Close

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Well, I finished cleaning up the looks on my Focus. Before:

After:

Took off all the goofy tacked on body kit on a body kit stuff. Got some good money for it too! Win-win. Now I'm STILL waiting on my clamp exchange from Summit. It's been almost a week since they got my return, they need to hurry up and send its replacement out so I can get this obnoxious exhaust off and cash in!

As for the Zeph, who knew that replacing every single piece of the clutch system except the freakin' bellhousing, clutch pedal, and input shaft would still yield having to do fiddly work to make things line up and do what they're supposed to! I sure didn't!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...rts-Components

I thought if you replace the flywheel with new, that meant you should have NO issues with proper geometry. A brand new clutch kit from the same manufacturer that made the factory one, and I still might be looking at pulling the g****** transmission back out to shim the brand new pivot ball?! F***!! I guess I should've just kept my old setup. It was heavy as crap, not to mention NOT put together correctly, but at least it WORKED!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Too bad you need to have a front plate... Nice job on bringing it back to stock!
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Too bad you need to have a front plate... Nice job on bringing it back to stock!
    Thanks! I joined a few ST communities, and it can be hard not to express my distaste for some of what they like to do to their cars over there. I don't mind the front plate. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another way the car is different now than the previous guy had it. I've made it my own by making it not his.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940