Close

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Sometimes warranties actually work out! Good for you...good on LMR!

I know what you mean about tiny garage. I look at all the CRAP that is out there. It's hard to change oil in my drivers because the Mustang is out from the wall. I could put the tires back on the front and put it back on the dollies, but all in all it's just a pain. If I only had a 25x30 at least. I can't wait to move...although it's probably 3-5 years off.
    Yeah, it's a constant struggle! Have to purge stuff we don't use pretty regularly, or it gets out of control! People give you stuff and you're like "won't this be great to have?" but then a year or two goes by and it never sees use, so it's out of here.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I slapped the alternator in the other day, and the supercharger whine is now gone. I guess I can just let it ride with the power steering that... turned out to not be noisy. I think I might route the cooling lines to the transmission cooler part of the radiator though. Since they're not being used anyway. And it's cleaner.

For the brakes, I found a leaking piston on one of the rear calipers. I was able to warranty that at Napa which is cool. I bled the brakes some more after that. I've pumped about a GALLON through there so far. Still not that happy with the brake feel, and my rears are still "wide open" (100%) at the proportioning valve which I don't like. I'm going to replace the master cylinder (which probably won't fix the problem) and then start looking for a shop to bring it where maybe they'll be able to get the stubborn air out of the system. SO tired of this. Brakes are... kind of important.

At least it got me to the Street Machine Nationals all weekend.

Had some car time today and decided to do something fun instead so I started working on the cupholder console panel. It took the WHOLE can of black to paint the thing. I don't know why they can't just mold it in various colors. There's maybe 4 or 5 colors at the most? Anyway, once I put that in, it will take the place of my ashtray and power plug. Not so worried about the ashtray, but the power plug is still a thing. To solve this, I decided to eliminate the stupid useless bin below the radio and replace it with the ashtray/power plug panel from a '97 T-bird.

Stupid bin (even smaller with my aftermarket stereo install kit)

And the new

I like it!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Finished rewiring the cigarette lighter circuit for its new location today. Also wired the power trunk release to work when the key is off too, so I'm less likely to lock my keys in the trunk at a car show.

Took the old center console bezel out today and took the opportunity to take side by side photos. You might be able to tell my new bezel needs another coat of paint or two, even though I've already used a whole freakin' can on this thing. Still deciding what to do with my power window switches.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I slapped the alternator in the other day, and the supercharger whine is now gone. I guess I can just let it ride with the power steering that... turned out to not be noisy. I think I might route the cooling lines to the transmission cooler part of the radiator though. Since they're not being used anyway. And it's cleaner.

For the brakes, I found a leaking piston on one of the rear calipers. I was able to warranty that at Napa which is cool. I bled the brakes some more after that. I've pumped about a GALLON through there so far. Still not that happy with the brake feel, and my rears are still "wide open" (100%) at the proportioning valve which I don't like. I'm going to replace the master cylinder (which probably won't fix the problem) and then start looking for a shop to bring it where maybe they'll be able to get the stubborn air out of the system. SO tired of this. Brakes are... kind of important.

At least it got me to the Street Machine Nationals all weekend.

Had some car time today and decided to do something fun instead so I started working on the cupholder console panel. It took the WHOLE can of black to paint the thing. I don't know why they can't just mold it in various colors. There's maybe 4 or 5 colors at the most? Anyway, once I put that in, it will take the place of my ashtray and power plug. Not so worried about the ashtray, but the power plug is still a thing. To solve this, I decided to eliminate the stupid useless bin below the radio and replace it with the ashtray/power plug panel from a '97 T-bird.

Stupid bin (even smaller with my aftermarket stereo install kit)

And the new

I like it!
    When you are bleeding brakes, are you using that special screw in tool that goes in the valve where the switch goes?
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I've never heard of that. What is it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I've never heard of that. What is it?

so what happens is that when you bleed the brakes the valve in the distribution block moves and so you never get a good bleed as they say.... most after market brake dealers sell them.
    go on to CPP website part # PV-TOOL (combination valve tool) I had to use it to bleed my '69 falcon brakes and i think i had to tap the tool to fit as it was a different thread. I can send you a picture if you want
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Interesting! My original proportioning valve is gutted though. The proportioning happens downstream at the adjustable valve. I may try that anyway though!

