Close

Default Possible addition to the stable. 83 Capri RS

I have a line on a 83 Capri RS that is supposed to be a really nice complete car that has been sitting for quite some time. I am curious about them I haven't paid alot of attention to that particular spin off of the fox chassis.

1. I was told by a friend it would have a 4 speed manual transmission. (true? easily interchangable meaning the cross member is the same?)

2. I was also told the K member is different?

3. That it would not be an HO motor?

Any other info would be great I have a 84 GT that I have been working on so I do understand the differences between it and aero cars.

I haven't gotten to see the capri yet will be a few more weeks before we will be able to get together and I was trying to be as informed as possible so that I understand what to look for and what I am looking at.

Thanks
    84 Mustang GT
    95 F150
    98 Ranger
    12 Escape
    94 Mustang Cobra

1. Transmissions can be either a 4-speed (SROD) or a 5-speed (T-5). The T-5 became available and was standard behind the 5.0L starting in December 1982 (1983 model year). The SROD was standard until the T-5 became available, and then the SROD was optional the rest of the year.

2. K-member didn't change until 1984(?)

3. All 5.0L in 1982-86 Capri and 1982-1995 Mustang are H.O.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

There are no real differences in the interior correct?
    84 Mustang GT
    95 F150
    98 Ranger
    12 Escape
    94 Mustang Cobra

Between Capri and Mustang? NO Except for very minor items such as GT or RS badge, or logo in center of steering wheel.

Between the years? YES Different colors/names, seat options, seat material, door panels, dash bezels, instrument lighting...
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I could be wrong but I don't think 83's have the split rear seat. Just a one piece backrest. And although it's technically an HO motor it's not a roller cam. That didn't happen till 85. My late 83 production 84 RS has a T5.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Correct...split rear upper seatback came out in 1984 model year.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Being an RS would it have the sport seats like my gt or more of an LX style seat? I am guessing the rear seat still lays down just one piece? I knew it would not be a roller.
    84 Mustang GT
    95 F150
    98 Ranger
    12 Escape
    94 Mustang Cobra

Recaro seating was standard in 1979 Pace Car and 1980-81 Cobra.
    Recaro seating was optional in every other Mustang and Capri in 1980-82.

Sport seating was standard in 1984 G.T.350, 1984-86 SVO, and 1985-86 Mustang GT and Capri RS.
    Sport seating were optional in every other Mustang and Capri in 1983-84, and Mustang LX convertible in 1985-86.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-26-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Ok a general price range of what this car would be worth what I know about it so far is

83 Capri RS with 5.0 engine manual transmission. It is supposed to be a nice car and ran when they parked it (we all know how that goes) but this guy really has a bunch of cars. Great guy from another forum. (not mustang related). It is red with red interior. I have very little at this point just a curious. I will know more in a couple of weeks when he catches up with everything he has going on.
    84 Mustang GT
    95 F150
    98 Ranger
    12 Escape
    94 Mustang Cobra