Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1400 need 1200 to ship to E/C

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    That's a nice looking coupe you have there. And IMO the automatic is a plus, since it makes the car more usable as an everyday driver.

Since you wrote that you added the console, did the car originally come with a console? If not, are the bulb outage display and the clock functional?

And do you have the original Y-pipe exhaust? An H-pipe won't pass the visual part of an emissions test, at least not in California.
    An original non console car. It havent wired anything the bulb out stuff. I got the car as is. Have no extra parts or original. Does Cali really know if had 1 cat or 2? 1 of course for 85. And 2 for 86. Don't they just look to see it has cats and test test the emissions?

Non console car??? How is that excuse my un knowledge but ive never herd of that? What was the reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Non console car??? How is that excuse my un knowledge but ive never herd of that? What was the reason for that?
    It was an option you could order or not. It was $191.00 option. Just cause they never wanted one. Even though this car has all the electrical options you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988EXOSP View Post
    An original non console car. It havent wired anything the bulb out stuff. I got the car as is. Have no extra parts or original. Does Cali really know if had 1 cat or 2? 1 of course for 85. And 2 for 86. Don't they just look to see it has cats and test test the emissions?
    Unfortunately they do care a lot about the type, number, and configuration of the converters. In order to legitimately pass, '85 5.0s must have a Y-pipe with two converters, and '86 5.0s need an H-pipe with 4 converters. And just any converters won't do; they have to be stock replacements for the particular application. Of course it's always possible to get away with different parts, but that can be a hassle.

So the car would need to have the exhaust reworked before it could be registered in CA, but then it does look like a solid ride and your asking price seems really reasonable.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Price reduction to $2450!!!!!!

Bump<><><>

wow!!! id love to have this, but im having a hard time talking myself into an auto....

FEP Member

That car being on the east coast wouldve been gone by now...the exact car i want

Oh man if this car was only a 5 speed. I'd buy it and gladly pay the shipping.
    Greg

95 Bronco 4WD 5.0, auto, 3:55 rear- daily driver

86 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0, 5 speed, 3:27 gears

68 Firebird 400, ported 6X heads, 068 cam, Muncie 4-speed, 3:55 gears

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

You and about a dozen other of us notch lovers....that's why it's priced the way it is! A 5speed would be twice that price. It's a beautiful car even as an auto. If it was in my neighborhood I would like it as a little cruiser for that price.

QUOTE=Super-G;1516795]Oh man if this car was only a 5 speed. I'd buy it and gladly pay the shipping.[/QUOTE]

This car is price extremely fairly, even for an automatic. As pointed out, a 5sp car would be twice the price. Yes, we'd all love to have a 5sp car for automatic money but it doesn't work that way. Love the color combo here, hope it finds a good home.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Just wondering, what color is this car? It looks to be paint code 1D Dark Gray. Am I right?
    1986 Shadow Blue LX Coupe 5.0/5spd
    2012 Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue #2995 Recaros/Torsen
    1995 Firehawk #321
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Yes, Chris has this right....wouldn't we all love a 5 speed car at automatic prices just not reality...this is a nice car, almost twin to my 5 speed car. If you have been really wanting one of these,myou can't go wrong with a car like this, if you don't care about originality, this would be a perfect conversion candidate, although the thought of that with a car like this makes me cringe...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
    This car is price extremely fairly, even for an automatic. As pointed out, a 5sp car would be twice the price. Yes, we'd all love to have a 5sp car for automatic money but it doesn't work that way. Love the color combo here, hope it finds a good home.

Color could be 4M Dark Slate Metallic. 1D was an '86 only color (at least for the four eyes). Pics of the door tag and or buck tag would tell the tale. Only about 30 LX 5.0L coupes painted 4M in 1985! I have only one in the database (also an automatic) and it was found on autotrader three years ago. I'd actually like to see the pics of the door tag and buck tag of this one so I can add it to the database.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I thought there was a lighter grey available than dark slate? I knew a guy who had a 85 5 Spd Coupe in this exact color back in 86-87. He purchased it new. Had the red stripe just like this one. So that is a factory color.
    Last edited by bluesfannoz; 03-09-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

1B Medium Charcoal was the other grey color

These are all of the production '85 colors:

1C Black
    1B Medium Charcoal Metallic
    1E Silver Metallic
    2A Medium Canyon Red Metallic
    2R Bright Red
    3L Midnight Blue Metallic
    3V Light Regatta Blue Metallic
    4E Dark Sage
    4M Dark Slate Metallic
    8L Sand Beige
    8Y Dark Clove Brown Metallic
    9L Oxford White

I have only one non-SSP 1B 5.0L coupe in the database. A little over 200 were made in '85. (1985 KY State Patrol SSPs were painted 1B.)
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-09-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I would say 1B is it. Wish I knew where that car was. Guy brought it out to KCIR several times. Lost track of him when I sold my original Dominator. I seriously considered ordering that exact car before I ran across the Dominator. Last time I saw it, he had wrecked it. Had a small dent in the driver side quarter panel. Nothing serious. Its probably long gone though the way he drove it.

Somebody should pick this one up. Looks like a nice car for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    1B Medium Charcoal was the other grey color

These are all of the production '85 colors:

1C Black
    1B Medium Charcoal Metallic
    1E Silver Metallic
    2A Medium Canyon Red Metallic
    2R Bright Red
    3L Midnight Blue Metallic
    3V Light Regatta Blue Metallic
    4E Dark Sage
    4M Dark Slate Metallic
    8L Sand Beige
    8Y Dark Clove Brown Metallic
    9L Oxford White

I have only one non-SSP 1B 5.0L coupe in the database. A little over 200 were made in '85. (1985 KY State Patrol SSPs were painted 1B.)
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Thanks for the info guys. My bad on the paint code. That's what i get for looking up '86 paint codes for an '85. Whoops.
    1986 Shadow Blue LX Coupe 5.0/5spd
    2012 Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue #2995 Recaros/Torsen
    1995 Firehawk #321
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6

Sold to an FEP member today. This little notch signing to New Jersey!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12