Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this how I was supposed to set this solenoid up?

Someone told me that according to nhra rules you cannot put the line lock between the mc and PV. It has to be after the PV...if nhra rules matter to you.
    1984 SVO - .63 T3/T4, NPR, LA3, Boport 1.5
    1984 GT - 306

Every track that I would even race at, doesn't do a tech inspection, so I'm fine with this setup for now. If at any point I want to go faster or race at a track with nhra tech inspection, then I'll change it.

If your proportioning valve also has a differential pressure valve, as the Mustang does, section 3.1 of the NHRA general rules says that you can't put the line-loc between the m/c and proportioning valve.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

I wish one of the people that suggested that I install my line lock this way would chime in, and tell me if I need to change this.

unless you are going nhra racing, I wouldn't worry about it. so far no one has given any reason to install it after the pv other than a nhra rule, mine is before the pv without issues since the mid 90's
    Last edited by FM2NOTCH; 07-08-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield
    ****, negro. That's all you had to say.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

thats the way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    If your proportioning valve also has a differential pressure valve, as the Mustang does, section 3.1 of the NHRA general rules says that you can't put the line-loc between the m/c and proportioning valve.
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if a gutted proportioning valve would still have a differential pressure switch or have I rendered this thing to simply a distribution block? I want to put my line lock in between the master cylinder and the gutted proportioning valve. This would make an easy install for me.
    1983 Ford Mustang GT | T- Roof | Polar White | Black Sport Interior

The nut on the front of the combination valve has the proportioning valve in it.

The nut on the rear of the combination valve has the differential pressure valve in it.

If you remove the differential pressure valve, then the front and rear hydraulic systems become common.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Thanks Jack! It sounds like it would be a bad idea to gut further! I’m going to either eliminate the stock valve totally or plumb it in after which I dreading. Everything is nearly together and I don’t want to bend and cut stainless!!
    1983 Ford Mustang GT | T- Roof | Polar White | Black Sport Interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12