderately heavy and there was no real room to play I got to open it up a little bit.

That would be a fun video

Well, the Daddywagon is smoking again under acceleration. Blue smoke again. Maybe I will retorque the heads and do valve seals this weekend. Maybe.

That's a bummer, man. I feel your pain though. Seems like i can only drive mine a few times before I've found something still broken or newly broken.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Mechanic in a can! Bars Leak! LOL

https://youtu.be/BViKKO3qb8o
    A little clip of a sunday afternoon drive.

A little more fair start would have made for a pretty close matchup
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Haha! Yeah! We’re both spinning off the line. He’s got me though. I still have the long rod 351w build waiting in the wings. Which may or may not get me a little more power... we’ll see.

The Daddywagon went to Cars and Coffee in Bethlehem, Pa! It was fun and I should’ve stayed for the driving around experience afterwards! But success on first “show” appearance. Haha!

That's a good feeling!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    That's a good feeling!
    Sure is!

Cars and Coffee was supposed to be American Muscle themed today. Mother nature decided to send everyone home.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast