Close

Default 1985 North Carolina Highway Patrol Mustang

Picked up another SSP very rare only 3rd 1985 found as of now and only black 1 so far here is fotki I set up will be in need of some parts. http://public.fotki.com/xxtrpr/nchp/

Wow!! That is super cool right there! Did you find that in NC? Man i wish i could find a four eyed NC SSP.....good luck on the restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Wow!! That is super cool right there! Did you find that in NC? Man i wish i could find a four eyed NC SSP.....good luck on the restoration.
    I did find it in King NC and it's 1 family owned since out of service in 1995 seems to have been in service longer than normal so maybe was supervisors car I have few troopers chasing info. The guy bought in 95 drove to 98 when he died it sat at his parents house til 2000 when his brother got out of military he took to his house it sat until 2003 was registered and driven 2003-2006. Has been sitting since 2006 I haven't had chance to get it running yet in few months I've owned it. All original all 5 steel wheels, only thing changed is valve covers, carb and fan. Also has new headliner. Thankyou for well wishes. Will update this as I go. Have to sell my 85 Mclaren roller to clear garage for this build. Can't have 2 project cars.

saw it on winston salem cl a while back, I'll add it to the black 4 eyed thread

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...lack-four-eyes

Last edited by FM2NOTCH; 08-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Yes it was, everybody was thinking it was Texas DPS car because roof looked to be faded white but when I contacted guy it had a NC property tag in glovebox and carfax was NC. He couldn't get pictures of buck tags but they were there and the dso on door sticker was NC so I bought it and had shipper pickup so when it got here in middle of nte I had to go out with flashlight to confirm bucktags. Now broke with newborn at time now he is 4 months and im still broke so it's now sitting again but way up here.

I'd like to see it in all it's former nc glory, silver and black
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by xxtrpr View Post
    Can't have 2 project cars.
    I was going to say "sure you can!" Until I read this part:

Now broke with newborn at time now he is 4 months and im still broke so it's now sitting again but way up here.
    Good luck with everything, its going to be a coool car whenever it gets done!

Good to see you posting about it here too and glad you saved it.

The first 1985 NCSHP found (that I know of) was down on the Eastern NC coast about three years ago. No drivetrain and no suspension. Don't know if anybody ended up getting it. It didn't make it into the VIN Project @ specialservicemustang.net.

Three more were found after that one. First of the three is an unknown color, as we haven't seen the any codes to verify, and it was in primer when it was advertised for sale. Second one and third one (this car) are confirmed Black.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I did find it in King NC and it's 1 family owned since out of service in 1995 seems to have been in service longer than normal so maybe was supervisors car I have few troopers chasing info. The guy bought in 95 drove to 98 when he died it sat at his parents house til 2000 when his brother got out of military he took to his house it sat until 2003 was registered and driven 2003-2006. Has been sitting since 2006 I haven't had chance to get it running yet in few months I've owned it. All original all 5 steel wheels, only thing changed is valve covers, carb and fan. Also has new headliner. Thankyou for well wishes. Will update this as I go. Have to sell my 85 Mclaren roller to clear garage for this build. Can't have 2 project cars.
    Cool story, is the 85 McLaren roller a ASC/McLaren coupe? I usually roam craigslist for Mustangs but i guess i missed this one uhhhh....If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? PM me if you like, wow....i'm right here in NC and missed this.....i'm kicking myself right now.

I have been trying to pick an 85 SSP close to me. It looks just like one of the in-service pics on one of the SSP websites. It is grey with a red pin stripe, but I'm not sure about the wheels. The pic shows the ugly hubcaps and I hope that isn't what came with it. My understanding is that there were two grey ones?

I'm going to keep trying to pick it up, but it is a long story on the history and it has some sentimental value to the owner. Next time I go by, I'll snap a pic or two of the buck tag.
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

All info I have come across pointing towards cars were solid color they didn't do 2 tone until 89 I believe. But might go 2 tone it's 1 of my favorite state paint schemes.

The primer one I have spoken to him he says it's gray car with red interior and stripe but won't share pictures to verify. The 2nd one which is black isn't it just verified by marti report and not found yet?

Those are some ugly rims, you should sell them to me
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

The primer one I have spoken to him he says it's gray car with red interior and stripe but won't share pictures to verify. The 2nd one which is black isn't it just verified by marti report and not found yet?
    Marti report is only confirmation we have on FF251180.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Marti report is only confirmation we have on FF251180.
    Ok that's what I thought I hadn't heard of another black 85 actually found.

I see what you're saying now. You are correct in that I don't think FF251180 has been "found". It only had a Marti report run for it.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Yes that's what I meant mine only black 1 foumd not saying it was only black 1

FEP Member

Not to hijack...

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    I have been trying to pick an 85 SSP close to me. It looks just like one of the in-service pics on one of the SSP websites. It is grey with a red pin stripe, but I'm not sure about the wheels. The pic shows the ugly hubcaps and I hope that isn't what came with it. My understanding is that there were two grey ones? I'm going to keep trying to pick it up, but it is a long story on the history and it has some sentimental value to the owner. Next time I go by, I'll snap a pic or two of the buck tag.
    Did you ever have any luck with the owner? Even if he's unwilling to sell, it would be great if you could get pictures of the VIN label and buck tags.
    Bill Jr.