Close

Thread: New best at MIR

Default New best at MIR

Far from a perfect pass, buy my junk is running pretty good at MIR in good air...my car is 106

Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.29@110, 1/4 9.87@137

Awesome pass brother!!! That 2.3 is getting it done for sure!!

Blog Entries

Nice run man!

Keep your eye out for a white '06 with silver stripes, running a turbo'd V6. Guys name is Bob and he's probably hanging out with the CJ's crowd. You two would be a close race, provided he's got the new converter figured out.
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

Nice run, just gotta work on your R/T. Your junk is pretty fast...
    1983 GT 5.0L CONVERTIBLE (CLONE) Daily Driver
    1976 COBRA II RESTOMOD

I watched your car last year at the NMRA Nationals and was very impressed, look forward to checking it out later today. Great Job!
    John
    85 gt ttop
    86 coupe
    89 5.0 lx vert
    90 LX Hatch
    05 Power Stroke

Nice!

Your mph is pretty impressive for a 4 banger!

Reaction time, not so much

I didn't even look at the tree yesterday beside staging. This is 4/10 Pro Tree. When I see the tree I start getting ready, whack the throttle, and launch based on boost gauge. No reason to rush when you are testing, wait until I'm on a 5/10th sportsman tree on Sunday where it matters
    Bob Myers ©

Very nice run, Bob!!!

Oh yeah, that's getting it done!

Doesn't look like your carnage from last week set you back any.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Just blew up my transmission on the first pass today right off the clutch drop. It's junk.
    Bob Myers ©

Really sorry to hear that Bob. Are you thinking there might have been some undetected damage from the drive shaft problem last week?

Don't suppose there's any kind of warranty on those G-Force transmissions?
    408/T5/3.73's

Blog Entries

That truly sucks. Do you think it is terminal, Or can you rebuild? I know that is not a cheap prospect either way.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Obviously in hindsight, we missed something from last week.

Of course no warranty. In fact Leonard was here this weekend racing.

It's junk, 1st gear is totally gone and it locks up randomly. I doubt there is anything that can be saved.
    Bob Myers ©

Video of the 11.33 pass .... lots left in the 60'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcWqU...layer_embedded

Bob Myers ©

Too bad on the tranny. Once you get it fixed, I see high 10's in your future. Great job making that kind of power out of a 2300.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by 306gt View Post
    Once you get it fixed, I see high 10's in your future.
    Thanks. This was pretty darned good air on an exceptional track. Likely the last time I will see those kind of conditions until the Finals at Bowling Green. By the time I get it back together, it will be time to back off to my 12 flat in the heat combo
    Bob Myers ©

The solution to my breakage ....

I put it in over the weekend and been driving it a bit this week. Should be ready for NMRA Norwalk when I get home.

Don't ask how much Mike I've never owned a complete new transmission so I'm enjoying the new tranny smell
    Bob Myers ©

Hey, hey, hey Bob. You can't leave me hanging like that. I keep looking at one of these two from TMS:

TMS X series T5 Ford transmissionXT587-93 This is our X series RACE T5 rated at 600 Hp / 650 lbs trq. It features 2.92 ratio with .73 overdrive, race lug sliders , G force cluster gear retainer plate, steel bearing retainer and high speed balanced mainshaft.This is for race only . $2,295 ea

TMS XR series T5 Ford transmissionXRT587-93 This is our XR series STREET T5 transmission rated at 600 Hp / 600 lbs trq. It features 2.94 ratio with .73 overdrive, race cut syncros, G force cluster gear retainer plate, steel bearing retainer and high speed balanced mainshaft. $1,995 ea
    Both utilize the A5 gearset and don't require a core.

I'm sure you'll baby that new transmission, right?
    408/T5/3.73's

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Hey, hey, hey Bob. You can't leave me hanging like that.:
    It's a brand new G Force, I mean no core parts, all new (don't ask how much )

I had considered going with Astro / Astro parts but they are out of gear sets with a mid June at best delivery date. Can;t wait that long I would miss NMRA Norwalk.

Both utilize the A5 gearset and don't require a core. :
    The info you pasted shows it as G Force clusters. That either seems like a really good deal or something "up". Based on the price of the G Force Gear set plus main shaft (at discount prices) to get to that power level. Add in the cluster support, bearing retainer, and in particular the road race 5th, I can'y see how they do it. G Force with stock overdrive ends up a .59 OD, When I did my first one the road race 5th was like a $300.00 upgrade. I suspect you know the price of all the bearings, blockers, synchro's, etc ... lots of value there if it's as advertised.

I'm sure you'll baby that new transmission, right?
    I have been street driving it this week. I've got to go back out of town for a few weeks, so this week I'm just driving and it will sit two weeks then let the beatings commence. After my carnage the last few weeks, I am quite happy to put it in the garage running and driving
    Bob Myers ©

Doh ... update signature too
    Bob Myers ©

Quote Originally Posted by martin0660 View Post
    It's a brand new G Force, I mean no core parts, all new (don't ask how much )

I don't have to ask, as I'd previously called G-Force and priced an all new unit.

I had considered going with Astro / Astro parts but they are out of gear sets with a mid June at best delivery date. Can;t wait that long I would miss NMRA Norwalk.

Tony did tell me that while we were discussing the fact that the T5 output shaft is now an obsolete part. He said he sells out of the A5 sets as quick as he can get them.

The info you pasted shows it as G Force clusters. That either seems like a really good deal or something "up". Based on the price of the G Force Gear set plus main shaft (at discount prices) to get to that power level. Add in the cluster support, bearing retainer, and in particular the road race 5th, I can'y see how they do it. G Force with stock overdrive ends up a .59 OD, When I did my first one the road race 5th was like a $300.00 upgrade. I suspect you know the price of all the bearings, blockers, synchro's, etc ... lots of value there if it's as advertised.

I really don't know what the story is on those transmissions but would like to find out. It says they use the G-Force cluster gear retainer plate, not the actual G-Force cluster itself.

I first heard about the TMS transmissions from a FEP member who ordered one a couple months ago. I'll have to pm him and see how it's working out.

This is an email exchange I had with TMS two months ago:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 14:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
    > "mike@txmotorsports.com" <mike@txmotorsports.com> wrote:
    > Our XR series does in fact use the A5 gear kit. The
    > basic
    > XR series unit is
    > $1995 + shipping outright. Our premium model is $2495 +
    > shipping.

What is the difference between the basic and premium XR
    > series transmissions?

The basic unit uses a stock main shaft. The premium unit has the 9310 main shaft, bronze fork pads and billet 3-4 shift keys.

I have been street driving it this week. I've got to go back out of town for a few weeks, so this week I'm just driving and it will sit two weeks then let the beatings commence. After my carnage the last few weeks, I am quite happy to put it in the garage running and driving
    I'm sure you'll put that thing through it's paces. Here's wishing you a long and happy relationship with it!
    408/T5/3.73's

I'm sure you'll put that thing through it's paces.
    LOL, couldnt resist, went to Test And Tune tionight, got 5 passes on it and it was flawless.

I did have everything cut back working on a 12-0 package for True Street at Norwalk. A really productive test tonight
    Bob Myers ©