Close



Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default New pics of the 2015 Mustang

    Just seen this a little while ago. Still looks like a Fusion to me.

    http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

  2. #2

    Default

    I see more taurus in the front end than fusion, personally.
    85 Mustang GT
    Engine build in progress
    Build Thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=137091

  3. #3

    Default

    I still gotta see the whole car before i say yea or nay on the styling regardless of the Taurus/Fusion nose job.

  4. #4
    FEP Power Member Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Salmon Arm, BC, CANADA EH
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Needs more capri RS and less taurus/fusion

  5. #5
    FEP Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    288

    Default

    It's supposed to look like a fusion/taurus/focus/fiesta/escape... the list goes on. Ford is marketing the Mustang to the world and want to move the styling cues to those that are currently seen on the other models that are available throughout the world... much like dodge did with their grill/headlight treatment on their lineup.
    '86 SVO *Jenni* 2R Sunroof, Leather (Restoration in Progress)
    '06 GT G2 Vert auto 13.0 @ 105

  6. #6
    FEP Supporter vascj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wellington, VA
    Posts
    3,538
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    That's all fake crap. We won't know what it really looks like until they reveal it. They are going out of their way pasting fake panels on the car for testing.
    86 LX factory optioned 5.0 5 SPD notchback coupe
    89 LX 5.0 5SPD notchback coupe

  7. #7
    FEP Super Member PaceFever79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    IMO, It's most likely going to have a more "world car" styling with subtle cues of classic mustang. That amounts to a front end that looks like a Fusion/Taurus, a back end that looks like a Honda (similar to the goofy rear they have now) and broad fender lines to give it muscular shoulders. It will be a design to please the larger global market, which most likely will not please the traditional Mustang enthusiast. This is a huge gamble because if it is not a hit on the global market, and not a hit with the American market, it could spell the end for the traditional Mustang if sales tank.
    Last edited by PaceFever79; 08-21-2013 at 11:36 AM.

  8. #8
    formerly drewpeltier
    BigSkyGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shelby, Montana USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    I kinda like it......

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    It's supposed to look like a fusion/taurus/focus/fiesta/escape... the list goes on. Ford is marketing the Mustang to the world and want to move the styling cues to those that are currently seen on the other models that are available throughout the world... much like dodge did with their grill/headlight treatment on their lineup.
    A perfect example of why this is so wrong. That fugly Dodge truck grille they inflicted on so
    many of their cars is a primary reason I couldn't stomach buying a Magnum, as much as I
    LOVE high performance wagons.

    This latest glimpse is a little better than most I've seen, but still way too much of a corporate
    grille style that's already grown a bit long in the tooth from being overused. Mustang does
    not need a corporate grille to be known as a Mustang anywhere in the world. Associating it
    with an underwhelming portfolio of underacheiving front-drive rental cars is a wrong move.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

    '79 Mont StaWag, 5.0, 58K original miles ... '81 Futura Coupe, 3.3, 62K original miles ...
    '85 GT 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT CFI/AOD Vert ...
    '65 notch, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ... '68 Vert 307 4-speed...
    (And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune)

  10. #10

    Default

    I've got no problem with that at all. Having a "corporate" look works well for several high-end European brands. I've always wondered why Ford hasn't really done that since the '70s.

    And the Fusion and Focus are hardly "underachieving".
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L EFI T-5
    '04 Aviator 4.6L DOHC
    '14 Focus SE Sport Manual

  11. #11

    Default

    And another one hits the nail squarely on the head, without knowing it.

    Contrary to the Brand Management belief system, said European brands are not successful
    -because- they have a corporate look across all their models, they have been successful
    because they build cars with exemplary driving dynamics across all their models. They
    became desirable brands first, the grilles became status symbols later.

    Given the experience of the "Bangle Era" BMWs, one might even say the success is at times
    in spite of having a corporate look across all their models. I'll also point out here that the
    current Audi grille is nothing if not polarizing. I personally hate it, and would never consider
    buying an Audi because of that one element alone. Will Audi miss that one sale? Not hardly.
    But it reinforces the point that when all your models have to wear a corporate look, it leads
    to putting stylists into a box that in turn can lead to unattractive, or bland-looking product,
    witness the sadly departed '04-'06 GTO, or worse, the unfortunate pastiche of corporate
    styling cues that is the current-gen Camaro.

    Would Mustang have been the success it was back in '64-'65, if it had been made to look like
    all the other Fords of the day? Not a chance.

