Close

Default Really mad at Craigslist seller right now.......

Today I found a Craigslist ad for a set of 4 wheels off of a early 90's ranger with 215-70-r14 Uniroyal Tirepaws at about 60% tread for $200. I called the guy to check the age, he didn't know, but I got him to check the date codes, 2010 manufacture tires. Everything looks good to go, wheels look super clean in the pictures, even though I really just wanted the tires for my Torino, I figured I could just run the wheels on it for a while since they were the ones that look kind of like Draglites. I tell him I'm very interested and that I will come get them when I get off work. About 1pm I sent him a text, making sure that its okay for me to come get them at around 5:30-6pm and confirming his address. He replies back that everything is fine. I got there finally at 6:05 because I got lost since it was at the end of a dead end dirt road with no house number (I called him at about 5:45 asking for more directions because I couldn't find it, and he didn't answer). There is a woman sitting in a car outside, so I ask her about the wheels. Answer: "Oh yeah, let me go get him". A minute or two later she comes back out of the trailer "He just sold them". ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!? I contacted the seller, multiple times, confirming that I would be there, then drove an hour (one way) to the middle of nowhere. For nothing. And of course the Ranger the wheels came from is sitting there with the ugliest blinged out wheels and bald lo-pro tires on it. Poor truck. I get that buyers flake on CL all the time and cash now talks, but he could have at least called me. Or for that matter come out of the trailer to tell me to my face. Probably best he didn't because I might have said a few things better left unsaid, since he just wasted two hours of my life, $20 in gas, plus a bunch of miles on my car. Welcome to CL I guess. /rant
    1986 Mustang LX convertible 3.8L V6 C4 auto
    1975 Ford Gran Torino 351W C4
    1995 Ford F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W
    2015 Mustang 3.7L V6/auto

that dirty bastard could of at least called while you were only 1/2 way there.

Same thing happened to me twice in the last couple years, now I dint make trips out of my way for cl, if its still there when I go near it so be it, if not there will always be other deals.
    1979 tangerine capri, 40k miles, sn95 8.8, spindles, eibach v8 springs, caster camber plates, manual steering and brakes, Lincoln master cylinder, rebuilt 2.3t/t5 from 85 tbird, nothing much!

sad to say a lot of craigslist ads turn out to be crap several years ago I responded to one from north Alabama a guy was selling a 89 mustang conv that had a bad engine for 600.00 I spoke to him several times about the cars condition asked had it been wrecked and he said no I drive nearly 3 hours and when I get there and look at it the radiator support and right apron was in terrible shape and all he said was he's not a body man and I sad dam you must be blinded not to see that

what I've learned is what's "nice" to some is junk to others. some people are just dumb.

I went to look at a 2R 4 cyl coupe the othe day, about 1hr away, no pics, asking $500. owner said it was nice minus engine, the car didn't have a straight panel on it, missing a side window and was full of water with a rotten interior. If he offered to pay me to take it I'd have to seriously think about it.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Craigslist. I wouldn't go there on a bet. I swear 99% of the people selling there are flakes.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I found my car on Craigslist, and it was a great find and I got it for a great price. But I did have to look at a bunch of cars to find it. I also went to buy some 10-hole wheels from a guy, then when I was to the point of driving out to get them, he stopped responding to my text messages. Guess he changed his mind.

It's a free for all on the CL, you're going to have to sort through a lot of junk to find what you want, and deal with a few "characters", but I for one am glad it's there!

Just about a month ago I bought a set of seat belts off this guy in ny that deals in these cars, he has a ton of parts. It was $75 shipped for a set of dark grey seat belts well it's been about a month and still haven't received them. First excuse was he put the wrong address on the box and it got sent back to him, then he sent it back out and 2 weeks later still nothing. He barely answers my calls and he said he sent out another set because he's having trouble with USPS shipping lately. He said he sent me a pic with the tracking number which i never got. The main part I've been waiting on to finish my car is the seat belts of course. I hate dealing with people like this but that's Craigslist for ya, sometimes you find some good deals other times you get screwed.

This is the link to his ad he runs through out new England pretty much
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/3904152204.html

Alex

Just about a month ago I bought a set of seat belts off this guy in ny that deals in these cars, he has a ton of parts. It was $75 shipped for a set of dark grey seat belts well it's been about a month and still haven't received them. First excuse was he put the wrong address on the box and it got sent back to him, then he sent it back out and 2 weeks later still nothing. He barely answers my calls and he said he sent out another set because he's having trouble with USPS shipping lately. He said he sent me a pic with the tracking number which i never got. The main part I've been waiting on to finish my car is the seat belts of course. The worst part is he said he doesn't except PayPal anymore because of all the fees, so he only excepts money orders and checks, so I send him a check so there goes my chances of getting my money back. I hate dealing with people like this but that's Craigslist for ya, sometimes you find some good deals other times you get screwed.

This is the link to his ad he runs through out new England pretty much
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/3904152204.html

Alex
    Last edited by Alex978; 07-04-2013 at 10:09 AM.

sounds like you got screwed, ok everybody call and then go flag his c/l add 518-496-1506. I called, no answer and the mailbox was full
    Last edited by FM2NOTCH; 07-04-2013 at 10:40 AM.

It's always full, I've actually been sent to voicemail to.

Default Really mad at Craigslist seller right now.......

I’m having an issue with this same seller. He’s near Albany NY. Wish I could get some advice or help. His communication sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ght4719; 03-07-2019 at 04:15 AM.