Close

Default ASC McLaren head light covers.

So I've been drooling over a set of ASC McLaren Capri head light covers for like 10 years now. I was hoping some ASC guys might be able to give me a few details about them. My first question is before I hand over Hank some serious dough for these is how do they mount on the Capri head light bezels? Can anyone tell me? I see small holes on the outer edges or sides of the covers in his pictures, but not sure how they mount up. Do they come with hardware? Also don't know how easy they come off for cleaning? I know that these really add to the appearance of a Capri and would love to buy a set for my Black 85 GS. I used to have a set of GTS blackouts, but couldn't see well at night with them, imagine that. They didn't look near as nice as the ASC covers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by twingsrs; 03-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Tom T.

2 screws into the top of the headlight bezel. Cake to take off and clean.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Default ASC head light covers

Wow, easy enough. I figured it was something more complicated then that. Thanks for the valuable info on this.

Hey, it's a small world. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure I sold you my rust free bubble hatch off my 85 GS and even delivered it to your house? Is your ASC super or turbo charged? I'm pretty sure I remember your car. At any rate, thanks.
    Tom T.

Quote Originally Posted by twingsrs View Post
    Wow, easy enough. I figured it was something more complicated then that. Thanks for the valuable info on this.

Hey, it's a small world. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure I sold you my rust free bubble hatch off my 85 GS and even delivered it to your house? Is your ASC super or turbo charged? I'm pretty sure I remember your car. At any rate, thanks.
    You remembered correctly. The car was supercharged. Sold it a couple years back. Welcome back to the dark side. LOL
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Default Head light covers

That's funny. That was a nice car you had there! Thanks for the help on this.
    Tom T.

Post Covers

Although I sold mine alsmost a year ago {Truly Miss Her}. I wrapped the perimeters of both covers with some high grade 1/2" wide electrical tape. Also added Black plastic screw head covers to the hardware, looked slick & tape matched the headlight buckets nicely.

Jim
    1986 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe #19 of 47
    1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 302/C4

Default ASC head light covers

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjim View Post
    Although I sold mine alsmost a year ago {Truly Miss Her}. I wrapped the perimeters of both covers with some high grade 1/2" wide electrical tape. Also added Black plastic screw head covers to the hardware, looked slick & tape matched the headlight buckets nicely.

Jim
    I appreciate the info on that. A nice clean look under the hood is what I'm going for. I will keep that in mind. I'm pretty excited. I just bought my covers and look forward to getting them in the mail. I think they'll set the front end off nicely!
    Tom T.

Thomas, I don't have covers for mine but it had them. There is double sided tape marks on the top. I am guessing to keep moisture out or keep from vibrating?
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

when ordering the covers from Hank, make sure you request the orginal tint.
    he is also doing re-pops & those are almost black in tint. you will end up with the same problem as the GTS covers.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Crap, I didn't know that. They are in the
    mail already. I guess I'll see what I get? Nothing noted on his site about 2 options or tints.
    Tom T.

yea he has the original ASC NOS which are a lighter tint(smoke color), but he will ship the re-pops he makes which are dark (almost pitch black).

FYI, the NOS i more fragile then then the re=pops.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1985 Motorsport Capri View Post
    yea he has the original ASC NOS which are a lighter tint(smoke color), but he will ship the re-pops he makes which are dark (almost pitch black).

FYI, the NOS i more fragile then then the re=pops.
    Thanks for the info.
    Tom T.

The original covers also had a small section of Velcro on them between the headlight cover and the bumper cover. Probably 1 inch long.
    '85 ASC McLaren coupe
    EFI conversion
    Twisted Wedge heads, etc...
    13.2@105

How do the rears attach?

The rears attach with screws in the corners right into the bumper cover. They also have special weatherstripping which goes around the edges.