Close

Default 1986 NC State Highway Patrol?

Anyone know if NCSHP used SSPs from the 1986 model year? I know they had 1983 and 1985 models. In my search for a 1986 5.0L coupe I may have evolved into accepting an SSP, and thought maybe a NCSHP SSP would be a good candidate for a resto, if they existed.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I wonder if it would be possible to contact one of the garages that serviced them? you might talk to an old timer who remembers, there's a garage/place in mocksville NC on 601 that has for years had several police vehicles in a fenced in yard, some wrecked,etc. I don't know the name of it or even if has a name. some of the business's close by might know.

I will inquire about it when I see the ex trooper I know, he used to drive the aero coupes and a modified white aero GT

You might want to check this one out.

http://onslow.craigslist.org/cto/3569198182.html
    79 2.3 Turbo PC (two, 1 with 32k original miles & 1 with 58k original miles)
    80 2.3 Turbo sunroof hatch (bought new, SOLD)
    84 5.0 GT T-top hatch (bought new, SOLD)
    86 5.0 GT convert (bought new, DONATED), 86 5.0 GT convert (SOLD)
    86 5.0 GT hatch (SOLD), 86 5.0 LX coupe (SOLD)
    86 5.0 LX SSP UHP (SOLD), 86 5.0 LX SSP GSP clone (SOLD)
    89 5.0 LX SSP MSP (owned 3 of the 20, SOLD)
    89 5.0 LX convert (1 of 203)
    93 5.0 LX SSP NHP (1 of eight)

This is a really good place to answer your question.

http://www.sspmustang.org/technical/vehicle_usage.htm

Thanks 86V8NOTCH...thought I had seen that one (before I was looking for one) and did not call. I will see if they will give up some info.

Thanks 1988EXOSP...I know of that 'useage' page @ .ORG and unfortunately it has little info for NCSHP, only that they used them (but no totals) in '83 and '85 and blanks every other year. Their VIN registry page has entries for other years but none for '86.