Close

FEP Supporter

Default 81 Capri gone to the boneyard today

I went and scavenged a few parts from a Kijiji ad today (Calgary AB). He had already made arrangements for it to be picked up to go to the local pick and pull later today. It was cold out and I didn't have a lot of time. I got the fender splash shield I needed as well as a so-so negative battery cable. I wouls have grabbed the tail lights which looked great but recently "re-painted" so I didn't bother. The fenders were decent, the sail panels were ok (one broken stud each). The interior was pretty stripped (the guy also had an 89 GT and another Capri he was "working" on that were not here).
    I was going to grab the rear deflector, but he wanted me to take the whole hatch which I didn't need (for $20!). Had rear defrost and wiper.

Ah well. Strike this one off the list FoxChassis. See the attached door sticker.

PS the front end was beside it and going too, no pic of that. This car was originally white with blue interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Thanks for grabbing a pic of the door tag. Will put this one in the database and mark it as parted/scrapped.

VIN
    1ME = Mercury vehicle manufactured in USA
    B = active belts, no airbags
    P = passenger car
    68 = Capri GS 3-dr hatchback
    B = 3.3L I6 engine
    9 = VIN check digit
    B = 1981 model year
    F = Dearborn Assembly
    624407 = 24,407th 1981 Mercury scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly

Door Tag
    03/81 = March 1981 scheduled build
    F1643 = 1643 lbs front accessory reserve load
    R1211 = 1211 lbs rear accessory reserve load
    Exterior Paint Colors - 9D = Polar White
    DSO - A6 = Western Ford of Canada district sales office
    Body - 61H = Capri GS 3-dr hatchback
    Int Trim - FBD = cloth & vinyl seating, low-back front buckets (F), Medium Wedgewood Blue interior color (B), trim deviation D
    A/C - A = air conditioner
    R - 7 = AM/FM stereo radio w/ cassette
    S - D = T-roof
    Ax - B = 2.47:1 axle ratio, non-locking differential
    Tr - 6 = 4-sp manual transmission (Borg Warner)
    NN = front springs
    MM = rear springs
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-03-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Wow, I didn't know the 3.3 4 speed manual had a 2.47:1 7.5 inch diff, I thought they only had 3.08:1 6.7 or 7.5. Autos had 2.73"1 gears in 6.7 or 7.5. This is a new one for me!

The 1981 3.3 trans was an SROD with 3.08, but this looks like perhaps a non overdrive T4, and it looks like Ford awarded it a taller (lower numerical) axle ratio.

Note also how often you get a T roofed 3.3 1981 Mustang or Capri car

I'm sure the igloo like temperatures and parting out of the car would mean there weren't any pictures on the engine color (blue or grey or if it was a high or low mount engine?

It doesn't matter, seams like lots of good info from that visit.

Thanks for posting it and taking the time out to do so, your efforts were brilliant!