Close

Default I would love to own this!!!!! 1971 Pantera!!!

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4011817605.html
    1971 pantera - $34000

1971. Pantera. Miles 54,000. Price. 34,000. Call. Tim. 1-810-560-2500
    1982 Mustang GT

DIBS... sorry you're too late. It's mine now

lol I'm poor
    1998 SVT Contour #0003/Bondurant Instructor Car
    ^Currently Totaled^
    1993 SVT Cobra #2048
    1980 Capri RS

1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe
    1970 Boss 302 Trans-Am Package

I love gated shifters. I wonder what one would look like in a fox? This Pantera very cool, but how are they to drive? What's the noise like with the motor right behind your head? I think I would spend $34K on something else, but that's just me.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Chris Wood

$34,000? It needs to be better than that for that kinda money? I too would love a Pantera too.

FEP Supporter

I saw this one at a small local all Ford show recently. It was nicely done. I didn't know much about them and commented on the transmission for it. He said he sent the transmission to somewhere in Colorado to be worked on and rebuilt. Apparently there's some guru there. Nice looking car, he said he bought it in an auction 5 years ago. I was really digging the louvers on the hatch! Another lighter yellow one showed up and parked beside him later. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the pair!

Name:  DSC03152 (Custom).JPG
Views: 14
Size:  94.9 KBName:  DSC03153 (Custom).JPG
Views: 10
Size:  79.6 KBName:  DSC03154 (Custom).JPG
Views: 19
Size:  120.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

I have actually never had the chance to see a pantera before, but my cousin used to work at a customizing garage back in the 80's in Toledo, Ohio and he said that he had worked on a couple of them. He says that they are bad fast and even faster after installing NOS kits on them. He always tells a story, especially after drinking, about riding with the owner of one of them doing 140 down I-75 weaving around cars like they were cones. I would love to just take a ride in one some day.

As for the $34,000, I don't know if that is fair price or not, but I would definitely pay mid to upper 20's for one if it were really nice. If I am going to spend at least mid 30's I would like to have a newer GT500, but that is just me.

Adam
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

My Father worked on them occasionally during his time at a Ford dealer in Central NY in the late '70s/early '80s. I heard he took a "test" drive one time, and it was allegedly well above the national speed limit.

The $34K asking price is actually pretty reasonable, if it is in as good of shape as the pictures in the ad show.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

There used to be a guy in the nieghbor hood that had one where I grew up in the early 80's...he sold it and bought a Lambo. Never rode in one but always thought they were cool. I take it the first one the op put up has the radiator in the back of the car seeing the electric fan and plumbing but the second car shows no evidence of it...maybe it was moved to a better location.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I went for a ride in a 72 pre L in the spring time. Our Secretary at work and her husband have a bright red one. Has the spoiler. I wasnt impressed with the power, but its a 351c so its not too hard to fix that.
    79 cobra- rockin the efi 2.3T again.

2007 lifted F-350 Lariat Outlaw 4x4
    83 Porsche 944
    01 GSXR 1000

Sold: 96 f-350, 69 baja bug, 86 XJS v12, jeep j-3000, wagoneer, 95 f-250, 89 LX 5.0 and a few others

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    I take it the first one the op put up has the radiator in the back of the car seeing the electric fan and plumbing but the second car shows no evidence of it...maybe it was moved to a better location.
    The one I posted had an aluminum rad and electric fan in the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

A Pantera is on my list of cars to own. I will probably never own one but it's on my list anyway!
    2005 Mustang GT- 13.62 @102 All Stock- RIP 8-29-05 9:17 AM
    2003 Redfire Terminator
    1985 Mustang GT T-Top- Almost Done

Hey 84lx351W......"my cousin used to work at a customizing garage back in the 80's in Toledo, Ohio".......gee, could that have happened to be Moses Automotive?? They're the only shop in Toledo I can think of that would work on them!!! LOL The owner, Mark Moses, had a killer bright red one that I ALMOST got to drive home from Carlisle, PA (All Ford show) back to Toledo for him......sucks for me but the plan fell through!!!!!

Mid 30's prices are common for Pantera's and while I've never driven one myself, I've heard mixed reviews on performance/handling VS their costs.....but personally I'd kill for one!!!!! I love a well built Cleveland and a sleek body, what more could you want??
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

Definitely a 'short-list' car.