Close

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,026 to 1,039 of 1039

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    well I think LMR only thinks in the past, as they come out with new wheels oh sure they are in 17" and 18" but still in 4 lug?
    They do seem surprisingly open to suggestion though. They've come out with some parts I never would have expected.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Thanks! But why the strips? I'm having trouble picturing that. Just wondering in case it would still benefit me to better hold it in place. It's not something I did on the last one.
    I only did that on the last one I did.
    It is to keep the heat in the box in case your silicone seal fails
    You don't want the heat seeping out near your wiring.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post
    I only did that on the last one I did.
    It is to keep the heat in the box in case your silicone seal fails
    You don't want the heat seeping out near your wiring.
    That’s a great idea, thanks!
    79 Zephyr, 4v/4r70w swap planned, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs.

I got started on the (further) disassembly yesterday for the heater core job. I think I might try to redo the top mounts to raise the dash up a bit. It sits a little low, and that's always bothered me.

This season is ending just like last season did. A lot of frustration and disappointment. I've had to overcome that to get motivated to turn wrenches on the car. It's probably a bit early to say I won't get any seat time this year, but if that did happen it wouldn't bother me as much as it would have a month ago. We'll see how it goes.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Slowly chipping away at it.

The old heater core is out now. The foam on the sides of the blend door was SOAKED, so I had to give that some time to dry. At least I feel like I have better access to clean out the heater box pulled out, rather than dealing with it in the car.

Looks like I only kept at it through the end of October last year, so that gives me a good idea how much more time I have this year.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

That's a pain, but you've got it licked now!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    That's a pain, but you've got it licked now!
    Yeah, we can probably call the heater core job done. The heater box is back in and everything is hooked back up. I put the car on stands for the winter. The fact that the stupid rolling idle is still there just kind of ruined any enjoyment I might've gotten out of getting it all put back together in time for a drive. Yes, I could've done it, but it would run like crap anyway. I'm certainly not up to tackling a whole other problem this season. I need that spring motivation for that. Autumn me is just tired of being kicked while I'm down by this thing. Pretty much the same as all the recent seasons have ended. SIIGHHHHHHHHHHH
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

It's frustrating for sure! Best thing is to take a step back and do something else. (I mean I did that for like 6 years) Watch some videos, read some other build threads, get some inspiration, and make a plan and attack it.

I think my problem on my 85 was I never made a real plan and wrote it out. It was always step by changing step which is frustrating. Add in problems that are hard to fix and that's a recipe for parking it in the garage. (so is getting remarried and have to work on the house!)
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Hang in there man
    it can’t be bad forever
    79 Zephyr, 4v/4r70w swap planned, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs.

Yeah. The past 15 years have pretty much been one big tangent. I mean, it was all good lessons though. A lot of flying by the seat of my pants. A lot of adding upgrades when I should have been focusing on fixing problems. I certainly did not have that clear of a plan myself. I would try things, sometimes counter to all the advice I'd been getting, and go "well, that didn't work. Let's try this... ". I've done so much, it's hard to even remember some of the decisions I could have made better. My early priorities were, get it at least sort of road worthy for the majority of the summer, and do it cheap. If I were to start a project now, things would certainly be different.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Hang in there man
    it canít be bad forever
    Thanks. I need to log a few wins. Or maybe just recognize some of the smaller ones I've dismissed. It's nice to be free of it for now. That always helps.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah. The past 15 years have pretty much been one big tangent. I mean, it was all good lessons though. A lot of flying by the seat of my pants. A lot of adding upgrades when I should have been focusing on fixing problems. I certainly did not have that clear of a plan myself. I would try things, sometimes counter to all the advice I'd been getting, and go "well, that didn't work. Let's try this... ". I've done so much, it's hard to even remember some of the decisions I could have made better. My early priorities were, get it at least sort of road worthy for the majority of the summer, and do it cheap. If I were to start a project now, things would certainly be different.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of car building lol
    It happens to the best of us, try not to beat yourself up too bad haha.
    This is all a learning experience, sometimes being wrong is the best teacher.
    Shelve it for for now and come back strong in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of car building lol
    It happens to the best of us, try not to beat yourself up too bad haha.
    This is all a learning experience, sometimes being wrong is the best teacher.
    Shelve it for for now and come back strong in the spring!
    Thanks. I hope things are going well on yours.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Thanks. I hope things are going well on yours.
    Thanks. Iím not where I want to be, but Iím not too far.
    Iím in the same boat, gotta store it for the winter haha

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142