    We'll have to agree to disagree WRT Fusion and Focus. Neither will ever sit in my garage.
    Last edited by JACook; 08-22-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

    '79 Mont StaWag, 5.0, 58K original miles ... '81 Futura Coupe, 3.3, 62K original miles ...
    '85 GT 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT CFI/AOD Vert ...
    '65 notch, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ... '68 Vert 307 4-speed...
    (And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune)

  12. #12
    FEP Member 84lx351w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fairview, Kansas
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Does it come with all the gismo's, cameras, and mismatched wheels?...If so, I'm in!

    Sorry, couldn't resist and had to lighten the mood. On a serious note, the front end is 'ok', but it will not be my favorite of all time. I agree with Sasquatch, it needs a little more Capri in it, not so much futurist design concepts. But, as vascj stated, they could just be throwing a bunch of panels on it for now to throw everyone off. We can only wait and see what will come out from behind the magic door when it gets revealed.

    Adam
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

    Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

  13. #13

    Default

    Somehow they have always managed to make the right car for the time. I imagine the new one will continue that pattern.
    Dan

    1985 Lincoln Continental. T-5, Bullit wheels, Mustang springs and control arms, 8.8 w 3.27s, and whatever turns up next.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    And another one hits the nail squarely on the head, without knowing it.

    Contrary to the Brand Management belief system, said European brands are not successful
    -because- they have a corporate look across all their models, they have been successful
    because they build cars with exemplary driving dynamics across all their models. They
    became desirable brands first, the grilles became status symbols later.

    Given the experience of the "Bangle Era" BMWs, one might even say the success is at times
    in spite of having a corporate look across all their models. I'll also point out here that the
    current Audi grille is nothing if not polarizing. I personally hate it, and would never consider
    buying an Audi because of that one element alone. Will Audi miss that one sale? Not hardly.
    But it reinforces the point that when all your models have to wear a corporate look, it leads
    to putting stylists into a box that in turn can lead to unattractive, or bland-looking product,
    witness the sadly departed '04-'06 GTO, or worse, the unfortunate pastiche of corporate
    styling cues that is the current-gen Camaro.

    Would Mustang have been the success it was back in '64-'65, if it had been made to look like
    all the other Fords of the day? Not a chance.

    We'll have to agree to disagree WRT Fusion and Focus. Neither will ever sit in my garage.
    It wasn't unheard of before the Europeans did it though. Look at a '67 Falcon, Fairlane, and Galaxie. They can easily be identified as all from the same company. The Mustang was right there too, but it had a few things that were unigue about it. Now look at a 2006 Focus, Taurus, Fusion, Five Hundred, etc. They were all TOTALLY different looking! There was nothing that tied them together at all! Then compare that to Ford's European line of the same year. Totally different story. Think about the 1979 Mustang. Did it have ANY familiar Mustang styling cues? NO! Did it look like a Fairmont or a Pinto, or an LTD? YES! This is no different. And I really doubt the new car will be lacking ANY familiar Mustang styling cues, so in effect, it will be better by your argument. AND it will be looking to stand on its own as a competent car (which I think it really will be!) not relying on emotional attachment like the 1994 and 2005 did!

    And it's funny you should mention your garage. There's a Focus in mine, and it will soon be replaced by a Fusion.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L EFI T-5
    '04 Aviator 4.6L DOHC
    '14 Focus SE Sport Manual

  15. #15

    Default

    Auto companies have always had their own design language, with many models having a familial
    resemblance to other models they build. Nothing wrong with that at all. What's different here,
    is this nonsense that every car made by brand x has to have the same grille theme, whether it fits
    or not, because the premium Yurrupean brands do it. Seems the auto makers here have decided
    the whole familial resemblance thing was too subtle for us unwashed car buyers.

    Picture a '79 Mustang, if Ford had decided it had to have a Fairmont grille. Yeah, that.

    I didn't really have anything against the current Fusion grille, until I started seeing them pasted
    on cars like the C-Max, where it just looks plain goofy.

    2013-Ford-C-MAX-Hybrid-3Q-main_rdax_646x396.jpg
    Last edited by JACook; 08-22-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

    '79 Mont StaWag, 5.0, 58K original miles ... '81 Futura Coupe, 3.3, 62K original miles ...
    '85 GT 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT CFI/AOD Vert ...
    '65 notch, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ... '68 Vert 307 4-speed...
    (And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune)

  16. #16

    Default

    too hard to tell what it will really look like.. have to see it in person when its out..



    if it resembles this blue one i'll like it..

