Close

Default Kick Panel Fastener

Anyone know where you can get the fasteners for the kick panels?

FEP Senior Member

My local hardware store carried much of what I needed,otherwise LateModel Resto carries them.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Panel-Clip-Kit

OMR
    '86 Med.Canyon Red Met.(original paint) T-top,5 speed,3.55 rear,MAF conversion(A9L).MM adj. RLCAs,T/A,Panhard Bar,and adj MMRSB-3,rear T/A springs 375#-440#,MM C/C plates,MM 1.125" dia.swaybar,STB,4pt KMB,FLSFC's,'03 Cobra rack-n-pinion w/ Saginaw pump conversion.Bilstein MM coilover conversion and A-arms,front spring rate:250#.

FEP Senior Member

Yes,in the fastener section with all the pull out drawers.They had quite abit of the automotive stuff on hand,the proper panel screws and a large assortment of push pins.I did have to go to another store to find the long push pin for the drivers side,but otherwise yes.

OMR
    '86 Med.Canyon Red Met.(original paint) T-top,5 speed,3.55 rear,MAF conversion(A9L).MM adj. RLCAs,T/A,Panhard Bar,and adj MMRSB-3,rear T/A springs 375#-440#,MM C/C plates,MM 1.125" dia.swaybar,STB,4pt KMB,FLSFC's,'03 Cobra rack-n-pinion w/ Saginaw pump conversion.Bilstein MM coilover conversion and A-arms,front spring rate:250#.

My hardware store has them as well. If you just want to get them without a bunch of searching just order them from any mustang shop.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

ahgrafx Get two of the long one,I bent one trying to get it in.Mine was hard to push in and it bent in the center.Good thing i had extra. I got mine at lmr,They came gray had to paint them tan,No bid deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj View Post
    ahgrafx Get two of the long one,I bent one trying to get it in.Mine was hard to push in and it bent in the center.Good thing i had extra. I got mine at lmr,They came gray had to paint them tan,No bid deal though.
    Good point..had the same happen with my qtr plastics.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

$10 just seems high for those then after shipping especially. Is one long and one shorter? It has been 8 years since I took the panels out so I have no idea what they looked like because I lost them, moved around too many times in the last 8yrs.
    thanks for the help guys

Yes, you need one long and one short.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

one long and one short for the pass and driver side or just one long for driver and one short for pass?

Just one long for the driver and one short for the passenger.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Thanks top gear, I think I have the short one, can someone give me a measurement for the long one?

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahgrafx View Post
    Thanks top gear, I think I have the short one, can someone give me a measurement for the long one?
    The long one measures 2 1/2'' long and about .340'' diameter.
    Like others stated the fit is a little tight,I've taken a razor blade and shave a little off the splined portion so pushing it in and taking it out can be done without ruining the pin.

OMR