Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Yeeha racing View Post
    Killagt,
    I'm not sure what your asking here.... Lol If your asking if its already painted the answer is no. It's got a rustoleum rattle can paint job from the previous owner.
    I kind of like it gives the car that mad max look. But I'm planning on restoring the paint on the car as it's fairly rare 1 of 249 from what I've been told. The car was originally Midnight Blue Metallic. That's a ways down the road though.

If anyone has any pictures of what a Fox looks like in Midnight Blue Metallic please post them.
    yes haha, I love love love mad max style too.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

Got some work done this weekend...
    Painted the bell housing:

Fabricated and installed sump on gas tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Finished pics.

Black Betty is home. My buddy dropped the car off tonight. We put it on the lift and installed the line lock and brake lines. Also we touched up a few welds and while it was up in the air. My step son played gopher tonight and got to drive his first mustang as we pushed it into my garage sitting in his own racing seat (folding chair).
    Last edited by Yeeha racing; 01-20-2014 at 11:42 PM.

So I gotta ask everyone a question...
    Do you get offended when someone calls your fox a rust bucket?
    My buddy called her a rust bucket last night, which she does have some rust but its all surface on the bottom. Infact most of the bottom still has the factory primer and paint.

His comment has been ringing in my head all day...

I get it once in a while. Your vision has to be strong enough that you shrug off the criticism. You have to SEE what others can't! Now that my powertrain is bolted in along with an independent rear suspension, others can see where I'm going with my Daddywagon project and I don't get the really negative comments anymore.

No work on her this weekend... too much snow and work. Been pulling alot of hours at work lately like 28 hour shifts. ALOT of overtime coming my way.

Well it's been a while since I updated anything on the thread... Mostly because I haven't had time or money to do anything to the car.
    We went down to the Engine builder's shop on Wednesday night and through around some ideas. So far we have a couple things nailed down.

He had the block blasted and baked and everything looks great. The crank looks like it can stay standard bearing sizes. He cleaned up the weights and the casting marks on the crank. He's chamffering the oil holes in the crank and a little more polishing work on the journals as well as rebalancing it.

He has a set of Sealed Power .030 over pistons and rings that are sitting there brand new. He's going to put them in after the block and heads are magnafluxed. Also we will be running SCAT rods.

Once the heads are cleaned up and he's done a 5 angle valve job on them, they are going to a friend of his who is going to port and polish the heads.

We talked about what intake to run, he wanted to try out a Parker Funnel Web intake. If not we will be going with an Airgap. Still trying to decide on that.
    Funnel web is really cool but I'm a little worried that we may not be in the power band to use them. From what I've read they are like the Victor Jr. from 0-4500 RPM then from 4500 to 7500 RPM they blow the Vic's out of the water. Builder says we would be redline at 6-6500 RPM.. I'm a little worried we would be leaving alot of power unutilized. So I'm trying to decide what to do... Go with the Airgap and call it a day or have the rest built to handle the 7500 rpms to utilize the funnel web. Ultimately it comes down to how much more it's going to cost.

Got to work on the car a little today. I added the rear hood pins and installed the right front fender moulding.

Well it's been a while since I posted anything up here regarding the car.. Things have been getting in the way of working on her. I recently got a set of MAC headers off a friends rebuild project that I'm cleaning up and also picked up a SN95 front end setup from him as well. Hopefully I will have a little more time and money to work on her in the coming year. Engine has been bored and honed and the builder is assembling the bottom end and balancing it. Hope to get down to him in the next couple of weeks and get some pictures of the engine and put them up here.

Good build. Hope you smoke that Trans Am.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Build continues... We had quite a few setbacks that caused the build to stall for several years. We now have a garage and a place to work on the car. After losing two engines to an engine builder who disappeared with our engines. We now have a 302 bored .040 over with 351 heads and a parker funnel web intake. Lower end is assembled and the heads are on. We are working on getting the push rod length and then final assembly of the top end. Name:  IMG_0569.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  116.9 KB

Keep on keepin’ on! The payoff is just around the corner when you get to drive it. I built my project in my driveway and that first startup and that first drive are the greatest feeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123