Close

Default My sons first car

hello my name is joe. I just bought my son a 1982 GT with 42418 miles. its going to need work but he is only 14. Here is a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Welcome to FEP! That looks like a really nice 82, your son is a lucky guy. I think it's really cool that he's into fox Mustangs at his age, most kids nowadays can't see past the import scene. What do you guys have planned for the old girl? What options does the car have? We need details, but thanks for posting pics right off the bat. We are a visual group that never gets tired of seeing people's Foxes.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Ask any questions you may have and please post some more pics of that beauty when you get a chance.

**I moved this thread into the "new user introduction" section. That way everyone can say "hi" and check out your new ride.**
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

great find

Options??? I don't thank it has any. It has Manuel windows and i thank it's leather sets not really sure but it's black on black. He has traded the drag wheels for some cobra R's and a 5 lug swap. He has a 69 351w that we are gona build. Everything else will go back stock. The title says it weighs 2511 lbs is that right?

Very Nice !
    1979 Ghia Coupe
    5.0/C4
    Polar White
    1981 Cobra
    Gen 2 Coyote/6R80
    Bright Bittersweet
    2022 Mustang GT
    10r80 Whipple
    Eruption Green

Welcome to the site. Looks like you and your son will have a great time working on the GT.
    1985 Mustang GT T-Top

"When in Fear, Drop a Gear and Disappear"

What an awesome first car that will bring great memories of a father son project!!!
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

Congrats on the GT! Hope you and your son have a blast rebuilding/restoring it!

I am doing the same with my daughters. The eldest has a 86 coupe we are working on right now trying to get ready for her 16th Birthday in late October!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Nice looking car. Glad to see your son into fox mustangs instead of imports. Thats alot of car for a beginner driver. But the girls will sure love it and him.It will be a great father son project and create alot of memories.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

Quote Originally Posted by Slowjoe View Post
    ...The title says it weighs 2511 lbs is that right?
    Welcome to FEP, Joe. That weight doesn't sound right to me. Seems a bit light.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Looks like a great project. My son and I are working on his first car as well. It's an '84 GT Turbo, check our thread (http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...on-84-GT-Turbo). Take lots of pics as you guys go along. I love looking back the progress we've made with my son's car. Have fun and enjoy, we are!

Nice GT! Funny thing. Im trying to find a nice four eyed mustang for my 14 year old. Im trying to line up the stars to pick up a nice one to work on with my son. Your looks great, have fun with it and take lots of photos!

nice, lucky son. teach him the right way and respect for the speed

Welcome good looking ride to be only 14yoa, now he has time to work on it and learn.