Close

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Well I pulled the throttle body and EGR spacer off today. I don't think the spacer is cracked, and the gasket between it and the throttle body disintegrated as I pulled the throttle body off. I sure hope that's all it is. I'm going to pull the upper intake off (which is a PITA with the engine moved back, and the stupid strut tower brace), and investigate the fuel leak mess.

Here's some more pics I took the other day before I cranked the engine.

This one shows the ECM brackets, and that thing behind it is the crossover box for my "separates" front speakers. I decided not to bolt it down right now because I was sick of that after doing that with the ECM. It's always been fine, and I'm sure it will continue to be fine.

And this is the first interior pic WITHOUT the stupid ECM hanging in the passenger footwell!

I sat in the driver's seat and the shifter feels great where it is. Really looking forward to driving it, but who knows when that will be.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI T-5 (Mustang LWB)
    '17 Ford Transit Connect Titanium LWB
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Pull all of your plugs and use the starter to spin the motor over fast for several revolutions then proceed with looking for the water source based upon where it shot out of

All holes — intake. One or two - head gasket, block, or head...

Good idea. Don't want that in there.
    Brad

Well, I took the fuel rail out. I don't see any evidence of anything one way or the other. Injector looks fine... I guess I'll just go with my previous idea, take the overkill approach, and replace both the rail and the injector. And roll the dice with a used rail.

The only thing noteworthy was that the rail mounting holes in the fuel rail brackets were all lined up so that the holes in the intake were towards the bottom EXCEPT the one in the problem area. That one was towards the top, as if the rail was sitting lower there. I would think that would be a good thing. Don't know. Whatever...
    Brad

I took the plugs out today and cranked the engine over. No coolant spewed forth from the plug holes, so I think we are good there.

I also moved the #1 injector to the #3 spot and vice versa. The leak stayed in the #1 spot, so I would say we are looking at a fuel rail. It's definitely at the top of the injector too, so it has nothing to do with the intake. I'm thinking I'll swap rails when the "new" one arrives and then maybe just keep the reman injector that's also on its way as a spare.

One if the bolt holes for the fuel rail brackets is a bit off; I have trouble tightening the bolt all the way, so I guess it will be a good idea to grab a tap and run it through that hole so I don't end up breaking the bolt off in the damn intake.
    Brad

Stilllllllllllllllllllll waiting on that fuel rail. No communication from seller, no tracking info. Who knows if he's even sent it yet.
    Brad

ARG -- some people's children!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    ARG -- some people's children!
    I know. The fool got back to me and said he was "out of town on business". WELL THEN DON'T HAVE YOUR DAMN AUCTIONS UP WITH DELIVERY DATES YOU CAN'T MAKE!!
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I know. The fool got back to me and said he was "out of town on business". WELL THEN DON'T HAVE YOUR DAMN AUCTIONS UP WITH DELIVERY DATES YOU CAN'T MAKE!!
    I've had it happen. I'd leave the most negative feedback possible. What a JERK!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324