Close

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Oh snap, look what's ready to go on the car!

Name:  Expl 3.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  133.3 KB

I have to do a little more painting and transferring of various things such as the throttle lever before I'm ready for final assembly. When I first got the intake it was heavily corroded and the paint was peeling (See Page 2). It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good! With the plaque, I was inspired by the awesome work 87GTVic does and some others I've seen around the web. I got the plaque off ebay, standard black, and whipped one up myself!

The intake took a back seat this year to the suspension work and other usability problems I've been having with the car.
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 09-21-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Looks fantastic! Very classy!

That does look nice. It should really pop in the engine bay. Well done!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Mike1157

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Oh snap, look what's ready to go on the car!

Name:  Expl 3.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  133.3 KB

I have to do a little more painting and transferring of various things such as the throttle lever before I'm ready for final assembly. When I first got the intake it was heavily corroded and the paint was peeling (See Page 2). It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good! With the plaque, I was inspired by the awesome work 87GTVic does and some others I've seen around the web. I got the plaque off ebay, standard black, and whipped one up myself!

The intake took a back seat this year to the suspension work and other usability problems I've been having with the car.
    That's what I'm talking about. The pride that comes from a little bit of effort, and a rattle can goes a long way when the end result can look this good.

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it under the hood!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Well, since breaking that intake bolt, things have slowed down. Pretty much now just looking at getting it ready for storage and assembling what I can such as attaching everything to the intake before installation.

I'm fairly sure I can get the extractor out of the hole in the head whether it be with the head in place, or not. If I remove it, I'm positive I could get the extractor out. But that still leaves remnants of the bolt in there. I'm considering whether to go to a U-Pull and get myself some GT40 '96-97 Explorer heads. They are very cheap at my preferred yard, but that may mean they might need considerable work. For the most part though, I'm leaving any serious rebuilding for sometime in the future since my engine has pretty high miles as it is. Maybe I'd just slap some new valve springs in there and call it good. Maybe I'll just keep my E7s. We'll see. I may take the winter to think about it.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Took a few pics today! I wanted to take one that shows the stance with the SVO wheels.

Name:  Ext 14_10 1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  72.5 KB

Pay no attention to the bucket on the floor. The engine is still torn apart, obviously.

I did finish assembling the intake though. Notice the blue top injectors! The only things carry over here are the heater pipe (repainted) and the fuel rail.

Name:  Expl 4.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  67.9 KB

The head problem is still on hold until next year. Only thing left for this year is to get it ready for slumber.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Well, since the money's dried up for any car work until the spring, how about a trip down memory lane?

Here's when I first got it.

The original interior

Garbage. I mean, the original engine

K-member swap day

My wedding day!

Here's another recent pretty good pic
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Those wheels look perfect on that car. Are those from an SVO?
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    Those wheels look perfect on that car. Are those from an SVO?
    Yes sir!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I'm digging the kmember swap day pic.
    Sometimes I wonder how we look to people that don't work on cars hahah. I've done stuff like that, curbside motor swaps ftw!
    I love the car. Especially the dash swap and efi. Do the gt40 or even gt40p heads (with the headers) its worth it. While your at it might as well swap cams!

Quote Originally Posted by riverfox racing View Post
    I'm digging the kmember swap day pic.
    Sometimes I wonder how we look to people that don't work on cars hahah. I've done stuff like that, curbside motor swaps ftw!
    I love the car. Especially the dash swap and efi. Do the gt40 or even gt40p heads (with the headers) its worth it. While your at it might as well swap cams!
    Thanks! hahaha, yeah, I'm sure the neighbors were really wondering that day.

Looking at P heads and probably a cam for this spring! Should be fun!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

P heads all the way! Couldn't believe what they did for my 84 GT. You won't be disappointed.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

This is one of my favorite cars on this board ! It looks great and you do some nice work....

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    This is one of my favorite cars on this board ! It looks great and you do some nice work....
    Thank you for the kind words!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Should probably leave this here...

http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Congrats to my northern neighbor on the ride of the month. Always have been a fan of your car, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 notchback View Post
    Congrats to my northern neighbor on the ride of the month. Always have been a fan of your car, well done!
    Thanks! Maybe we can get a northern Midwest meet going sometime!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Very Classy car! All your hard work shows very well, you definately have alot to be proud of

Thank you!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I find your car to be very inspirational. So far mine's still covered with ugly !
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    I find your car to be very inspirational. So far mine's still covered with ugly !
    Thanks! Haha, she's always looked okay, but has never worked that well... until recently, anyway.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Thanks! Maybe we can get a northern Midwest meet going sometime!
    Good idea! I hope to have mine road worthy by my birthday, August 15.

I love that intake. Is that a explorer intake with a non-efi plaque? I just came across a great deal on a bunch of efi stuff and have been considering going that route. I wanted to do a gt-40 top end, but I have always thought the intakes were ugly. Yours looks great though, I like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 notchback View Post
    Good idea! I hope to have mine road worthy by my birthday, August 15.

I love that intake. Is that a explorer intake with a non-efi plaque? I just came across a great deal on a bunch of efi stuff and have been considering going that route. I wanted to do a gt-40 top end, but I have always thought the intakes were ugly. Yours looks great though, I like that a lot.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's an Explorer (GT40) with a non-HO plaque. I like how clean it is, and it seemed fitting because it was the one used on non-Mustangs. I think you should do EFI!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Thanks! Haha, she's always looked okay, but has never worked that well... until recently, anyway.
    Maybe that's why I'm starting with the "works well" stuff first , don't want to mess up prettiness fixing up my goofs
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast