Close

Default New guy from West Virginia.

Hello all! My names Dakota, I'm from Charleston, WV. Guess you can say I'm kind of a younger member only being 16 years old. Lol but Glad to be part of the forum, it's helped me out tons already and I expect it to through the future! Anyway, I own two fox body's which both are pretty big projects as of now. They're getting there slowly but surely.
    The 86 GT 5.0 Hatch is a pretty solid car, very little to no rust There's not much done to the motor other than E7 heads, a little bit of exhaust work , intake, and full MSD ignition. Which the motor is out of for right now getting a new core support and engine bay smoothing and of course the wire tuck.
    The 84 LX Hatchback is under going floorboard repair and a lot of other rust repairs, and I still have to find the original 2.3 for it, bought it from a guy when he had finished the 5.0 swap to it.. But that's all I have, thanks!

Hi Dakota and Welcome to FEP,Really glad to see the younger guys getting into the fox body mustangs instead of imports.Alot of good knowledgable people on here so you should get all your answers you need answered and needed parts you need also. Post up some pics when you get a chance.
    Bob
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

Welcome to FEP, I agree that it's very cool that your into the old foxbody's...you sound like a smart kid. To already have two of them is awesome as well. Post up some pics of your projects, we would love to see them. I am curious about what your friends think of your cars, and how you got into foxes when so many kids your age go a different path?

Again, welcome and make sure you ask any and all questions you may have. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people willing to help. Great to have you aboard.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

welcome, been to charleston, and also lived in beckley and montgomery for about 2 years, also met a girl from oak hill (the town where they found Hank Williams sr dead)
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

Supercharged: Thanks!, I've got an older brother that puts me in the right paths to be smart and not go with an import! (: and I'll make sure to!

TopGear: Thank you, and there's very few of my friends that acknowledge my foxes but the ones that do normally help out when they can. And like I told "Supercharged" my older brother actually owned the 84 before I did (but I've always considered it mine wether he liked it or not" loll I was always helping him with it and the fox body look just stuck with me and I love the cars. And when I'm done with the cars it's goin to be a good feeling to be able to say "built not bought" unlike most people my age.

Notch: Thanks, I actually live about an hour from oak hill.

Welcome to FEP, Dakota. Great to see the younger folks getting into the Fox-bodies.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Welcome to FEP
    "Built, not Bought" Great motto to live by.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed