Close

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: My Daddywagon

delete
    Last edited by nelzfoxes; 07-15-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: double

Hey, extra points for the bike on top!

Haha! Thanks! My old fixie! My intention was to cover ground quicker but never got the chance. I got the Rhino Discovery racks on cl. I watched an etrailer review video and it looked like they would work... and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Hey, extra points for the bike on top!

Alright!

Glad to see it out and about! It sure looks great doing it!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Glad to see it out and about! It sure looks great doing it!
    Thanks! Although your car is so far ahead of mine in terms of show quality. I aspire to your level of “show quality”. The one thing I am doing is driving it. The car is a daily driver. That Cars and Coffee is at least 50 miles from me. I work 21 miles from home. I recommend everybody drive and enjoy their cars.

Your wagon looks great. Performance plus you have a nice utility vehicle that has endless uses.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr boxtop 5.0 EFI T5Z 8.8
    1999 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 5 speed
    2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    Thanks! Although your car is so far ahead of mine in terms of show quality. I aspire to your level of “show quality”. The one thing I am doing is driving it. The car is a daily driver. That Cars and Coffee is at least 50 miles from me. I work 21 miles from home. I recommend everybody drive and enjoy their cars.
    Thanks but mine's got her share of blemishes. Pictures tend to cover those up.
    Yours has 3 things I'm super jealous of:
    1) GT40 351
    2) IRS
    3) slant nose

Plus, 1 very important item mine doesn't: It's functional!! From where I'm sitting, yours is a dream car! The only thing that would make it more perfect is if it had a green interior! It's almost exactly the LTD wagon I would want. You and ukravit are in a tight race for my favorite car on FEP. In fact, if you ever want to sell...
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Zeph. It wasn’t that long ago that I felt the exact same way about your car. You were attending shows as I recall and my car was waiting to be worked on. I want a flared out boxtop next. Either a boxtop or ltd sedan drift build would be my ideal next build. I just drove my brother’s mustang gt. He ordered a Ford performance pack and it arrived in the mail and he installed the tune throttle body and filter. My car is so slow compared to that car. I’ve got a long way to go.

The Fast & Loud drift Fairmont is for sale...

Mine is somewhat functional now. Attended a show this weekend. I'm not sure I'll ever be done fighting with my brakes though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Daddywagon needs front wheel hubs on both sides.

Lol, that's great man!

Lol, that's great man!
    Haha! Thanks! I have a desk job these days so...

Awesome

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

That looked fun! Your kids enjoy the ride?

That looked fun! Your kids enjoy the ride?
    They’re getting used to it! Haha! It hardly phases them anymore!

I bought a parts car so I can swap a mustang dash and console into the Daddywagon. It is really hard to find a tan interior so I offered $500 and the deal was done. I am looking forward to gauges that work, and a park brake that works.

Sweet! Yeah, I can't recall the last time I've even seen a picture of that style I interior in tan. Too bad it wasn't more popular!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

My first attempt at showing the Daddywagon at Ford Nationals in Carlisle, Pa.
    Last edited by nelzfoxes; 06-02-2019 at 09:14 AM.

The Daddywagon is getting new front brakes. I did a rough test fit and I need new spacers again. Originally I ran with 1 inch front Eibach spacers. Then the studs were breaking on those. So I installed longer wheel studs and went down to a 1/2 inch spacer. Well the 4 piston Brembo calipers are gonna require thicker spacers to fit. I do not want to go back to the 1 inch because they have separate studs which failed. I only have a 3/4 inch option. If that’s not enough then maybe new wheels or something.

Finding the Cobra brakes inadequate?

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Finding the Cobra brakes inadequate?

Actually... no. They have been great! I drive the car pretty hard and the brakes do their thing all the time. I do have this idea of doing a road course track day with my brother in my head. He has a 2017 GT350. You know how it is with the project car... it’s never enough... it’s never done. There’s always something more to do to the car. I hope I do get to the finish line with this car, literally and figuratively.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast