Close

Default An open letter to all Metro NY Area and Long Island FEPrs

Deleted

I think everyone that needed to read the letter has read it (200+ views).

Thank you Ed

Thank you FEP

T
    Last edited by TWR2003; 07-26-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    MF: Shoot pool Fast Eddie.
    EF: Im shootin' pool Fats. When I miss you can shoot.

I can certainly attest that no one EVER, EVER, intentionally meant to leave Roc behind. I mean that's silly. I didn't get the joke...although I didn't take it to heart either and chalked it up to harmless ribbing...BUT, I certainly read into how others' felt and since I was there first hand I thought I should reply here. I feel terrible that it happened and if I knew he were coming back I certainly would have waited for him...and I'd bet both my cars so would everyone else! The more cars/people for the cruise/hangout the better and would have LOVED to have cruised with that ModFoxFutura!!!

I can also confirm what Ed said as to the position of the cars...Roc suggested he and and Capri go on the ends...I was standing right there. Other than that it's who pulls up next to who and who follows who until they are all lined up.

The whole day is a long prepared for event by everyone and even though it's super fun - it is stressful. I know it is for me anyway...making sure the car is clean and safe to drive and making sure I have everything with me for the trip. I'd have to imagine even MORE so for Ed since he handles everything...including his family - who is always there lending helping hands as well. Hats off to Ed and his family - I appreciate his efforts and I know everyone else does too. Also big thanks to all the other locals for contributing. It's an awesome time...I've said this before and I'll say it again - it's the best car related event I've ever gone too. I was telling Ed - my first day off this year was specifically for this event...I'd never miss it.

I wish I was rich so I could pay for everyone on the site to attend...it's that fun!

I repped MA hard for the event. TWR2003 I don't know you, we are not friends on FB.

Ed did a kick ass job as always.

The people that come to this even make it great and I am sad I missed it the last two years (fox-a-que 3 and 4) Hopefully I wont miss another one. That being said I am from MA, I have thick skin, I am shameless and think I can take a joke. I didn't get your joke. It came off, whether intentional or not, as dickish in nature. The people at this even are amazing. I was easily the biggest jerk at the event so what does that tell you about MA vs. LI?
    Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

*81 T-Top Notch

Quote Originally Posted by jbishop View Post
    I repped MA hard for the event. TWR2003 I don't know you, we are not friends on FB.

Ed did a kick ass job as always.

The people that come to this even make it great and I am sad I missed it the last two years (fox-a-que 3 and 4) Hopefully I wont miss another one. That being said I am from MA, I have thick skin, I am shameless and think I can take a joke. I didn't get your joke. It came off, whether intentional or not, as dickish in nature. The people at this even are amazing. I was easily the biggest jerk at the event so what does that tell you about MA vs. LI?
    J, you are like the MA superhero! LOL... Your presence is just awesome. We can kick back and enjoy the fun anytime bro. My door is always open for ya. Don't ever change.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    ..............My door is always open for ya. Don't ever change.
    And you won't even have to ask him to take off his shoes! LOL. (I don't know what it is but I can't stay away from the shoe jokes!)

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    J, you are like the MA superhero! LOL... Your presence is just awesome. We can kick back and enjoy the fun anytime bro. My door is always open for ya. Don't ever change.
    Thanks Ed. I have no intentions of changing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post
    And you won't even have to ask him to take off his shoes! LOL. (I don't know what it is but I can't stay away from the shoe jokes!)
    For those that don't get this. I don't wear shoes. I wore them to go in the bathroom for obvious reasons but that was it.
    Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

*81 T-Top Notch

Neither here nor there

For those that don't get this. I don't wear shoes. I wore them to go in the bathroom for obvious reasons but that was it.
    I don't know how you can walk with no shoes, your feet are so boney
    Last edited by Capriman86; 07-23-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Sometimes jokes are like ignition..timing is everything. This was a fine example, pretty sure no one is losing sleep over this misunderstanding (Hope). I appreciate the clarification on behalf of a fellow long island FEP'er. I to was bummed to find out we left someone behind, there's aways next year...because of Ed, and the event's momentum. The event only has the momentum it does because of the group of members that attends, to me, it is a perfect reflection of what this site embodies. With that said, I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone who makes the Fox-a-Que memories what they are.

That's a rare occasion you might want to tell a guest to put his shoes on! Hah, unless he's drinking, then its a lot easier on the bathroom if they stay off..
    I had a blast shooting the (you know what) with you J. Glad you made the appearance. Next time, I expect to be chasing down a burgundy mustang with out of state plates down the Ocean Parkway.
    Last edited by ry4ns302; 07-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.

T,

I appreciate the apology. There is no ill will on my part toward you. I don't understand the inside joke and it seems others may not either.

You've used "we" several times in posts you've written, and it's confusing whether you are writing this with someone else by your side, or you are referring to the "we" collective of members in the New England area. I am sure others have perceived you were writing as "we" the people of New England when maybe in fact you meant simply yourself. Not sure. I also don't know much about you or what cars you own, so hard for me to understand jokes of which I have no previous information or established relationship to go on. Now if Jeff (or many others) busted my chops and asked "Hey Ed, do you own a Capri??" I'd be laughing, as I know his chiding is just that.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE is welcome at this event, including you. We have a friend with many GM cars and he usually "crashes" the party, and he's not turned away either, he loves joining in the fun too and hanging out with us. The only "requirement" if you can call it one, is "if you have a four eye and it's functional, please bring it", this way to prevent everyone from simply jumping in their daily drivers. The cars are certainly an important part of the day. Roc's Futura was the first Futura to ever make the event, just as Scott's Saleen was also a first this year. Roc and I have talked about his Futura many times at MU or via PM etc. It's always awesome to see "new blood" and product be part of the gathering. We have yet to have an LSC or a Mercury Cougar, so I hope maybe someone brings one of those next year or the year after.

Take care,

Ed

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009