Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    Yep, I'm back here at my house now full time. I've already started plans on projects that have been sitting for many years. I'm looking into building a garage in my back yard for almost all of the Mustangs and the Capri. The Watkins Glen car needs some attention and some parts swapped around like seats and tail lights. Easy stuff. I need to look back up the guy who does light bars / strobes for some local city Police and emergency vehicles near me.

The light bar is covered in dust but it has new silicone rubber suction cups / pads already in place. Just some wiring and hooking it up.
    Nice, I have a large shop I rent for my business that I store cars in. Do you have a thread with photos of your Pace Car? I actually know the guy that has a later aero Saugus pace car as well, but he is in Montana and not really near our region. But it would be cool to have just 79-86 cars in there. It would probably be 5 years before it was possible, mine is 95% restored, this GP needs 95%, is yours a survivor or is it it need of restoration?

I would imagine your going back original with the lights, mine didn't have any, more of a "sticker" package.

And vintage we need pictures when you get her delivered!
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

FEP Senior Member

Did a quick google search, is 1E the silver color? Large amber light bar? Good looking car. I also stumbled across this photo and wondered what it was about?

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncat View Post
    Did a quick google search, is 1E the silver color? Large amber light bar? Good looking car. I also stumbled across this photo and wondered what it was about?

That is the 1984 Detroit GP Pace car. It was also Dave Domain's personal car. He was one of the main players in the development of the svo mustang. It is now in Gary Ayers home museum. There were 7 cars with stickers on them for the race. This is the one that actually paced the race. Here is a thread with some pics of Garys museum. All the cars are low mileage and some have not even been Dealer preped. They were taken from the Dealership to his house. He also has the last svo produced and bought by The Bill Elliott Falmily.

http://mustangsvo.org/svoforums/show...o-Over-the-Top!
    Last edited by KCoker; 08-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Kendal

Do you have a thread with photos of your Pace Car? ...is yours a survivor or is it it need of restoration? I would imagine your going back original with the lights, mine didn't have any, more of a "sticker" package.
    Besides the pic of it on the track in my avatar it's on page two of my album. The pic was taken at an SVOCA Reunion some years ago and the last time it was out of the garage. It was researched and restored by the previous owner. He worked together with the guy who owns the 85.5 9L Watkins Glen car. I have the original track program that has pics of the press car. Mine was the track car and was identical except mine has a sunroof.

I keep coming back hoping to see some pics of this Capri at it's new home... I don't want to hijack this thread too bad. Would've really liked to have it for my own. Oh well HAHA
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Car will be picked up on Tuesday!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Car will be picked up on Tuesday!
    Sweet! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Which, now that I think about it, Ken's Watkins SVO, Saugus and this car should do a photo shoot in the future, that. Would. Be. AWESOME.

And whomever has the original 1979 Pace Car, although that one might be tough to get out.
    the original 1979 mustang pace car is owned by Jack Roush. it is in his "garage" in Michigan. it was re-painted white for the 1982 Detroit Grand Prix & sports that races lettering on the doors.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

There were THREE Indy Pace cars. Roush has two of them. The third is purportedly at the Indy Museum.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    There were THREE Indy Pace cars. Roush has two of them. The third is purportedly at the Indy Museum.
    "Roush" Which is having a open house this 15Th for the Woodward Dream cruise. I seen the cars 2yrs ago

The two cars at Roush are 9F03F100024 and 9F03F102848.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I'd like to see those...one of you guys up there in the mitten, please snap some photos next time these cars are shown!
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

Car has been purchased, picked up and is now headed to my friends shop in Titusville Fla as we speak.

Will work on getting the car shipping in the next several weeks.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Nice ^! First steps to saving this special car!
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

Mike, Good Luck on the restoration! Just subscribed to the thread and I will be following the progress like a hawk!

Adam
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234