Close

Default A few new pictures of my 79

I had started a build thread but then with the site problems I never kept up with it but I figured I'd post some finished pics of the latest mod's to my 79.

Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Defanetly a sweet ride!! thanks for posting more pix of it!
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Nice car - Thanks for posting the pics!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Looks awesome.

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Super Member

Nice ride! And thanks for sharing it and pics of it at Mustang Week 2013!
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Chris Wood

Glad to see some good looking old timers around.

Your 79 looks amazing, great work. It looks like only a few pieces of the interior aren't black, are you planning on changing those to match? I remember following your build thread and this car has really come a long way. Great wheel choice btw, I would love some gold or white mesh wheels for my 86, they just look so good on a fox. Last comment...awesome looking flames on the valve covers, they look great.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    Your 79 looks amazing, great work. It looks like only a few pieces of the interior aren't black, are you planning on changing those to match? I remember following your build thread and this car has really come a long way. Great wheel choice btw, I would love some gold or white mesh wheels for my 86, they just look so good on a fox. Last comment...awesome looking flames on the valve covers, they look great.
    Thanks!!!! Yes the final pieces of the interior will be competed hopefully this winter. I've got another column sitting on the shelf to loose the odd ball 79 only cruise column so I can swap to an SVO wheel. When I pull the column I'm going to pull the rest of the brown pieces and dye it. I'm actually thinking of having the seats recovered to black. I REALLY want to buy a set of period correct recaro covers that TMI is making now and hack the centers out and have them put in these seats with some black covers but I don't know if I want to shell out 800 bucks for covers only to have someone take a blade to them!

I'm really happy with how the wheels turned out, they were actually gold when I got them but with the blue under the hood and blue accents on the car I just didn't feel like gold would work on the car. It was a hard call but I had to go black with them. I'm still not 100% happy with the front tire size but it will do for now. By the time I had the wheels painted, bought them, drove 8 hours round trip to get them, bought tires, etc I could have called any major vendor and ordered pretty much any 17'' wheel and tire package I wanted but I'm glad I went the route I did, its way period correct and that's what I've wanted with everything I've done to the car(with the exception of maybe the seats).
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Beautiful '79!

This car is clean. Seen it in person.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    This car is clean. Seen it in person.
    Thanks!!! That means alot coming from someone with a high caliber car like yours!
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1

No problem. I never actually got to meet you. I was at your hotel the night all the crap went down. We were the people that showed up in 3 different 3 wheeled scooter coupes.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_4 View Post
    Thanks!!!! Yes the final pieces of the interior will be competed hopefully this winter. I've got another column sitting on the shelf to loose the odd ball 79 only cruise column so I can swap to an SVO wheel. When I pull the column I'm going to pull the rest of the brown pieces and dye it. I'm actually thinking of having the seats recovered to black. I REALLY want to buy a set of period correct recaro covers that TMI is making now and hack the centers out and have them put in these seats with some black covers but I don't know if I want to shell out 800 bucks for covers only to have someone take a blade to them!

I'm really happy with how the wheels turned out, they were actually gold when I got them but with the blue under the hood and blue accents on the car I just didn't feel like gold would work on the car. It was a hard call but I had to go black with them. I'm still not 100% happy with the front tire size but it will do for now. By the time I had the wheels painted, bought them, drove 8 hours round trip to get them, bought tires, etc I could have called any major vendor and ordered pretty much any 17'' wheel and tire package I wanted but I'm glad I went the route I did, its way period correct and that's what I've wanted with everything I've done to the car(with the exception of maybe the seats).

You should give TMI a call and tell them what you want. They may be able to sell you just the center section material, or maybe if you sent them your covers they could just add the Recaro zig-zag pattern to the center and leave the sides of your seats as is. Your other option would be to keep your eyes open for NOS Recaro seat material and have a local upholstery shop do the work. That material shows up on eBay every once in a while, you might get lucky (especially if you aren't in a hurry, eventually you could make that happen). I think your idea is a very good one. It would be cool to have the Corbeau seats with the Recaro center section added. People would freak when they noticed what you had done.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Yeah I've had my eyes peeled for a while. If I was going to add the center I'd go black on the outside just to complete the black interior. I think people would definitely freak when they saw it. I was bidding on a set of Japaneese recaro's on ebay the other day but I got scared of the international shipping and let myself get out bid.
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Recaro-seats...b6c8cb&vxp=mtr

Hmmmmmmm

The blue would be a killer way on a black seat to finish tying in the blue look of the car.
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1

Nice paint job. Black is an unforgiving color. Maybe if I cross my fingers, my Ghia will turn out that shiny.
    =1979 Mustang Ghia notchback, 408W/C4, "rattle can red"
    =1980 Cobra, 255, black & green.
    =2000 "Spring Feature" Mustang GT, yellow, 5 speed.
    =1985 F250 Lariat, 460, Funding OPEC 1 gal at a time.

Was the Japanese seller called "nut.online" or something like that? That guy always has cool Recaro's available and before I found mine I thought about buying a set as well. The same thing happened to me though, I got worried about buying from another country (and all that is associated with it like shipping, etc). He does have good feedback though, and a lot of people from the states have bought seats from him and been happy with what they received. Your Corbeaus are so nice though, so I think changing the covers would be a better idea. I thought they were black (that's what it looks like in the pic), are they charcoal grey?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    Was the Japanese seller called "nut.online" or something like that? That guy always has cool Recaro's available and before I found mine I thought about buying a set as well. The same thing happened to me though, I got worried about buying from another country (and all that is associated with it like shipping, etc). He does have good feedback though, and a lot of people from the states have bought seats from him and been happy with what they received. Your Corbeaus are so nice though, so I think changing the covers would be a better idea. I thought they were black (that's what it looks like in the pic), are they charcoal grey?

Yeap that was him!!! I bid a set up to 450 plus almost 200 shipping. But it said it could take ten weeks for delivery. The problem with that is you only have like 30 days to file a complaint on ebay or something like that so after so long your screwed. My Corbeau's are kind of a tan/grey color. Not exactly what I wanted but I got them at a steal. They are soooooooooooo comfortable though. But they stain really easy and are a pain to keep clean. So some new material wouldn't be such a bad thing!!
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfox View Post
    Nice paint job. Black is an unforgiving color. Maybe if I cross my fingers, my Ghia will turn out that shiny.
    Thanks! It shows better than it really is. The guy that painted it missed a ding or two here and there, plus I'm not happy with the finish around the bumpers, grille, etc. I plan on having it redone to a show car finish in the next couple of years.
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1

one sweet ride there, lv the valve covers.

Car looked great a mustang week.
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Very nice ride. Thanks for sharing the pics of it.