Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well i just tried to buy this four eyed Mustang.....

But no one was around and i got no answer at the door. The grass was over grown even in the driveway, I think someone has abandoned the house and the car. Any idea's on tracking down the owner? Run the vin through DMV? Its a 1969 Mustang coupe,302,3-speed,blue on blue. It looks pretty complete but the quarters are beat to death. I could make her look good again if i can just find the owner.....

That 69 belongs on the cars in barns site.

Well less than a mile down the road was this beauty also.......

This 80+ year old lady came to the door when i asked about this 1972 Dodge Challenger 340,automatic trans. She told me quickly that is was NOT FOR SALE. She went on to tell me it belonged to her son who was a pilot for American Airlines and lives in Charlotte NC. He bought it brand new in Fayettville NC when he returned home from Vietnam in late 71 where he was a jet fighter pilot. She also said he has two young teenage boys that want it. Its a shame that it has sat in this same spot since 1982 because its gonna take a whole lot of cash to get this baby looking new again. If he loves the car so much,why would you just let the thing rot out in the weather like this...

the mustang doesnt look like its been sitting that long..try the note under the windshield trick

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

My capri almost looked like that challenger when I first saw it. Guy held onto it without doing anything far longer than he probably should have. But I can understand getting attached to a car then life gets in the way for a while. I agree that 69 probably hasn't been sitting too long. Could always inquire with the local PD to see if anyone lives there.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Blog Entries

Challenger looks savable. Mustang-- wow thats a job. Looks like the whole rear is really, really rough. Hard to tell from just pictures, though.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

How long they have been sitting is definitely shown in the Keystone Klassics they are both wearing.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe, 302 swapped
    1982 Mercury LN7
    1986 Ford EXP, custom turbo car
    1926 Ford Model T, Bone stock and mostly original.
    1982 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD Belt Drive

Quote Originally Posted by 1ugly85 View Post
    How long they have been sitting is definitely shown in the Keystone Klassics they are both wearing.
    I was just about to make that same point (lol).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

Brave guy opening the hood and stuff.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

Is that on 15-501 near the Moore/Hoke county line?
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    Is that on 15-501 near the Moore/Hoke county line?
    Yes sir,it sure is. I've drove by these cars for awhile now but was off work this week so i decided to stop by and see what the deal was on them. I live near DeerCroft in Scotland County.

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    the mustang doesnt look like its been sitting that long..try the note under the windshield trick

The last inspection sticker on the windshield was 1999. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and leave a note in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by stableboy View Post
    Brave guy opening the hood and stuff.
    Trust me, i knocked on every door and window trying to get someone's attention before i even took pic's of the car. I took the outside pic's first then knocked some more. I carry,so i'm protected if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by tORMENtOR View Post
    That 69 belongs on the cars in barns site.
    straight out of a wall-less barn

You can use the Moore County GIS maps to find out the property owners info. If I get a chance I'll take a look on there. Also, those cars haven't moved since 1999. They have always stuck out to me. Right past the next golf course headed toward Aberdeen, there is a house on the right with an older detached garage. It has a big board across it, but not covering the opening completely. He put it there to keep people from stopping and asking if his old Corvette was for sale. It is a late 50s or early 60s model and has been there forever.
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

County assessor's office should have property owner info and you can usually have a VIN check done by the local PD to check the vehicle status. If the property is abandoned, (the owner could be a financial institution), you might be able to "salvage" the vehicle yourself. Check with the local legal authorities first.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

I tried to find it by aerial photos, but there were too many shadows. Did you get the address by any chance?
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Trust me, i knocked on every door and window trying to get someone's attention before i even took pic's of the car. I took the outside pic's first then knocked some more. I carry,so i'm protected if need be.
    So let me get this straight. You went onto someone else's land, started messing with someone else's car parked on that property, and you are implying that you could open fire on said property owner if they legally confronted you about this obvious trespass? This sounds remotely familiar....

I tried to find it by aerial photos, but there were too many shadows. Did you get the address by any chance?
    There was no house number but i'm gonna try some neighbors out and see if they know anything.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'd love to own that Challenger!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    ..try the note under the windshield trick

that is how I got My Grand Prix Capri

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    I'd love to own that Challenger!
    I know right! I had 5k in my pocket that day just to buy an old car and couldn't find one for sale,but i guess her son is gonna fix it up one day....... i hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    that is how I got My Grand Prix Capri
    That Grand Prix Capri is sweet you got there!! I may end up doing the note in the windshield but i don't think anyone stays there.

You can use the Moore County GIS maps to find out the property owners info. If I get a chance I'll take a look on there. Also, those cars haven't moved since 1999. They have always stuck out to me. Right past the next golf course headed toward Aberdeen, there is a house on the right with an older detached garage. It has a big board across it, but not covering the opening completely. He put it there to keep people from stopping and asking if his old Corvette was for sale. It is a late 50s or early 60s model and has been there forever.
    Wow,i know the house your talking about! I would have never known there was an old Corvette there.

Quote Originally Posted by HAD85B4 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You went onto someone else's land, started messing with someone else's car parked on that property, and you are implying that you could open fire on said property owner if they legally confronted you about this obvious trespass? This sounds remotely familiar....
    First thing I thought of. I know I'd never go uninvited onto somebody else's property and start opening doors and hoods on cars parked there. Seems way over the line to me.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast