Close

Question More Bolt Size Questions...Seat Belt Bolts on 86 Coupe

I almost have my entire interior pieced together and am in the process of installing the front seat belts. I've looked and found conflicting info saying I need a T45 torx bolt for them, a T50, a T47, and I've also not found if all of the bolts are the same (upper bolt by the shoulder, one that goes in the center by the console, one that is under the inside 1/4 panel). It's an 86 notch. If someone knows these sizes or has their interior apart and can check, I'd be very grateful. This is the only invasive installation I have to do in the interior since I bought the complete interior hardware kit for the coupe.

Any help is appreciated.

T50 Torx bit is the correct size. The rear seat belt bolts are slightly different (finish and length) than the ones for the front seat.

As info., Green's still lists the front seat belt bolts as available.
    Last edited by bluemax; 07-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Thanks a lot! I have the rear belts already installed, I just need the bolt sizes for the front. Appreciate it!

Edit: where do I find that Green's you're talking about? Those bolts are harder to find than nuclear coordinates.
    Last edited by rock4451; 07-02-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Greens Sales Company, they sell obsolete Ford parts... http://www.greensalescompany.com/

part number 386277-S100

I see that NPD also offers them in their early model catalog, but I am not posative that the '68 and up bolts are exactly the same without seeing one in person.
    Last edited by bluemax; 07-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Just be careful when you are taking off the part that is behind the inner quarter panel on the passenger side. I was having a hard time getting mine off after spraying some PB blaster. Ended up slicing my knuckle on the edge of the metal trying to break it loose. Not sure if you could use it or not, but I have pictures of the seatbelt removal in my build thread.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

Thanks for the heads up, I bought my coupe without front belts or any hardware so I guess consider me lucky that I don't have to remove the bolts. I've heard nothing but nightmare stories like that, Selcouth.

Edit: I've looked on NPD's website, I don't have their catalog. Their website doesn't show it. Green's site isn't showing that part number, either. I've tried it with and without the dash, torx, t50, nothing comes up. Please let me know if I'm doing it wrong or if the "inventory search" page isn't the right page to search.
    Last edited by rock4451; 07-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Sorry about that... typo.

Try 386277-S100 (don't place the dash in the number when entering on their site).
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

I don't want to start another thread, does anyone know what screws are needed for the trunk latch on my coupe? Not the bottom part/striker, the top part where the actual lever that goes to the key sits in and opens the trunk. Basically the mechanism that latches onto the bottom bar. I need the screws for those and don't know where to start.
    Light Regatta Blue 1986 Mustang GT 5sp - bone stock....block and rotating assembly.

Guys, I need some help here. Nut size for the clutch cable adjustment, the nut that holds the clutch cable to my clutch fork. What size? I seem to have just a little too big and just a little too small setting in the nuts & bolts bin. Any help appreciated!
    Light Regatta Blue 1986 Mustang GT 5sp - bone stock....block and rotating assembly.

So far I've got one recommendation for a 5/16 24 thread nut, sound right to anyone else?