Close

Default Northwest Foureye Barbecue's Tenth & Final

Thirty-two foureyed Mustangs, Capris, and SVOs made it to Neil's big field in Arlington, WA, for the tenth and final annual Northwest Foureye Barbecue, accompanied by 90+ owners, bystanders, and well-wishers. Despite a few more clouds than usual (and even a little drizzle early on), the cars started rolling in, folks limbered up their tongues and it was all fun from there on out. Foureyes were ogled, cameras got a workout, old friends reunited, a lot of burgers & beans got swallowed, and finally even Mother Nature relented and let the sun out to join the festivities. This being the last year, all Fox-platform vehicles and any Mustangs were allowed into the main lineup. Classic fastbacks, a late-model 5.0 'Stang, and Fairmont/Zephyrs (woody wagon!) mingled. Respects were paid to three former attendees who have passed away during the last decade. Whamadi trailered his Mustang in from Brandon, Manitoba (good grief) while Mike drove clear up from San Diego (again!). As mileage from their respective homes was within a whisker at just over 1300, they were dubbed co-winners of the "Long Distance" award. All present applied themselves mightily to do honor to the better-than-ever spread laid out by Char and Nelson. After much ado, the whole affair wound up with one of Neil's acclaimed cruises thru the scenic countryside surrounding Arlington.

Here's the official pics, in particularly random order:

Any kind of beans you want, so long as they're baked:

Neil's bean hauler:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

Lee

Winner of the "Largest Tow Vehicle" competition:

Neil, living the dream. Or dreaming this is his life:

Last edited by f4fntm; 08-28-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    Lee

A mix of emotions here. Sad this is the last one but sure happy I could participate.

Lee - thank you very much for taking the time to capture all the pictures & document the event.

Scott & Lois - I appreciate the hospitality in putting us up for a night and spending time to catch up.

Neil / Nelson/ Nolan & Char - thank you so much for taking the time and effort for putting this together for the last 10 years. I was not disappointed when I made the drive up two years ago, nor was I this year. As a foxbody enthusiast, it is a real treat to be able to see so many of the unique cars from the 79-86 era all in one place. I've never seen so many Capri's in one place. Pace cars, Cobra's, Capris, SVO's, 'Monts, t-tops, notches, hatches, wagons, all from pure stockers to fully modified rides, the attendees truely run the gamut! It is truely special gathering I will miss, both the cars and the people. It is one heckuva long commute though! I also thought the in memoriam spots were a particularly nice touch.

Hope to see many of you at the Mustang 50th Extravaganza in Las Vegas April 2014. I've already bought tickets & booked my room!
    Last edited by AT6svo; 08-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Great photos and Awesome Cars
    1979 Ghia Coupe
    5.0/C4
    Polar White
    1981 Cobra
    Gen 2 Coyote/6R80
    Bright Bittersweet
    2022 Mustang GT
    10r80 Whipple
    Eruption Green

Kudos to Neil and company for such a successful run. Very much an inspiration for all of us to gather and join more as four eyed fanatics and friends. Real nice showing and great pics, thanks for sharing!

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

hey neil and the gang, as a member of the first get together all those years ago it has been an honor to call all of you my friends. as time goes by, i think about those good ole days of me burning up those country roads in my '84 RS what good times, one of my friends own it now and i saw it last year and i wanted to cry! but now we move on and now im knee deep with my '69 falcon build and i think once done i should make that long distance test drive up there like how i did with my ex '81 white black magic afew years ago. i wished that i could have been there for the last one but i made that trip to sydney during my school break to see my sister and of course get me some more aussie falcon parts! but we shall meet up again soon, so be safe friends.......
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'm bowing down to all of you guys out there in the Pacific Northwest. The cars look great and the variety is even better. Ken let me know that there were FIVE '79 Cobras in attendance and that is simply amazing to me because up here in the Northeast mine seems to be the only one. I've yet to see another one with my own two eyes but I have heard that there's one up in northern Massachusetts near the New Hampshire border. I hope to see it someday. Congrats on having the foureye party of all parties!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

