Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FEP Supporter

Default Other Bonus Stuff!

What appears to be the original supplied maintenance log:

A dealer supplied maintenance record with the original owners information filled in:

The factory supplied Koni strut adjustment tool with instructions. I don't think it's even been used twice:

There was also this paper envelope with what looks like the information for the wheel lug locks. I don't think you can get one now so don't even think of coming and stealing my wheels :

Awesome stuff. Some one cared for this car for most of it's life!

There was also some other stuff like a dealer added shine protection certificate (guaranteed for the original owner only ) and a dealer supplied extended warranty "insurance" pamphlet with application.

All of it nicely kept in a Ford plastic bag in the glove box:

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 86-TC/SVO View Post
    Looks good !!!

I found it listed in the 1997 SVOOA Registry under Allan Taylor in Aberta.
    Yes, I have some correspondence between him and the SVOOA regarding membership, shows etc. There is also an old hand written judging form for this car in his name and a picture of him beside the car LOL!

Provenance!!

FEP Supporter

Well, in order to bring my son's car into the garage to do some work on it I had to do some shuffling. The weather is getting cooler and now that I have no heat due to the bypassed heater core I decided that the SVO would be the first to try out the new winter storage location. I have a list of minor things I plan to get done on it but I don't want to dive in this year. If I have a nice afternoon, it is currently poised to be fired back up for a spin!

FEP Supporter

Default Light Reading

I plan on doing some reading this winter. The Haynes manual I have does not cover the 2.3T or SVO. I picked up these from: http://www.auto-repair-manuals.com/ Another one in the order was out of stock but they got it in and sent it in around a week.

FEP Member

What an awesome car.

FEP Supporter

I got something delivered yesterday. I wonder what it could be?

Looks like another project for next year!

FEP Supporter

Went and swapped steering wheels on my '82 today. I had to take the cover off the SVO and have a look. Poor thing. Looks ready to go for a cruise (from inside the garage anyways). Stupid groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter!

so beautiful !! congrat.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

the sticker said $23688 is that what it cost new up there, here in the states a new 86 svo was around $16000

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by liv2roc View Post
    the sticker said $23688 is that what it cost new up there, here in the states a new 86 svo was around $16000
    That copy came with the car so it must have been what it was new. No wonder they sat on dealer lots for a long time and that so few were sold in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Went and swapped steering wheels on my '82 today. I had to take the cover off the SVO and have a look. Poor thing. Looks ready to go for a cruise (from inside the garage anyways). Stupid groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter!

Cool pic, man. She's waiting patiently for Spring.
    Love the front plate!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Cool pic, man. She's waiting patiently for Spring.
    Love the front plate!!
    The car is waiting patiently for spring. Me on the other hand? I've had enough of winter and am not so patient anymore.

If I had a Motorsport license plate like some others around here, I would have that on there! The Ford Racing one is too white IMO and will be getting replaced. I picked up this a while back. It seems closer to Oxford White:

Nice!! I have one of those too, in the hatch area, but went with the FMS plate instead. Just cooler, I thought.

My patience is wearing thin as well with this long, cold Winter.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

FEP Supporter

Default Spring has finally sprung!

The stars were aligned this week. I finally got motivated, the weather was nice, and I had an excuse to get the SVO up and running

With the battery out, I was surprised to see some corrosion on the positive battery terminal:

I did all the checks I needed and she fired right up!

Hopefully I can keep the sweet storage arrangement I have for a little while longer while I get another project finished off. Then I don't have to worry about it in the way.

I got the luck of the draw getting my licence plate last year and got -8286 which is the years of my two cars.

FEP Supporter

Default A few small things I have been waiting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    The Ford Racing one is too white IMO and will be getting replaced. I picked up this a while back. It seems closer to Oxford White:

This one looks more in tune with the car

I picked up a driver quality steering wheel last year to upgrade the one I had which was worn through on the left side. This one, although not perfect had a better horn pad and no holes in the leather. I like it!

I also scored some SVO emblems. One for the back I was missing and a couple of spares. Finally have them all on and now people will know what it is from behind!

Wow!!!!! I wish I had the time that you have!!!!! When ever I try to work on my svo,my wife says what could you possibly be fixing on your car now!!!!! It basicly brand new!! Women just don't understand,the svo needs love too!! Lol

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by chads84svo View Post
    Wow!!!!! I wish I had the time that you have!!!!! When ever I try to work on my svo,my wife says what could you possibly be fixing on your car now!!!!! It basicly brand new!! Women just don't understand,the svo needs love too!! Lol
    These fixes at least were all 15-30 minutes so not a huge investment. I wish I had the time you think I have!

My wife honestly shows no interest in my cars. The best I can say is she has tolerated the addiction over the last year and a half. You are right though, I don't think they all understand our connection with our cars (just don't forget about them)!

FEP Supporter

Default First Show for me this year.

The City was having a grand opening for a somewhat controversial $250 million tunnel for a major future thoroughfare under a runway expansion at our airport. The city had contacted all of the clubs in the city and had an open to the public show with around 400 cars down one side of the tunnel and they had city stuff set up on the other. Ribbon cutting by the mayor etc. also.

This show was strictly for fun. I went with 38 other cars from the Alberta Mustang owners club and we set up in order of years. Wouldn't you know it, the only 80's car and one of two Fox bodies.

I posted more show pictures here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=1#post1650097

Very cool. Bet you're glad to be driving it again!

Thats an excellent looking svo and one of the strangest sites for a car show I've ever seen. You crazy Canadians!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Supporter

Default Some Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Very cool. Bet you're glad to be driving it again!
    You hit it there! Everytime I take this car out it seems to impress me more! BTW Joe I think I figured 20 mpg on the last tank with not nearly as much "cruising" and probably more foot in the pedal as you might do. Way better than my '82 (I'm scared to calculate that)!

With a few other things on my plate right now, I had neglected doing even the basics. The bonus was in hunting for parts for my son's coupe I picked up some other things at the same time. Wife; "What's in that box?", Me; "Oh just stuff for Jack's car" I jest of course!

I found the time to do a few routine maintenance things I will tell you...for 2-3 hours invested, myself and son both noticed a very positive result!

I'll change my previous statement to I love this car more and more and I am so happy I picked it up when I did!

Oil and filter change. Cooling system 2X flush and fill. New cap and rotor. I have plugs and wires but I will do them when I remove that irritating, vibrating intercooler bracket soon!

FEP Supporter

I haven't even touched under here other than an initial wash last year.

FEP Member

Thank you for taking the time to post and inform on your 9L !

MANY SVO sites would love to see your kind of participation !

Mark Haas
    The SVO Trust
    Brighton MI

FEP Supporter

Default Cruise with some Mustang enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to post and inform on your 9L !

MANY SVO sites would love to see your kind of participation !

Mark Haas
    The SVO Trust
    Brighton MI
    Thanks Mark! You do a lot for the SVO community yourself!

I forgot I went out for a cruise with my old friend I reconnected with at a show last year and his "group" last weekend. Good time. I think we drove about 100 miles taking the long way around the city. The SVO did pretty good given the spirit in a drive like this.

This 600hp monster I had seen before. He was having minor tuning issues and ended up with some electrical/ fuel pump issues and we followed him home. Nice!

A Mopar (I only showed it because the air brushing was very well done!).

I look at all those other cars (at the gathering you attended) and yours is far and away the one I would want. You really have a beautiful svo...congrats!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast