Close

Default New from Tampa, Florida...

Hello everyone...another new guy from central Florida. I just bought an 86 coupe a few weeks ago. It needs a lot of help, but it's solid overall. I found this site while I was doing my pre-foxbody research and finally decided to join now that I got the new project. This is my first ford, first fox, and first project the the wife actually likes so I'm excited to blow some money on it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome to FEP, and the whole Fox Mustang ownership club. I'm afraid now that you bit the bullet and bought one, that your life will never be the same...in a good way! These cars are awesome to drive, work on, and show off (no matter what stage of the rebuild you are in) so get ready for some fun.

Post up some pics of your project, we are a visual group and love to see other members cars. An 86 notch is a fan favorite, so it sounds like you have excellent taste. What are your plans? What condition is she in now? What options does she have? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but inquiring minds want to know.

Anyway, welcome to FEP. Please ask any questions you may have, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site that are more than willing to help. Cannot wait to see pics of your 86!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Welcome to FEP.Now you will be hooked on the fox stangs.If the wife likes it get her involved by helping you and her suggestions on what she would like to see done to it.I found out if they are involved they dont complain about the money spent on them.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged347 View Post
    I found out if they are involved they dont complain about the money spent on them.
    In my case getting them involved is the challenge! I'm home every night so that makes her happy! The money? What she doesnt know won't hurt her? LOL.

Joking, good luck with your car! As mentioned, fun to drive, easy to work on, lots of parts available (usually).
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome to FEP.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version