The day after the BBQ, my wife and I hopped in the Capri for a 100 mile country drive to enjoy some subway sanwiches and then attended a Forenigner concert. The next day, we cleaned up and put away anything related to the party, and washed a lot of dishes and crockpots. The past week has been spent ripping the engines out of 2 Fairmonts and swapping so Nolan can have a 302 in his blue 4 door. I now move on to getting the back yard ready for winter and building the chicken coop.
    Looking over all of the contacts that I kept a record of, there has been over 250 individual people attend the BBQ in the 10 years, and F4FNTM and Mustang Marty were there for 9 of the 10. Marty did not get to bring either his coupe or Capri this year as both of them failed on the 20 mile drive to the field. Several cars were assembled just in time for the last event, and midnight oil was burned to get them there. 7t9cobra finally got to drive his car with us this year...a sight to behold. There were some videos taken of the drive and I hope to get them posted to Youtube soon. Nelson got to meet the orginal owner of his SVO ( Joe ), and I got him to find Nelson and start asking about the history of the car posing as someone that was just interested in any SVO. After they chatted for a few minutes, Joe had a slip up and let the cat out of the bag. Nelson looked at me with a "what the heck" look, and Joe's wife gave him a raised eyebrow when she found out what the car really cost back in the day..secrets spilled, Oh Well ??? As the pictures show, we had 2 spots reserved for our friends that have left us, and the frist slot in the line was reserved for an 89 silver mustang that belonged to Dave Williams ( Snake ) that also passed this year. Harland's Orange Capri ended up in the yard and crushed, but not before I got the rear hatch and glass. The glass went into Ben Butters white Capri, and the hatch will live on when Nelson uses it on his RS. Ben's Capri is now owned by a young man and he will be taking good care of it. Next year I want to put some miles on the Capri and attend other events in other states, mabe even drop down to southeren AZ. to knock on the door of a couple that puts a LOT of effort into FEP. In other threads I have talked about why I decided to end the party, and the work involved to make it happen, but I also want all of you to know that I had some great help along the way also. F4FNTM did what he could to build and keep a website going, fighting gremlins along the way, designing the flyers and posting the pictures and stories. Mustang Marty sneeking into the copy room at work to print the flyers and driving them to me, helping solve the webpage gremlins, and his wife doing her best to get me to move away from my 3 by 5 cards with my contacts info on them...sorry Becky, can't change an old dog like me. Other friends, family and FEP members that helped the day of the BBQ's, and my wife and boys that prepped all the food and let me clutter the dinning room table for 4 solid months. Many thanks to ALL of the 4-eye owners that made the drive to the field over the years to meet, mingle, chat, and make new friends. I am quite happy that I was able to provide a place for this to happen, but now it's up to all of you to continue to keep an eye peeled for new 4-eye rides, and try to meet them if you can, let them show you their car and what they have done to it, or are planning to do to it. For the rest of you across the country, just get a few cars together for a drive and a burger and you might just start another party that lasts 10 years or more. Take care of your rides and enjoy them every chance you get, work on them with care and keep these little fun buckets on the road.

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

Well Said Neil. thanx for all what you and the family have done over the years.
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    Well Said Neil. thanx for all what you and the family have done over the years.
    I agree Neil. I regret that I was only able to attend one of your great meets, due to work schedules and race dates, but I had a wonderful time at the BBQ I was able to get to.Thanks for all you did, I`m sure it was a huge amount of work.
    1978 Fairmont 2 door sedan, 428CJ 4speed. 9.972ET@132.54mph. 1.29 60 foot
    Replaced the FE big block with my 331/4 speed in my Fairmont, best 10.24ET @128 MPH.
    1985 Mustang LX hatchback NHRA Stock Eliminator 302 4 speed best in legal trim 12.31@107 mph, but has gone 11.42@115 with aftermarket intake, carb, and iron Windsor Jr. heads.New for 2012! 331 cube SB Ford, AFR 185 heads, solid flat tappet cam, pump gas; 10.296ET@128.71 mph, 1.37 60 foot.
    1979 Zephyr Z7, all original 302 auto, 2nd owner.

Thank you and your family for everything. It was always a great time. If it werent for this event, I and im sure quite a few others wouldnt have the motivation to keep plugging away at their cars. Im really glad i was able to make it this year. I sure am going to miss the anticipation of making the trip north and i hope we can all still keep in touch.
    79 cobra- rockin the efi 2.3T again.

2007 lifted F-350 Lariat Outlaw 4x4
    83 Porsche 944
    01 GSXR 1000

Sold: 96 f-350, 69 baja bug, 86 XJS v12, jeep j-3000, wagoneer, 95 f-250, 89 LX 5.0 and a few others