Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like it too but I just want the front pulled down more... Idk what to do lol
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

Best 1/4 to date: 15.24 @ 91 stock

There was a noticeable difference with the rears, I didn't really compare the fronts... I may find some springs that'll drop it harder up front
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

When you put the springs in did you loosen the a-arm bolts so the preload is removed? If not, the bushings are probably close to bind and effectively adding spring rate to the front suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by qtrracer View Post
    When you put the springs in did you loosen the a-arm bolts so the preload is removed? If not, the bushings are probably close to bind and effectively adding spring rate to the front suspension.
    No I didn't, I removed the tie rod end, the sway bar link, the brake caliper, and the strut and basically let the spring push the control arm down. Then when I installed them I pried the control arm down and pushed the new spring into its notch and used a jack to push the control arm back up into its position and re attached everything....
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

North Florida/ "Way Down Yander On the Chattahoochee"

Quote Originally Posted by Sturg View Post
    Yeah I have a couple I can put up, the thing is its not the springs causing it as it was an issue before the new springs... I assumed the stock rears were just sagging.
    Maybe the tank is filled with leaded gas!

lol, Just B.S.ing
    69 Mustang Fastback= EXPENSIVE
    84 SVO= project pick up the front wheels
    86 Coupe= project show car
    87 Mark-VII Vortech'd351/T56= TROUBLE
    93 Town&Country= DD/work van
    96 F150 Lightning FlareSide= boat hauler
    99 P71 the "PO-RAUDER"=weekend ride (awaiting built motor)
    00 Excursion 7.3PSD= long distance trips
    05 F250 V10 SCSB= the Hot-Rod pick-up, trailer puller
    Wifes rides: 97 Exploraineer Sport V8= DD, 93 GT 2.3t/T5= backup, 05 F250 SCSB 4X4= toy

If your going to change the rear control arms put some the weight jacker style in. Then you can adjust the rear ride height to exactly where you want it.

New User

That is about the same reverse rake my 84 has with stock springs, mine is just higher.
    I know this might bring up a debate but what condition are your rear shocks in, are they leaking?
    If you disconnect one end do they still have good pressure to them if you try to compress them by hand?
    My last three foxes including an 85 T-bird all seemed to have the same stance. I just bought the springs I wanted and ended up trimming the fronts to get the stance I wanted.
    May be worth trying what was mentioned above and loosening the front lca's to see if it helps adjust everything.

If the front springs aren't turned the correct rotation they will sit up like that. There its a pocket the end of the spring fits in, could it just not be in all the way?
    1979 tangerine capri, 40k miles, sn95 8.8, spindles, eibach v8 springs, caster camber plates, manual steering and brakes, Lincoln master cylinder, rebuilt 2.3t/t5 from 85 tbird, nothing much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12