    7822337-images.jpg

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    Picture a '79 Mustang, if Ford had decided it had to have a Fairmont grille. Yeah, that.
    It did. It had pretty much the same grille with 4 eyes instead of 2, laid back instead of upright, but pretty much the same. Very similar to the Pinto of the time, the first Escort, the Fox body LTD... etc etc.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L EFI T-5
    '04 Aviator 4.6L DOHC
    '14 Focus SE Sport Manual

  18. #18

    Default

    Oh yeah, totally the same. How could I have missed it...



    vs



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

    '79 Mont StaWag, 5.0, 58K original miles ... '81 Futura Coupe, 3.3, 62K original miles ...
    '85 GT 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT CFI/AOD Vert ...
    '65 notch, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ... '68 Vert 307 4-speed...
    (And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune)

  19. #19
    FEP Senior Member edman1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    686

    Default

    I seen it last week when I was in Detroilet. You guys will like it. I did an I'm very hard to please. It has newer cues on it but still unmistakenly a mustang. I really like the Rear end which they have heavily camoed in those pics. Wish I could say more but....
    Last edited by edman1000; 08-23-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    - Ed

    '85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

    My cowl hood thread:

    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    Oh yeah, totally the same. How could I have missed it...



    vs



    Excuse me, it's not EXACTLY the same. But neither is the new one IDENTICAL to any other Ford. Similar, yes. Like the Fairmont and Mustang.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L EFI T-5
    '04 Aviator 4.6L DOHC
    '14 Focus SE Sport Manual

  21. #21
    FEP Supporter vascj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wellington, VA
    Posts
    3,538
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Dont know why so many people wasting their time on these photos. In the end this car will not even look like all of this fake crap promulgated in the media. Ford is doing an outstanding job hiding the real identity of the new mustang. Anything you see in these so called spy photos is pasted on panels and deception. Can't wait to see the real thing in April.
    86 LX factory optioned 5.0 5 SPD notchback coupe
    89 LX 5.0 5SPD notchback coupe

  22. #22

    Default

    Hey, if we waited until April, we couldn't be having an "is not" "is too" argument right now! "is too" infinity, I win!
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L EFI T-5
    '04 Aviator 4.6L DOHC
    '14 Focus SE Sport Manual

  23. #23

    Exclamation Mostly Agee.

    Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    And another one hits the nail squarely on the head, without knowing it.

    Contrary to the Brand Management belief system, said European brands are not successful
    -because- they have a corporate look across all their models, they have been successful
    because they build cars with exemplary driving dynamics across all their models. They
    became desirable brands first, the grilles became status symbols later.

    Given the experience of the "Bangle Era" BMWs, one might even say the success is at times
    in spite of having a corporate look across all their models. I'll also point out here that the
    current Audi grille is nothing if not polarizing. I personally hate it, and would never consider
    buying an Audi because of that one element alone. Will Audi miss that one sale? Not hardly.
    But it reinforces the point that when all your models have to wear a corporate look, it leads
    to putting stylists into a box that in turn can lead to unattractive, or bland-looking product,
    witness the sadly departed '04-'06 GTO, or worse, the unfortunate pastiche of corporate
    styling cues that is the current-gen Camaro.

    Would Mustang have been the success it was back in '64-'65, if it had been made to look like
    all the other Fords of the day? Not a chance.

    We'll have to agree to disagree WRT Fusion and Focus. Neither will ever sit in my garage.
    Couldn't agree any more about the '64-'66, ESP my FAVORITE Mustang the FB. Had they been style remakes I wouldn't still like them today as when I was a poor college student back then and being "persona non grata" in the Flagstaff, Az E D Babbit Ford dealership new car showroom because I was literally slobbering all over those original Mustangs!

    I disagree about the '04-'06 GTO, they were (still are) SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING than the early present day AND the latest present day Mustangs. And, I suspect, I will be charged w/hearasy
    by my local Mustang Club when I say the Dodge Chanllenger is, presently, SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING than ALL the present day Mustangs (and the camaro is SO FAR BEHIND it's comical. LLOOLL)
    The newest Mustang "prototype?".............I just can't get my finger far enough into the back of my throat! Fusion/Focus?....yuck!
    My 4 Mustangs:
    64.5 K Coupe
    66 A fb
    82 GT w/T-top
    86 SVO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •