Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I see now. There is a slight bevel on the very ends, but no bevel on the front of the quarter and the rear of the door. I have saved your pics so i can enlarge them for a better view. Thanks again. My factory moldings are just too far gone to fix and I do not have the money to source good ones.
    You're welcome & good luck!!

FEP Senior Member

My moulding came in today. I have 25' and according to the measurements provided earlier in this post Ineed 15'. That should give me some room for error since I am always in need of that. The plan is to cut it, tape it to the car to ensure it is right, paint it and then attach it for the last time. A friend of mine is going to touch up some spots in my paint before I do this and then I should be good to go.
    1986 Notchback, Recently repainted Light Regatta Blue(3J) and getting put back the way it should be. It had a 3.8 and a C5. Now it has a 5.0 and a T5.

Looking forward to the 'finished product'.

FEP Senior Member

Are they ever really finished? I have had this particular car since Februay 1, 2012 and it has had 3 rearends, 2 transmissions, 2 engines and 5 sets of wheels. These are including the originals.
    1986 Notchback, Recently repainted Light Regatta Blue(3J) and getting put back the way it should be. It had a 3.8 and a C5. Now it has a 5.0 and a T5.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    Here are two sources for the aftermarket stuff I bookmarked a while back. Its not an exact replacement but about as close as you can get and cheap at less than $30 for enough to do the whole car. Paint charcoal to match 85-86. Nobody but an SVO enthusiast would be any wiser.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_cow_...pean_style.cfm

http://secure.terrys.net/viewProduct...ctID=PT.33-322

These links appear to be dead now. Anyone have newer links to moldiings?

FEP Power Member

I know there is some universal stuff out there as I saw some at SEMA this year. What you are looking for is “T” shaped. I did search and did not find anything. Best bet is to visit an auto body supply shop and pick it from a catalog. I saw some interesting options in similar stuff. I saw charcoal color. You will want to know the width and a height to get someth8ng close for the body side molding.

I also saw some examples that would pass for rocker moldings.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

FEP Power Member

I know there is some universal stuff out there as I saw some at SEMA this year. What you are looking for is “T” shaped. I did search and did not find anything. Best bet is to visit an auto body supply shop and pick it from a catalog. I saw some interesting options in similar stuff. I saw charcoal color. You will want to know the width and a height to get someth8ng close for the body side molding.

I also saw some examples that would pass for rocker moldings.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12