Close

Default Value of car for sale?

I've decided to put my fox up for sale, but I'm not sure what to price it at. I'm sure I have more in it than its worth, what do you guys think its worth?

Build thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...V6-Convertible

Recent pics:

Its an 1986 V6 convertible with automatic, factory triple white with Regatta blue carpet.

?58,000 miles (I suspect 158,000, was told it was rebuilt, but who knows). Runs well, doesn't smoke.

No rust at all, except a little surface rust around the licence plate lights. Southern car its whole life.

In the last year or so:

New:

Top, pads and cables
    Top hydraulic lines
    Seat upholstery and front seat foam and springs
    Front seat belts
    Windshield
    Shocks and struts
    Steering rack and tie rod ends
    Heater core
    Alternator, voltage regulator, battery, battery cables, starter
    Fuel level sending unit
    Almost every light bulb in the car, instrument voltage regulator
    Rear main seal, pan gasket, intake gasket, timing cover (oil pump), timing cover gaskets, timing chain, trans filter and gasket, thermostat,all fluids flushed (still has minor oil and trans leak)
    Distributor, cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, O2 sensors, temp sending unit

Probably more things that I have forgotten.

Could use (but doesn't really need):
    Paint, weatherstripping, carpet, A/C (have accumulated most of the used parts, was factory A/C), 5.0 swap, CD player (good working and sounding cassette deck, can even include suitcase of great 80's tunes)

Everything works except the A/C

Comes with original Ford service manuals, Haynes manual, spare intake and throttle body, A/c compressor, condenser and lines.

What should I price it at?

This is not a for sale thread, please don't post that here, if interested, pm me.
    1986 Mustang LX convertible 3.8L V6 C4 auto
    1975 Ford Gran Torino 351W C4
    1995 Ford F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W
    2015 Mustang 3.7L V6/auto

$1700-$2200 is what I'm feeling
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

You should take a magic eraser to the back plastic interior panels you would be surprised how well it will clean them up.

Quote Originally Posted by REDBEARD View Post
    You should take a magic eraser to the back plastic interior panels you would be surprised how well it will clean them up.
    Actually, I've done that, haha. There are some pics in my build thread, looks way better. I just couldn't find a picture of the whole interior after, and the car is stored far away right now. What would you give it as a value?

I'm just sort of ready to move on. I've never really been "in love" with this car, I just wanted a project and it was there. Ever since I've started driving my Gran Torino I've really realized how much fun I was missing. Everything is SO much easier to work on. People come up to talk to me about that car everywhere I go (2 or 3 a day). In the whole three years I've owned the Fox I think three people total have ever complimented me on it. Also, the convertible is a really impractical car and I really want a truck. I can't justify keeping two "toy cars" and it wasn't really even a choice between them. I'll probably regret selling it someday, but right now, I just cant see myself driving it more than once a week, and I don't want it to just sit and rot. I'd love to find it a good home where it wont get trashed, it was one step from the crusher when I got it.

I would probably put it around the $1200-1500 dollar mark. Unfortunately the fact that it's a six with an auto trans don't make it the most desirable Mustang on the market. I think it would make a great first car for someone and you really did a nice job fixing it up. Good luck with the sale!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Banned

Your in the south and it's a Vert I'd imagine $2500 is possible

I would say around 2500ish.

We tend to forget that some folks just want a clean vert to drive on nice days. Not everyone wants a fast car, especially parents buying their teen a first car. I agree being in the south you should start at $2500

you could really boost up the ad, start about $3000, maybe come down and make the buyer feel like the winner
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

Thanks everyone, this is about in line with what I expected, somewhere around $2-3k at best. I always knew if I sold the car I would lose money. I've probably got close to 4k in it (I know its over $3k because: $850 top, $650 seats, and $1200 disastrous mechanic trip where it ended up getting almost totally re-gasketed). And to think the car itself was "free" and actually ran. When the time comes I will definitely put together a better ad with truly fresh clean pictures and probably a buffing and wax to get her all cleaned up. Anyone have the heart to take her in? Price might be somewhat different for a good home.

I think you should just keep it. You will not get a return for your investment of time and money that would pay off any more than what you would get for putting the top down and just enjoying a sunday morning cruise.

Keep it and enjoy it. Otherwise In that southern market you'll find it difficult to even get around 3k I'd say since you have all that into it you'll appreciate it more if it remains yours.