Close

Default First time out with new 4 eye Video added

I picked a beautiful, well built four eye last month and with this crazy NY weather I finally made it to the track. It was a very frustrating day, I am by no means a good track driver. In fact this is probably my 5th overall trip to the strip.

It rained the entire drive up but when we got to the track it was a go. Immediately I failed tech for no battery box in my hatch but some quick swapping and we were good to go. I got four passes in and I am really embarrassed to say but the first 3 passes I had 34psi in the rear tires and could get zero traction. After I realized what I was doing I dropped the psi to about 19 and made my best pass.

reaction 0.114
    60 2.110 (I know)
    330 5.161
    660 7.566 mph 102.08
    1000 9.69
    1320 11.382 mph 129.60

Also this is the fastest car I've and I'm going to need some seat time to get used to it for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLC...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Order 66; 07-14-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    86 GT with some go fast parts

Nice run , if you get the car to hook you'll see some 10 second passes , what tire were you running ?
    1993 Mustang GT ,393w TKO600 .

2015 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost.

Your ran an 11.3 at 130 on street tires. If you get that launch figured out, that will be a real fast car.

Going to the track can be a real learning experience as you found out. With all the excitement, its easy to overlook things. If your running street tires, go around the water box! Check ur tire pressure before and after the run, this will give you an idea of what the heat during your burnout is doing to the pressure. Document every run, noting things and how the car responded. Don't change timing and shift points and tire pressure and make a pass, you won't know what change made the difference( only make one change at a time). The hardest part for me on street tires is when I'm up against an open header car. I can't hear my own engine and that drives me crazy. Lol
    So your car seems pretty fast, what's the list of mods?

Drop the air in those drag radials to 15psi and do a good smokey burnout to get some heat in those tires. What RPM are you footbraking the stall to when you launch? You need some more launch RPM to launch harder and reduce those 60ft times. With the power you got your 60's should be in the 1.50's brother.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Drop the air in those drag radials to 15psi and do a good smokey burnout to get some heat in those tires. What RPM are you footbraking the stall to when you launch? You need some more launch RPM to launch harder and reduce those 60ft times. With the power you got your 60's should be in the 1.50's brother.
    Took me a while to learn this. It would seem like you want to back the power off to stop the wheel spin, but it was explained to me that you add MORE power to plant the rear tires harder to add grip and stop the spin.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

If they are drag radials then yes they like to be hit harder, but the suspension has to be right. With your 60ft times your spinning and hitting them harder likely will spin them more.

Tires are Mickey Thompson ET Street 275/60/15

Car has trans brake and the only time I tried it was when the tires were at 34 psi so I blew the tires right off but trapped at 130.12 lol

Car has a Proline built 347 stroker with a YSI@ 15 pounds. I have a pretty safe tune because it is a mexican block 302. I bought the car this way and if I keep it, I'll do a dart 408 or something