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

If you are running 4 wheel disc's you might have to change from the stock dist. valve......
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    If you are running 4 wheel disc's you might have to change from the stock dist. valve......
    Yep, that's what I have. The spring and piston and everything have been taken out. It's just there for distributing.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

What master cylinder are you using?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I got it off a '94 V6 Mustang in a junkyard.

I did buy a reman one to install for that application just so I'm sure of what I've got. The master and booster are the same application as the brakes themselves, '94-95 V6 and GT. Only difference is the Fox brake pedal.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

You might like a 1” bore. 70 Torino bolts up to everything if memory serves. M1858 for a Mark VII lincoln works with one adapter and is also SAE and 1” bore.

I'm probably not going to make more application modifications like that. I've done that enough, and the reman '94-95 master has been purchased, so we're going to slap it in, make sure everything is working properly, and then go with it for now. Once the master is in, I'm going to take it to a shop and say "FIX IT". I'm so tired of fighting with these damned brakes. They've been the bane of my existence ever since i first did a rear disc brake swap 8 years ago!

Thanks though. I know you're trying to help. I just don't want to venture into the unknown with this anymore. Everything on the car now was designed to work together, so that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Haven't gotten around to installing that master cylinder yet. Hopefully Saturday.

I did find that my power window conversion kit failed on my passenger window. Story here.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...onversion-Kits

Caused a tantrum from my daughter on the way to the snooty car show for old fogies the other day. "It's too windy Daddy!!" She was fine with riding in cars with the windows open last year though. Ugh. So, I get to try and straighten out that window so this doesn't happen again and get a new kit coming.

Other than that, I'm continuing work on the LMR cupholder panel. You might remember I bought a cupholder last year that had a built in LED to sort of make ghetto "ambient lighting". Well, I took it apart, and it looks like it's just a regular boat cupholder that someone hot-glued a little light into. Easily duplicated. I pulled the light out of the old one and am installing it in my new removable cupholder liner from the LMR kit. Should be fun!

So then, I was on eBay they other day and happened to find a Motorcraft NOS replacement door/seatbelt chime for my car. I had tried repairing my old one, but wasn't happy with the result. It's cool though, this new one has an F2 part number, which tells me it's an improved design. And it plugs right in! Very happy to have it!

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Installed the master cylinder today. Haven't driven it yet (it's wet out), but the pedal is pretty dang hard. I've been fooled by that before though.

Worked on my cupholder bezel some today too. I decided to put the power window switches in the area normally occupied by the e-brake lever. So, I started cuttin' on my brand new piece. Also drilled a hole for my headphone/ipod input. Pretty nice and subtle, I think!

Also, took a new pic of the car the other day.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

double post
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 08-04-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Nice Brad

I know a brake guru on another forum that could probably help you with your brake problems. Let me know if you want some help and I'll get you his contact info.

Thanks!

That would actually be great!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Thanks!

That would actually be great!
    He says he's a member here as well. He'll be coming around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    He says he's a member here as well. He'll be coming around soon.
    Cool, thanks
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Cool, thanks
    Trying to scan back and see your setup. You running basically a 94-95 GT/v6 setup? What's your entire brake combo?
    Mike
    -'88 Mustang LX 5.0L

Yep, all brakes, booster, and master cylinder all '94-95 V6/GT. Ford Racing adjustable proportioning valve, stock valve gutted. The problem started when I replaced all the lines last year.

Here's the saga:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e-Brake-Lines-!
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 08-05-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Finally got the chance to finish my cupholder panel! Everything is pretty well-done and I'm very happy with it!

Equal credit LMR, and myself.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

That interior is looking good Brad!

Thanks!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast