Close

Default I have a question about my GT350

I bought a GT350 recently for my wife, after looking at photos of other GT350 the position of the emblem on the dash is different and also the car has SVO sail pillars on it. They claimed it was original paint and after looking it over it appears to have original paint on it. It's a Canadian model, were they different? The buck tag says ANN, is ther anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a great gift! With the dash emblem, I believe those were put on at the dealership along with the plaque that had the original owners names, so you will find them in multiple locations (on the passenger dash bezel) depending on where the dealership or original owners felt they would look the best.

The sail panels are SVO and shouldn't be on that car. It should have regular black finned sail panels like the GT's had. I think the SVO panels look awesome though, and if it was me, I would keep them. Are the ttop panels painted white? If so, those should be all black, but otherwise your car really looks clean and original.

Great purchase, I would like to see more pictures if you have any.
    Last edited by TopGear85; 04-05-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Thanks for the info. I too like the sail pillars, wished I had a set on my car.
    Here are some other photos.

Congratulations! These are becoming some very rare cars, I have a T-Top also car #1241.

Wow, that really looks great! How are the trx tires? Are they new?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I got 2 sets of them with the car, rims and tires. Between the two sets I think there are 4 of them that are nearly new. I'm thinking we are going to change the rims and tires on it, just not sure to what yet.

It's cool that you wife is into foxes. Do you guys have anymore mustangs or performance type cars?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Great looking car. Just bought an 82 for my wife and she loves it.....can't wait to take the TTops out. I agree, these are starting to get harder to find. Nice pick up.

Yes I have a Canadian car as well, an 1986 GT-Pro Street.

Whoa, look at those tail pipes and meats! Now shouldn't that car say "Cobra" on the back? I want an 86 Canada car just because it's a Cobra, I think it's awesome that Ford used the name for their Canadian GT's, plus you rarely see any real ones.

I'm not big into the drag look, but your car just looks mean and nasty. Very cool!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

The spoiler appears like it doesn't fit right. Might be the photo
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

I'm not sure this one started out as a real GT, but it has been repainted. It has 2 tags on the core support.

I think it's just the photo.

looks awesome
    the movie twister..i lived it big cabin oklahoma summer of '73

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXnM5-B1T4
    current cars
    1984 gt 350 vert. second owner
    1986 lx 5.0 hatchback gone but not forgotten

FEP Senior Member cobracomander's Avatar

Congrats Nice car. I bought a conv GT-350 for my wife last fall. This must be a trend all should do the same..... Just kidding.
    1979 Mustang Cobra wht/green v8
    1984 Mustang GT-350 Convertible
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab Trd 4x4 off road- (daily driver)
    1968 Mustang Conv (Eleanor Project)
    2009 Honda crv.

Can you post pics of the door tag, buck tag, build sheet, window sticker, owner card, etc.? I see the car has air conditioner, cruise, defrost, interval wipers, power windows, a and tinted windshield. Does it have power locks, premium sound, or tilt? How many kilometers on the odometer?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

It does have power locks, tilt and premium sound. I will take pics of the door and buck tag today. I got a pile of stuff with it I'll go through it and look for the other items you asked about. It has 136,564 kilometers on the odometer as of today.

Here are some photos, I'm going to have to remove the tag I think to get the info you need. It also has a power trunk release.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986 Pro Street GT View Post
    I bought a GT350 recently for my wife, after looking at photos of other GT350 the position of the emblem on the dash is different and also the car has SVO sail pillars on it. They claimed it was original paint and after looking it over it appears to have original paint on it. It's a Canadian model, were they different? The buck tag says ANN, is ther anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks,
    Chris
    That is a great car! Very clean, and I like that it has t-tops. Nice find. You don't see them that clean very often.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Thanks for posting the tags and for the addtional options and mileage info. Let me know if/when you can get a better pic of the buck tag. Loosening the "L" bracket on the core support side and then removing the buck tag screw should allow you to remove the tag completely.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I'd be interested in seeing the tags from the '86 GT as well. Start another thread in the Decoding forum, if you want, to keep this thread and forum on topic of G.T.350s.

I started a thread about the Canadian "Cobra GT" buck tags here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=142728 Trying to figure out if GTC means GT Cobra, and if it's only on '86 tags.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I updated the wheels and tires and on it last evening. The old metrics were really weather checked.

Nice wheels! I have the cobra R