Close

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Looks like its coming along real well. I love these cars! Its nice to see other Ford/Mercury cars. The interior is really nice looking. Looks like it belongs. Cant wait to see more pictures!

Love what you did with the car. As stated on your cable, weld a small piece of pipe in the hole for the cable to ride in too spread the load out. Just roll the edges on the pipe so the cable slides through it easily on each end.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED85 View Post
    Love what you did with the car. As stated on your cable, weld a small piece of pipe in the hole for the cable to ride in too spread the load out. Just roll the edges on the pipe so the cable slides through it easily on each end.
    That's a good idea. I think I have some of my old metal parking brake cable sleeves laying around. I should cut one to size and put it in there!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I want to put an 87-up interior in my 80 notch. Any huge headaches that I can expect to encounter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well, I did it at the same time as swapping in the SEFI engine from the same car as the dash, so I just replaced my Zephyr wiring harness with the Mustang one and spliced in the lights and wipers. So, really I don't know what kinds of things you'll need to do to make the two harnesses talk to each other. Physically, mounting the dash is pretty easy. The bottom mounts are the same, and the top mounts you just bend down at an angle and drill some new screw holes.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I plan on swapping the engine too. Did you do AC or no?

Now I just need to find a donor vehicle. Let me know if you come across any rusted out 5.0's up north, haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I did not do A/C. It's too bad too, because it worked great with the original drivetrain in the car. I'd like to add it back one day though if I ever get around to it. I think there might be some problem making the evaporator lines line up. If I have to drill new holes in the firewall, then so be it, haha.

Will do. I know where there's an '02, but I think they want an arm and a leg for it. haha
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Started prepping my new purchase, an Explorer intake, for paint! I'm guessing this thing must've been procured from a car that was hoodless and sat outside a long time. The paint is bubbled and there's a good amount of corrosion underneath. It seems to be cleaning up with just a die grinder and sanding discs reasonably well though! I also cut off the cable bracket on the end and started trying to shape it to the area around it. Felt good to get out there and get my hands dirty! it's still pretty dang cold here though. My air compressor wasn't very happy about all the use it got today!

Name:  IMG_20140207_175953_039.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  117.2 KB
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Very nice Zeph! Me likey! I'm considering the explorer upper for the sleeper look! Should flow better than stock HO intake.

Well, the HO wouldn't bolt on to your GT40 lower anyway. I was thinking the same thing though, about using an Explorer upper with the Lightning lower when/if I go 351. It supposedly doesn't flow as well as a tubular, but that would be so cool! Maybe a subtly custom intake plaque that says "5.8" where it normally says "5.0".
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

plain clean and very nice

Thanks! Chomping at the bit to work on the thing! It got REALLY cold here again.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Really dig the interior swap!
    I haven't been able to work on mine the last set of days off due to the sudden downturn in temperature, either.
    I'm hoping we're on the final leg of cold weather...
    Dan

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ng-GT-restomod

1986 Mustang GT Cobra
    Lotsa stuff, lotsa work. Check my thread above.

Daily drivers
    2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke crew 4X4
    2012 F-150 Ecoboost Screw FX4

Woo hoo! Ordered parts today! Continental Extreme Contact DW summer tires, Tokico Blue shock & struts, MM k-member brace, new stock upper control arms and bushings!

can't wait can't wait can't wait!!

Still need to order coil springs ("B" springs or H&R Sports) new driver's seat foam, and some Ford low-friction ball joints!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Congrats on your parts order! Keep us updated!

Very cool! I can't wait to see how it looks on the SVO wheels.
    Last edited by Mikethe80sFanatic; 03-31-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Grammatical error.
    -Mike-
    83' LTD Brougham, 43k miles, 3.8 2bbl/Auto, Pretty much Stock/Original for now. DD.
    88' Bronco XLT, 63k miles, Built 358W/C6..soon to be ZF5 swap, 4.10s. All-Around-Fun Machine.
    96' Cherokee Country, 131k, 4.0 I6/Auto, 3in lift, Lots of Mods, DD/Off road Machine.

Me either. I'll post pics with its current "lift kit" suspension, and then after I put the new stuff in.

Ordered the ball joints today!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Argh, well, "new stuff" pics might have to wait a while. Stupid Tokico shocks and struts are on backorder indefinitely. Tires are on, but the weather is crap today. Blizzard. No, that's not an exaggeration.

And the ball joints were a dead end. Ford no longer offers the low friction ball joints, apparently. No one does.
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 04-03-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

What are the part numbers on the Tokicos?

Struts: HB3140 01

Shocks: HE3723

I hope those are right. I got them off the order confirmations. MM did have ONE shock for me, so they're sending it. Why would they just have one?!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Think I found a way to get the ball joints!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Struts: HB3140 01

Shocks: HE3723

I hope those are right. I got them off the order confirmations. MM did have ONE shock for me, so they're sending it. Why would they just have one?!
    Because of people like the former owner of my LSC. Whoever it was didn't believe in replacing them in pairs.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Zephyr 4x4 with SVO wheels!

Name:  Ext 04_14.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  118.1 KB
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

They look like they belong on your car. Sort of gives it a little more of a sleeper look too.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Yeah! Definitely one of the benefits!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast